Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Please add an "i_client_can_see_avatars" permission

As I explained in this thread:

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...oading-avatars

I want to be able to restrict guests from seeing avatars when they join the server. I know I could remove their subscribe power to channels, but I want people to actually see that I have a populated TeamSpeak server.

As I imagine this would be a checkbox, the 'negate' field would allow me to specify a group of users who are not privileged to see avatars.

That's something we don't want.

I don't see the use of that permission. Even your other members could see avatars and make whatever you think with these.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

i suggest @PatPeter could just revoke the i_client_max_avatar_filesize permission to all group. so client cant set avatar and nobody cant see any avatar(because there isnt any)..and your server didnt take as much avatar files stored.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    That's something we don't want.

I don't see the use of that permission. Even your other members could see avatars and make whatever you think with these.
    And they do! One of our members actually photoshopped me and another member into a funny image together, and we all found it funny, so much so that it has been immortalized. However, we don't want guests to our server coming in and then doing the same thing except for the purposes of misrepresenting our character.

At the very least, there should be a way to stop guests from seeing avatars.

Quote Originally Posted by PatPeter
    ... but I want people to actually see that I have a populated TeamSpeak server.
    Use a TS-Viewer for this.

Quote Originally Posted by PatPeter
    At the very least, there should be a way to stop guests from seeing avatars.
    Make your guests add every player on the server to their contact list and let them check "block avatar" (or how its called in the english version).

Me dont see a need for this perm too, you know what its said: if you dont want pictures to be seen or used in the internet - dont upload them.

Adding an extra permission is always a bad idea as the current permission system already has waaaaaaay to many options and is very confusing. But I actually like the idea of preventing some clients from seeing specific data. In case of an avatar, this might also eliminate issues with people "trolling" the server admins by uploading adult content or copyright infringing material.

Anyway... I think this is worth thinking about but it should be combined with some other stuff to keep a potential new permission more generic.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    this might also eliminate issues with people "trolling" the server admins by uploading adult content or copyright infringing material.
    You can already prevent people from being able to set avatars.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information