Forum

Getting ts3 to launch behind domain controller

Ok, I am not normally bad at getting things to run with TS3, but I'm having a hell of a time with this.

I recently added a Domain controller to my network. In the process I have lost the ability to connect to my ts3 server INTERNALLY and EXTERNALLY. Normally, I'm able to to log into both.

I had to set up the domain controller so it was easier to manage security stuff on my kids' computers.

But I for the life of me cannnot figure out how to get the TS server out of my network.

I've tried port-forwarding on my router\switch. But that's done nothing so far.

If any other info you need, I'll be glad to give it. Please help someone who's tearing his hair out!

Also, to add more information, I have port forwarding done on my router.

But do I need to do some port forwarding on the domain controller too?

Domain controller is also handling DHCP.

Please, this is driving me nuts, and I don't know if there is something I am missing. It was all working fine before I set up the Domain Controller

If you join a Windows machine to a domain, the firewall profile on that machine changes to the "domain" profile. You have to re-open the TS3 ports on that profile. A few other settings on that machine are reconfigured as well, according to the default domain policy settings. Some security settings are hardened in comparison to a standalone machine.

See, that's what I thought. So I went and DID change those, and it's STILL not allowing the server out.

Would putting the teamspeak server on the DOMAIN Controller machine make it a bit easier? Or should I try to put a machine OUTSIDE of the domain?

Ok, here's some more information:

Domain Controller is running Windows Server 2012 Standard and is running Active Directory, DHCP, and DNS.

Router is a Dlink Dir 655. DHCP was shut off.

Router internal lan is 192.168.0.1, and domain controller is 192.168.0.2

Computer hosting is Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate.

I use No-Ip for dynamic DNS. This has always worked before. did not change anything.

Internal IP for ts3 server pc is 192.168.0.199 Could this be wrong? Considering that domain controller is 0.2 and doing dhcp, this seems wrong for me. But I could be wrong.

I can connect locally. I was wrong in previous posts cause i was looking at it wrong. I have a feeling I'm overthinking and looking over something very little, but cannot for the life of me think of what I'm missing.

Port forwarding on the router will be a bit difficult now won't it because it's not dealing with assigning Ips. Or CAN it port forward to the machines that are being served by the domain controller?

Ok so checked the ports, and 10011 and 30033 are getting out JUST FINE.

But no UDP ports that I set are getting out. I've tried shutting down the firewalls on the router, and on the domain controller, and on the pc the ts is running.

I'm STILL not getting a connection outside of my network.

Before I set up this domain controller, I could connect externally from the same pc using my no-ip url. Now I can't even connect inputting my external address.

I am completely stumped. But maybe this extra info can get me some help.

Quote Originally Posted by smerrillscustompc View Post
    Internal IP for ts3 server pc is 192.168.0.199 Could this be wrong? Considering that domain controller is 0.2 and doing dhcp, this seems wrong for me. But I could be wrong.
    You are wrong. Assuming standard for class C network /24 prefix, they all are in the same network.

I can connect locally. I was wrong in previous posts cause i was looking at it wrong. I have a feeling I'm overthinking and looking over something very little, but cannot for the life of me think of what I'm missing.

Port forwarding on the router will be a bit difficult now won't it because it's not dealing with assigning Ips. Or CAN it port forward to the machines that are being served by the domain controller?
    Port forwarding has nothing to do with IP assignment. At all.
    The problem is likely the way you set up firewall exclusion rules on server. Windows distinguish LAN and "outside" connections.

I found the problem. There was a setting in the Domain Controller that was blocking all udp requests. Everything is working as it should now.

God, this setting was burried. I had to wade through like 7 different settings to find it.

Thread Information