Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Permissions issues - cannot move client

I would like the ability for an admin to be able to move someone to the sleepy time channel, but not to disturb their rest by moving them out.

Is this possible?

right click the sleepy channel -> Channel Permissions.
    Then assign a i_client_needed_move_power of 75.
    That way Clients can be moved into the channel but once inside only Users with a i_client_move_power >= 75 (by default only Serveradmins) can move them out again.

[solved] Permissions issues - cannot move client

Hi everybody,

I have got some problems with permissions system. I have read permission documentation provided by teamspeak and everything seems understood but actually nothing works !

So the issue is about the possibility to move clients according to specific server group.

For example, a user from "officer" server group should have the possibility to move everyone except the server admin.
    In reality he can't do it and always has the same error : "insufficient client permissions (failed on i_client_move_power)". I've tried to correct it using skip value since i've seen in client permission overview that other permissions where set from channel group, but the result is the same.

Here is the permission overview of a user of "officier" server group :

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-17-1429893901-357.jpg

Here is the permission overview of the user to be moved:

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-17-1429894370-358.jpg

Thank you for your help !
    Last edited by Tumla; April 27th, 2015 at 07:57 PM. Reason: merged

The client permisison overwirtes what the server group has set.
    You must remove the permissions from client itself or set skip there.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I know that, you talk about 5 layers permission system. But how can i remove client permissions whitout being obliged to do it with all clients of my server? Actually, I don't want that only one client get his permissions removed but I want to remove client permissions for everyone.

I just answerded to your screenshots, whehre the user as a client permission set.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumla View Post
    But how can i remove client permissions whitout being obliged to do it with all clients of my server?
    The big question
    Why did you assign the permission twice to your users? o.O
    Your server group does provide the permission already.

In case you did assign the permissions as a client permission:
    You must remove it manaully from each client, where you did assign it manually.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Actually I haven't assigned manually permssions as client permissions.

I've found one day that a server group which can normally move clients cannot. I found out that a client permission for every client of this server group existed but I've never touched it.

Is there not a optimised way to remove those client permissions instead of manually change them? Because I have a lot of client who belong to the corresponding server group it's gonna take a long time to remove their client permissions manually.

Just to make things clear:
    Your exmaples do show, that the user also has client permissions assigned.
    Maybe this was just a test from you or someone. The Client was names "Test".
    Maybe it's only that user who has client permissions assigned next to the server group?

In case someone did add all these permissions to users instead just assigning groups, that user also must remove the permissions again per user.
    You can open the client permissions from a user and remove all at once, but not for all users at once.

You cold use permreset to reset permissions and groups back to default. This will also remove custom assigned permissions from users and channels.
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...ight=permreset
    Last edited by dante696; April 27th, 2015 at 03:35 PM.

Thank you for your answer but I'm the only one to set permissions on my server, so nobody can set client permissions.

Anyway, I have an other question about "permissions overview" window. What does mean the "All" category at the end of the whole list? Is it the final permissions that the client is gonna have according to the 5 layers system?

So only that test user has client permissions? You do confuse me a lot. Please do as answered in my first answer.
    The user has no skip enabled and is guest in other channels. This can cause trouble.

ALL under Server Groups is full combination of all assigned server groups
    ALL at then end is the combination of all permission layers and the real value that the user currently has in current channel (cause this can change per channel).

When i change client permissions on test(equal to "jacky" in the following screenshot) and test2, permissions are well set for "Jacky" but it's not the case for test2 :

http://www.noelshack.com/2015-18-1430140980-360.jpg

Otherwise, since ALL at the end is the combination of all permissions in current channel, why "test" wasn't able to move "test2" then? Both of them had 75/75 so I should have had the possiblity to move test2 with test.

I don't want to repeat that anymore.

1. Channels and channel groups will overwrite the move power.
    2. Your Server group already has the needed permissions and skip. Your client permissions (without skip) do destroy it.

Edit
    Also as mentoined before, the permission overview only shows all permission for current channel.
    Please set your user and the target user in the other channel, from where you want to move him into "Team 2" and then compare the new current permissions, compared to "Team 2" channel.
    Last edited by dante696; April 27th, 2015 at 02:45 PM.

Sorry I didn't know that I could remove permissions other than adjusting the value. So now it's done.

I've done what you told me about putting the two different users in different channels and i can move test2 to test but i cannot move him out then. There are some channel client permissions which appear in permissions overview. I think I will reset everything like you told me before. It will be better to start with good stable bases.

Client-Channel permissions are the most powerfull ones and will always overwrite group-, channel- and client permissions.

Thank you for your help. I have reseted permissions system usgin permreset and did a full configuration of permissions again. It works fine now.

Thanks!

Thread Information