Forum

Identity and how it affects other users

I have a question about how identity works.

Let's say I mute a user (Right click -> Edit in Contacts -> Ignore -> Mute + Ignore Private Chat, etc) named Bob who has his identity profile as '1'. If he makes a new identity profile and names it '2', is he now unmuted for me when he joins the Teamspeak server? What if his username is still 'Bob'? Does changing username affect whether you are muted or not? If you are banned from a server, does changing identities unban that user? What if the user is IP banned, goes onto a different IP, then attempts to join with the same Identity profile and username? If I create a new identity, do all of my 'Friends' go away as long as I am under that new identity?

What were identities implemented for? This is all very new to me.

Thanks for your time.

All settings in your client/server are stored for just the identity , not the nickname or the person behind that identity.
    IP ban is an IP ban and not related to an identity.

They were build in that permissions (also groups), buddys can be idnetified somehow without having an account with password registred somewhere.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    All settings in your client/server are stored for just the identity , not the nickname or the person behind that identity.
    IP ban is an IP ban and not related to an identity.

They were build in that permissions (also groups), buddys can be idnetified somehow without having an account with password registred somewhere.
    So if I mute a user through the technique shown above, and then they disconnect, and join with a brand new Identity, they would no longer be muted? I'd be able to see their chats, be poked, and so on?

Exactly. All of your settings and chats for that user are inactive till he does use his old identity again.

Please do not open new threads with same topic. All new posts and threads are moderated by default.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information