Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Teamspeak continuously crashes after 10-15 seconds of operation.

I have my own teamspeak 3 server. Doesnt matter if I connect with my HTC one M9 or my LG G3, the android app crashes after very little operation. I've tried on wifi, i've tried through solid 4g connections and i'm kind of running out of options. I want to be able to admin my teamspeak on the go, but right now i have to remote access my computer from my phone because the app is bugging out so badly.

Any ideas? I'm not sure where to even start with this one.

Things i've tried: Re-installing, Clearing Cache, Clearing Data, Instantly giving the client admin permissions, leaving it as guest, Muting on arrival, changing channels quickly on arrival.

If there's any log I can give, or something I can do to help you guys help me, let me know

Thanks in advance for all your valuable insight!

Edit
    What is your current client version? (Can be found under the changelog)
    Edit

Both devices do crash? Strange, when i read reports like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jomant View Post
    HTC ONE M7, M8 and M9 works like a champ.
    Do both run same apps like appcleaner or something like that?
    Does it happen on other servers too?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Have you tried to change the playback mode or frequency under Settings (tool icon) -> Audio Settings?
    Also try 44 Khz instead of 48 Khz. There is a known bug for this version.

About logging:
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    It's the last menu item in the settings.
    This generates a logfile on your Device and it shuld be stored under Device/storage/TS3/logs or something like that.
    Maybe this log file helps us.
    Last edited by dante696; April 29th, 2015 at 08:18 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Do u got a custom Rom on your device if yes which one? All my devices are S-off and rooted. I hot-flashed 4 different Roms onto the M9 and noticed that Revolution HD runs like [email protected]#$# for TS client. Crashes constantly. That however is not the clients fault other Rom's 5.0+ run like a bomb.

Ok, my app seems to be stable at the moment. I'm going to be testing to see if theres a bug I can reproduce. But let me answer your questions first and then i'll explain what I did.

Quote Originally Posted by dante969
    What is your current client version? (Can be found under the changelog)
    Current Client Version - 3.0.18.1 - 23 April 2015

Do both run same apps like appcleaner or something like that?
    No. Neither of them run apps like these.

Does it happen on other servers too?
    I'm not sure! That's a great question, I've never bother to check any server except for mine.
    After going into the public teamspeak server, it doesnt crash immediately. Which is a good sign. After a little bit of investigation I think it has something to do with the mobile version not handling higher bandwidth codecs correctly.

Also try 44 Khz instead of 48 Khz. There is a known bug for this version.
    Settings are currently at the following: Playback=Voice call, Record=Default, Playback Freq.=44100, Recording Freq.=88200. Assuming you meant there was a bug with the 88200 version, I switched to 44100 recording freq.

Quote Originally Posted by Jormant
    Do you have a custom ROM on your device?
    No, these are running not running custom ROMS and they are not rooted.

--

Now for my 'hopefully' enlightening experience. Before I did anything mentioned above, I did a control test to make sure i was still crashing. As before, crashed on connect. No scrolling, even slowed my phone(HTC M9) down to the point of the software buttons lagging both on WiFi and LTE Mobile Network.

I proceeded to check the client version, and then i misunderstood your 44khz and 88khz information to have something to do with the channel codec. So I and changed the default channel codec from opus voice at max settings to the mobile voice default one. I was able to log in and stay logged in with these settings. Then, I understood that what you said had nothing to do with the codecs, it had to do with the audio settings, so I changed the recording frequency to 44100. I disconnected from WiFi and tried to connect. Now, it was giving me a "TSDNS error: could not resolve hostname". So I had to find the actual server IP, and used that. It connected me, and seems to be working fine.

I find this whole experience very odd.. Why it works, is beyond me. But it does now. I'm going to try to see if it was really just my codec. I'll try to replicate the crash on my LG G3.

Just as a final update. I was not able to replicate the crash on my LG G3 after i switched my server setting codec. So, that means it was definitely something server side that was causing my android clients to crash.

If you've exhausted all other avenues and can't figure out why your android client is crashing. Try messing around with the default channel's codecs in your server.

Thread Information