Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Teamspeak 3 Registry Path Locations

Hi,

I'm making an application for a gaming community and their servers & some of the users are having problems with the ts3:// URL prefix for the "Launch Teamspeak" button so I am instead looking to use Registry detection for Teamspeak and thus store that path in my applications settings file and use the path + executable name directly to launch Teamspeak.

I am wondering what are all of the possible registry locations for Teamspeak as I have found multiple different locations for the installation path itself.

The paramter is ts3server:// and not ts3://
    https://support.teamspeakusa.com/ind...-on-my-webpage

We do not give support here playing with the OS registry.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Sorry about that typing mistake, ts3server is the prefix I'm using but certain people report that it doesn't launch or open teamspeak.
    TeamspeakIP = "ts3server://IP?port=PORT";
    No support is fair enough, I'll check a few more .reg files to see what I can come up with

On Windows: Make sure this entry does exist.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ts3server\shell\open\command

Value:
    "C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win64.exe" "%1"

Or for 32 bit client.
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\TeamSpeak 3 Client\ts3client_win32.exe" "%1"

This is all i can say here. Please do not remove them and do not play with the registry.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

No registry changes are being made from any function as it isn't needed, I've worked in multiple I.T sectors myself so I know the dangers of registry unnecessary registry editing.

The main thing I'm doing here is querying the registry for a specific key and storing the result of that key as a string which will basically be the directory that Teamspeak is installed in, in the event that it is installed in a custom directory.

I have looked in one persons registry and there is no HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ts3server entry; I've noticed that a few users don't have this and that is why they can't use the ts3server:// prefix.

This is why I am interested in seeing what all of the possible keys relating to Teamspeak are in the Registry which hold the full teamspeak installation path regardless of where it is installed.

One key which I have already is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\TeamSpeak 3 Client from my own local PC which can throw errors on other machines depending on the install settings.

Thread Information