Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Modifying the "Regular group" inheritance permissions or setting up group inheritance

We have a lot of different variants of our "Normal" and "Moderator" rank, but when we change one permission on one group we have to do the same on all the rest of them.

I'm trying to remake all the groups to be based on templates. But, I cannot figure out how to edit the template.

If I am correct, I am wanting to edit the "Regular group" template and add a "Moderator group" template. That way I can just make the ranks based on those two group types and not have to give every single permission.

I'm referring to the "Regular group" type here:
    Name:  Add_Server_Group_2015-05-14_13-48-39.png
Views: 206
Size:  4.7 KB

I'm basically trying to have ranks inherit properties of another rank, how can I do this?

This must be done in the ServerQuery with the command servergroupautoaddperm.
    Code:
    + addded servergroupautodelperm and servergroupautoaddperm bound to b_permission_modify_power_ignore (check docu for details)
    This adds the same permission to the template and all other groups with the same sgtype.

Examples (in case the i_group_auto_update_type for your Groups is set to 30)
    Code:
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=30 permsid=i_client_needed_talk_power permvalue=80 permnegated=1 permskip=1
    servergroupautoaddperm sgtype=30 permsid=i_icon_id permvalue=100 permnegated=0 permskip=1|permsid=i_client_needed_talk_power permvalue=8 permnegated=0 permskip=1
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information