Forum

Make bookmark default channel check name first for match, THEN check channel ID.

Sometimes when my server gets relocated/updated/maintenance applied etc my channel and client database ID's change, which then makes everyone's default channels in their bookmarks useless. It appears that as soon as you first connect after manually typing a full channel structure into the default box (or of course if you press the button that sets your current channel) it saves a copy of the database ID and tends to only ever use the ID even though the name structure is saved.

This standard behaviour has the benefit that if someone changes the channel name then your bookmark lets you still get to the right channel.

Recommendation:

Change the behaviour so that when you connect it checks for the name of the channel first so that if the database ID's have changed you will still get a connection to the correct channel upon connecting to the server. Also if your database ID's have not changed (which is typical) then you still get a connection into the right channel because even if the channel name(s) do not match, the bookmark would then check the channel ID and connect you to the right channel and then update the name of the channel in the bookmark to reflect the updated name for that channel ID.

I think this behavior could be improved after my short retests.

I wrote it down for evaluation tests (next week). i need to research why we did not make it so as you want.
    I will post the result then.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

I did a research for this and found a ticket from Jul 2012.
    It's marked as won't fix. We already did discuss about and this would also needa server fix for this problem.

I was interested into this *problem* but decisions are decisions.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Well thank you for looking into it. However I do feel that many things that could and should get fixed just never do. Quite depressing. This issue is something that the entire server complains about because people rely on their bookmarks to get to their particular channel and when their default channels in their bookmarks magically all fail it is my fault, I must have done something?! So then I have to put up messages telling people to do it all over again, find their channel, join their channel and set their bookmarks up all over again. It would be much easier to have this problem resolved. But I guess it will just be another thing that is a "feature" and not a problem ;(

Thread Information