Forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Fixed. I re-installed Google Chrome and the issue went away.

[WIN 8.1] Unable to open links

Hey!

I recently installed Windows 8.1, and I am now unable to open links via the TS3 chat. Basically I click the link and nothing happens.

Google Chrome is my standard web browser.
    Yes, the links are perfectly fine and everyone else are able to open them (they're all on Windows 7 iirc).

Some help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Iglotruck

EDIT: My TS3 version is "3.0.16 [Stable]"
    Last edited by iglotruck; April 10th, 2015 at 03:53 AM.

Can't click link in chat

Heya,

I have Win 8.1 Pro had install yesterday and i cant clink any links in chat :/ I have Chrome webbrowser.

Name:  i5hztPU.png
Views: 1936
Size:  3.1 KB

Help me.
    Last edited by dante696; July 2nd, 2015 at 11:18 AM. Reason: merged, do use a real browser not a browser app and it will work again.

How use real browser ? :x

Refresh help me pls.

[Win 10] Unable to open links with chrome

Win 10 Pro
    TS 3.0.16
    Chrome version 44.0.2403.125 m

When i make IE or Edge as defaualt browser all work fine, but if i change to chrome links does not work anymore.

Copy paste is rly annoying plz fix this issue.

regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System
    Key: EnableLUA
    Value data: 0

Worked for me on Win 10.

same problem

I'm having the same issue with Windows 10 and my browser Torch (also based on Chromium).
    Switching to Microsoft Edge makes links work but since Torch is my default browser I'd like to make it open links :/

Cannot open links in Windows 10

Since upgrading to Windows 10, web links in the chat box no longer open in a browser. The link is highlighted with a dashed box when I click (like it should), but then nothing ever happens. I have to copy and paste any links that people post in the TS3 chat box now. My default browser is Chrome, and I'm curious if this has anything to do with Windows 10 and their new Edge browser.
    Last edited by dante696; August 10th, 2015 at 10:57 AM. Reason: merged

Quote Originally Posted by darkxeno View Post
    Since upgrading to Windows 10, web links in the chat box no longer open in a browser. The link is highlighted with a dashed box when I click (like it should), but then nothing ever happens. I have to copy and paste any links that people post in the TS3 chat box now. My default browser is Chrome, and I'm curious if this has anything to do with Windows 10 and their new Edge browser.
    Me and 2 other friends have the same issue as you. Ever since we upgraded from W7 to W10, TS doesn't open links in chat anymore when Chrome is the default browser. If you set EDGE or IE as the default browser in windows, the links will open normally, but we want to use Chrome.... Also if you open Event viewer in W10, and open all the Errors and click on any error, there is a Online help link at the bottom of the Event viewer for the particular error that is suppose to open a browser and point you out to WIndows online help. Those links also stop working when you have Chrome as default browser - it gives an error that "Event online help cannot be displayed".

Quote Originally Posted by Kauzer View Post
    Win 10 Pro
    TS 3.0.16
    Chrome version 44.0.2403.125 m

When i make IE or Edge as defaualt browser all work fine, but if i change to chrome links does not work anymore.

Copy paste is rly annoying plz fix this issue.
    Me and 2 others friends of mine have the exact same issue. We all upgraded from W7 to W10. Can we get some support here ? This is so damn annoying.

[QUOTE=Kauzer;417270]regedit

Worked for me too in windows 10

[QUOTE=BIGLeo;417949]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauzer View Post
    regedit

Worked for me too in windows 10

This works BUT it breaks all programs that use the Metro interface !! For example, the new W10 calculator will stop working, ALSO you will not be able to pin applications as Tiles on the WIndows 10 start menu, and i use this feature a lot since it makes it easier to have them pinned as a Tile, instead of on the desktop. SO in the end this is not a solution in my opinion....

[QUOTE=FrostyCanu;418078]
    Quote Originally Posted by BIGLeo View Post

This works BUT it breaks all programs that use the Metro interface !! For example, the new W10 calculator will stop working, ALSO you will not be able to pin applications as Tiles on the WIndows 10 start menu, and i use this feature a lot since it makes it easier to have them pinned as a Tile, instead of on the desktop. SO in the end this is not a solution in my opinion....
    Setting EnableLUA to 0 only turns off UAC, it shouldn't affect the way anything displays.

[QUOTE=Schwaka;418406]
    Quote Originally Posted by FrostyCanu View Post

Setting EnableLUA to 0 only turns off UAC, it shouldn't affect the way anything displays.

Well it does affect it. You can try it for yourself and see.

Thread Information