Forum

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomas View Post
    Hello, just a heads up,
    I'll help. As far as networking and linux related questions goes.
    Just have to create some random acc. on github so bear with me.
    Awesome!

I run my TeamSpeak server off my own computer, and decided to try this out. I am having issues where when I connect (using 127.0.0.1) I can't see anyone, and they can not see me. They are connecting using my IP when joining a video channel, but go to their own channel.

Quote Originally Posted by hyprdmg View Post
    I run my TeamSpeak server off my own computer, and decided to try this out. I am having issues where when I connect (using 127.0.0.1) I can't see anyone, and they can not see me. They are connecting using my IP when joining a video channel, but go to their own channel.
    Hi hyprdmg,

you need to use the same IP address to connect to your TeamSpeak server as the other clients use (your external address).
    The video plugin uses this address to generate the unique conference-ID.

Manuel

When I try to connect to my external IP (had someone copy/paste the exact info) I get stuck trying to connect and then receive an error message of "Connection time out".

Hi
    that sounds weird. There must be something wrong. Why should you get a time out to your own IP.

So on your PC runs (your external IP is 123.123.123.123 in this example):
    - TS3 Server
    - TS3 Client (+TS3VIDEO Plugin)
    - VideoServer (v0.3)

Now you use TS3 Client to connect to 123.123.123.123:9987 (9987 is the default port of TeamSpeaks first virtual server) and your friends use the same IP? Note: You are NOT connecting to the VideoServer with the TeamSpeak Client. Only the plugin will do that. If you right-click a channel -> TS3VIDEO -> Join now..., you should see something like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-06-06 07_24_18.png 
Views:	149 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	12511

Manuel

Yes, my computer runs both the TS3 server, and the TS3Video server.

When I right click a channel and click join, this is what I see:

Name:	3sCVsWN.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	12512

And this is what my friends see:

Name:	lJdEJUl.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	12513

Also, when I look at the server when I do a Join now, I see the default local IP (127.0.0.1) and when they join I see their normal external IP.

Hi gainwar, hyprdmg,

those issues sounds completely normal. It is common problem with modems/routers implementation.
    I would guess that you have modem/router that connects to the internet that is being shared to your computer and possibly other devices as well over LAN using one of few private IP ranges.

Yes. I have dealt with plenty of servers that have had this issue, but there were usually ways around it, or the servers would still let you connect using localhost/127.0.0.1 while others connect via external IP (teamspeak 3 does this, I connect via localhost, while others use my ip/dns).

I'm just wondering why the video plug in would be having issues.

I haven't spent much time looking at the sources or torturing the plugin in question. This is pure speculation at this time.

I'm afraid that server address/ip is used along other details(channel) to split users of different ts3server using same video server with same channel(name/id) on servers...

Are your friends using IP directly or some kind of DNS name? Because you could locally fake a DNS name in your system to be 127.0.0.1 for you only. NOTICE: purely testing purposes.

They use a DNS name, but when they connect to the video server, it shows the IP, not the DNS name.

And I can say that I would have no clue as to how I would go about faking a DNS for a local connection.

Hi,
    as Tomas said, the TS3 IP address is used to generate a unique room-name (e.g.: "<ip>#<port>#<channel-id>"), which makes it possible to use one VideoServer for multiple TS3-VirtualServers.

As a work around you and all other users could do the following:
    - In the dialog startup dialog, enter a custom channel/room-name (e.g.: MyChannel)
    - Enter a custom room password (e.g.: BeerIsGood)
    As long as every participant uses the same "Channel-Name/Password" combination you will be in the same video conference.

I will try to fix that with the next release. I just need to find a good way to handle this.

Manuel

PS: I've opened a issue to fix this https://github.com/mfreiholz/ocs/issues/21
    Last edited by gainwar; June 9th, 2015 at 03:57 PM.

Alright, I will try that when people are on (it's 5:30 AM here), and I'll see if it works!

Edit: Tested it, and same room name works just fine!
    Last edited by hyprdmg; June 9th, 2015 at 12:42 PM.

ts3video_win64.dll failed to load plugin

Quote Originally Posted by gainwar View Post
    Hey,
    i've created a client plugin and a server application to enable video-conferencing from within TeamSpeak. Like TeamSpeak it's possible to host your own server...
    I have been having issues and can't figure out what to do. I have uninstalled all instances of TeamSpeak and reinstalled and still the same issue. see attached screen shot. I appreciate any help you can provide!

Name:	19565290624_45f9e50a1e_z.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	12765

When you get poked with the TS3Video plugin activated your client replies with the "X Received your poke!" message, as if the TeamSpeak Test Plugin was activated. This is really annoying because it resets the Idle Time, if someone wants to enable that message they can use the test plugin :/

Please disable this behaviour,
    ToFran

Quote Originally Posted by thommerlin View Post
    I have been having issues and can't figure out what to do. I have uninstalled all instances of TeamSpeak and reinstalled and still the same issue. see attached screen shot. I appreciate any help you can provide!

Name:	19565290624_45f9e50a1e_z.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	12765
    So you have used the latest TeamSpeak and latest TS3VIDEO (0.3)?

Thread Information