Forum

Lost All Permissions

Hello!
    Before you give me the same stuff you give everyone else, allow me to explain.

I was messing around with my TS3 groups and stuff and at one point my Server Admin group started acting out and not allowing me to do stuff. So, I made a copy of it and deleted it. Bad idea.

Now I can't set myself back as a Server Admin and for some reason had deleted the Server Query password. Then I tried to change it with the serveradmin_password=x launch parameter and with the launch config, didn't work. I log into Putty with the new set password and it doesn't show an error, but as soon as I try any commands it says error code 2568. I'm basically logged out of my own server, which is running on my own PC.

I've put quite a lot of effort into the server and all the groups and everything, so resetting it would be a last-option.
    Thanks for helping!

Update: Tried to change the serveradmin password with an SQL editor, didn't work.
    Last edited by reseasable; June 25th, 2015 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by reseasable View Post
    Hello!
    Before you give me the same stuff you give everyone else, allow me to explain.

I was messing around with my TS3 groups and stuff and at one point my Server Admin group started acting out and not allowing me to do stuff. So, I made a copy of it and deleted it. Bad idea.

Now I can't set myself back as a Server Admin and for some reason had deleted the Server Query password. Then I tried to change it with the serveradmin_password=x launch parameter and with the launch config, didn't work. I log into Putty with the new set password and it doesn't show an error, but as soon as I try any commands it says error code 2568. I'm basically logged out of my own server, which is running on my own PC.

I've put quite a lot of effort into the server and all the groups and everything, so resetting it would be a last-option.
    Thanks for helping!

Update: Tried to change the serveradmin password with an SQL editor, didn't work.

In the past, we would simply set ourselves to Query admins and reverse the issue from there, however your first and crucial mistake was deleting the Admin use group, which has a few permissions that are meant to be unique to that user group and for good reasons.

From how you explained it, unless someone comes up with a better idea, I suggest accepting the loss, making a new tS Server (If a company is hosting it, ask them to reset it) and learn from your mistakes.

Thread Information