Forum

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hawk19,
    I appreciate the offer. But it does not sound like the right solution that we pay money to a translation company and then our community fixes the issues. If there are just a few sentences, we can give them feedback and have them fix it. If it's overall bad (not saying it is, I do not know), then there needs to be another solution.
    Anyways, I think the most helpful thing you can do now is to update your own existing french translation.

Elkano,
    Regarding the submitted data, while it would have been nice to mention the automatic "forced" opt-in for beta users
    Yes, my mistake for not mentioning it in my text. The changelog below has it, but I agree I should have noted that above. Sorry for that.

I agree that the data can be considered harmless, especially if it can't be associated to a specific user via additional meta data.
    We have an own server which accepts this data. Of course this server sees the IP the data is sent from, but that IP is not stored together with the data entry. However, there is some protection in place to avoid the same IP flooding the server, but that's separate from the data itself.
    So yes, we could store and associate meta-data if we wanted to. But we don't want to. I don't really see any benefit in that anyways. We are not in the big-data business. We are interested in general hardware and operating system statistics to improve our product and to base some future decisions on it, e.g. dropping Windows XP support or not. I'd love to drop it because then we could enable more compiler optimisations, but as we simply don't know how many XP users are out there, we cannot do any reasonable decision on that.
    Yes, I am aware this could annoy some people, that's why we made it opt-in (yeah, not in the beta...) and I try to communicate it pretty openly explaining why and what for we need this.

TTS crash: it seems to only crash in the 64 bit client, I cannot reproduce it in the 32 bit version. Looking into this currently. So if you absolutely want TTS, use the 32 bit client. Otherwise, use the default soundpack for now.
    Thanks for pointing that out, this crash slipped through our testing.

EDIT: Found & fixed
    Last edited by PeterS; July 24th, 2015 at 10:10 AM.

Mine is crashing on trying to connect to a server as well. It seems as though when it tries to play the sound - I am using Text to speech, it crashes. This is from my log, not sure if it's helpful

24/07/2015 09:36:02 Windows Audio Session Devel DeviceDeleteList::waitForDeletes - enter
    24/07/2015 09:36:02 Windows Audio Session Devel DeviceDeleteList::waitForDeletes - leave
    24/07/2015 09:36:02 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS::openDevice-enter
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS Buffer size: 960
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS::openDevice-leave
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS::startDevice-enter
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS::startDevice-leave
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 Windows Audio Session Devel DeviceDeleteList::waitForDeletes - enter
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 Windows Audio Session Devel DeviceDeleteList::waitForDeletes - leave
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS::openDevice-enter
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS::openDevice-leave
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 PreProSpeex Info Speex version: speex-1.2beta3
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS::startDevice-enter
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS::startDevice-leave
    24/07/2015 09:36:03 Windows Audio Session Debug WAS::associateAECDevice-enter

I tried 3 times in total. 2nd attempt I deactivated all my plugins, but had the same issue. 3rd attempt I changed sound to default sound pack and it connected without issue. Appears as though this is directly related to the default text to speech sound pack.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    • The TeamSpeak client now sends some statistics about your operating system and hardware to us. This is an opt-in feature, you will be asked before anything is sent.
      The reason for this is, we really need some fundamental data to be able to make future decisions, for example whether we need support for certain operating systems. Right now we have no idea how many people are still running TeamSpeak on no longer supported systems like XP or OS X 10.6. The data is sent anonymously and cannot be traced back to you.
      The exact data is shown in the client log when it is sent, for those who are interested in the details. It includes information about the CPU supporting 32 or 64 bit, supported hardware features of the CPU (e.g. SSE2), operating system, version number and 32/64 bit type of operating system and the version of the current TeamSpeak client. We do not scan for installed software. This report would be sent once per month, unless you cancel your opt-in again. We would be very happy if many users decide to opt-in, as this data will be helpful for us.
      We do value privacy a lot, and we are of the opinion this is one of the big selling points of TeamSpeak, but we think the collected data is rather harmless regarding privacy concerns.
    • For legal reasons you now need to accept a TeamSpeak client license agreement the first time you start the client, and again in case of a change to the license agreement. You should know this from other software and games, so hopefully this is not a big deal.
    • We overhauled the newsticker, it's now multilingual and can be updated faster. The beta news are separate from the news shown in 3.0.16. We will be experimenting with this during the beta, so please don't wonder if you see some testing news during the next week. :-)
      This is not meant as a Twitter replacement, but occasionally we want to share something with every user.
    • Finally, and this has been the biggest change for us (but invisible to you), we completely overhauled our build system. We also upgraded our compilers and our entire backend to have a future-proof foundation for the next years, especially as we are already using C++11 language features in our new code. I understand that's boring to most of you, but for us it has been a vast quality of life improvement. This upgrade is the reason why there has not been a release for quite some time. We hope to get back to a more regular update frequency again now that we are set.

Code:
    === Client Release 3.0.17 22 Jul 2015
    + Collect and send anonymous statistics about users hardware and operating
      system to us for internal decisions (which hardware and OS version needs to
      be supported etc.). Disabled by default, user will be asked by a dialog the
      first time, to agree to send the data. Decision can be changed later in
      Options/Application/Anonymous Statistics. What exactly is being sent is
      displayed in the client log. If agreed, data is sent once per month. Users on
      beta channel always send the data.
    + Added multilingual newsticker with support for dynamic update periods.
    a little bit suggestion and question:
    about the anonymous statistic,
    why dont you send everytime the app start?it can be identified to hardware id like mac address.it cant be traced(http://superuser.com/questions/54844...e-traced).well, maybe you will keep so much duplicate data on your server.but if you send one a month, if on the specified date to send the client didnt start teamspeak, how do you get that data?maybe on daily basis is more preferable..or maybe you set the date, if not reported yet after that date, the statistic sent automatically on app start?

about the data sent on anonymous statistic,
    i see you send CPU architecture(32 or 64), OS type(win/linux/mac), OS version, OS architecture, and TS3 version.
    well, from OS architecture, you can determine the CPU architecture..no need to send the CPU architecture data. maybe the CPU make name like AMD/Intel/ARM or anything else.

license agreement on the first time starting the client, agreed, but i think you already added that one in the client installer and yet nobody read that.and showed again when the agreement changed, i agree to that.maybe you need to add the server license info identification too to teach user(s) to identify illegally licensed server(yeah, there is so many out there like "no license with 512 slots").

newsticker, now this is interesting..if you can add custom field on the virtual server edit for custom newsticker message after the official(TeamSpeak's) one it would be great!

compiler and backend update,or maybe more like "programming language" for the TeamSpeak(i dont know if it only the client or the server too), is great!is there any requirement on the system?stability test?memory leak?
    i understand how long it must be for you guys to migrate the programming language used for TeamSpeak, and i expect the best from you guys.

and more suggestion,
    - for the server list, please make the database updated more often.maybe i already posted on the forum or ticket, use maxmind's database.they update more often.
    - maybe detachable client?so you can detach the client list and move it to another side of the screen.not only inside the client window
    - log filter?the chatbox one.not the one in tool menu.

anyway, you guys did great!

Quote Originally Posted by Extronic View Post
    Appears as though this is directly related to the default text to speech sound pack.
    As Peter mentioned we've found and fixed the issue, so it should be fixed in the next beta /stable release, until then simply use the default sound pack.

Quote Originally Posted by El_makong View Post
    why dont you send everytime the app start?
    That would be a lot of data, plus it's highly unlikely that the kind of data we are interested in / collect change frequently.

but if you send one a month, if on the specified date to send the client didnt start teamspeak, how do you get that data?maybe on daily basis is more preferable..or maybe you set the date, if not reported yet after that date, the statistic sent automatically on app start?
    Yes, if the statistics haven't been sent but sending is due, a report will be sent.

i see you send CPU architecture(32 or 64), OS type(win/linux/mac), OS version, OS architecture, and TS3 version.
    well, from OS architecture, you can determine the CPU architecture..no need to send the CPU architecture data. maybe the CPU make name like AMD/Intel/ARM or anything else.
    No, you can't really. It is perfectly valid for example to install a 32bit operating system while using a 64bit CPU. (Personally I don't know why anyone would ever want to do that but the possibility is there).

newsticker, now this is interesting..if you can add custom field on the virtual server edit for custom newsticker message after the official(TeamSpeak's) one it would be great!
    No, the newsticker is and will stay for our own news. It won't be something that server owners will be able to change or utilize.

and more suggestion,
    - for the server list, please make the database updated more often.maybe i already posted on the forum or ticket, use maxmind's database.they update more often.
    - maybe detachable client?so you can detach the client list and move it to another side of the screen.not only inside the client window
    - log filter?the chatbox one.not the one in tool menu.

anyway, you guys did great!
    Please keep this on topic
    Last edited by Chris; July 24th, 2015 at 11:05 AM.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Hawk19,
    I appreciate the offer. But it does not sound like the right solution that we pay money to a translation company and then our community fixes the issues. If there are just a few sentences, we can give them feedback and have them fix it. If it's overall bad (not saying it is, I do not know), then there needs to be another solution.
    Anyways, I think the most helpful thing you can do now is to update your own existing french translation.

Elkano,

Yes, my mistake for not mentioning it in my text. The changelog below has it, but I agree I should have noted that above. Sorry for that.

We have an own server which accepts this data. Of course this server sees the IP the data is sent from, but that IP is not stored together with the data entry. However, there is some protection in place to avoid the same IP flooding the server, but that's separate from the data itself.
    So yes, we could store and associate meta-data if we wanted to. But we don't want to. I don't really see any benefit in that anyways. We are not in the big-data business. We are interested in general hardware and operating system statistics to improve our product and to base some future decisions on it, e.g. dropping Windows XP support or not. I'd love to drop it because then we could enable more compiler optimisations, but as we simply don't know how many XP users are out there, we cannot do any reasonable decision on that.
    Yes, I am aware this could annoy some people, that's why we made it opt-in (yeah, not in the beta...) and I try to communicate it pretty openly explaining why and what for we need this.

TTS crash: it seems to only crash in the 64 bit client, I cannot reproduce it in the 32 bit version. Looking into this currently. So if you absolutely want TTS, use the 32 bit client. Otherwise, use the default soundpack for now.
    Thanks for pointing that out, this crash slipped through our testing.

EDIT: Found & fixed
    Thank you for your answer.

I understand, listen, I'll try to give you examples, that you see the mistakes.
    All is not bad, but much is not consistent.

I am willing to update my translation, can you send me my files up to date for 3.0.17? (Chris have a link to download it)
    Besides, who can update my subject in the "Addon / Translation"

Thank You.

Beta-2 with a fix for the TTS crash on Windows 64-bit client is on its way, should be available in ~30 minutes. No other changes.

EDIT: Beta-2 is live

Hawk19,

I'm sorry, but the translation company you pay is a translation with google translation. For syntax errors are enormous. It stings the eyes. There are not one or two incorrect translations, but the set of all translations is incorrect. The only advice I can give is not to leave your French version software without the company retraduise correctly Teamspeak 3. Or, to use the version of Hawx19 is correct.

Edit: Translation error Example: In the description of this permission (b_virtualserver_delete_long) they say it will stop a virtual server. While it's not true, that permission to delete a virtual server. Now put yourself in the place of a French administrator use permission believes stopped his virtual server when in reality it removes, which is serious!
    Last edited by Ezmana; July 24th, 2015 at 11:29 PM. Reason: Translation error Example

... and working! Thanks for the quick fix. :thumbsup:
    Last edited by Elkano; July 24th, 2015 at 05:58 PM.

I can confirm that the crash issue when connecting has been fixed.

As for the translations, it does not make sense to me to keep updating it since you will be officially supporting it. You could have probably implemented a different system where the translations would be community supported, which would have ended up cheaper and more reliable.

Anyway, what is done is done, so im going to list here the things that i saw so far that are clearly wrong:

English - Current translation - Better translation - (comment)
    Design - Projeto - Aparência - (translated out of context)
    Capture - Capturar - Captura - (Reprodução/Reproduzir - Captura/Capturar)
    Status - Status - Estado - (there is a Portuguese word for it)
    Downloads - Downloads - Transferências- (same as above)
    Chat - Chat - Conversação- (same as above)
    Self - Auto - Próprio - (informal Brazilian Portuguese)
    Poke - Cutucar - Toque - (same as above)
    Keep alive - Mantenha a ligação - Ligação - (translated out of context)
    Update channel - Atualizar canal - Canal de atualizações - (same as above)

Then, there is the problem with consistency. Some words and phrases are clearly following the recent Portuguese agreement, others are in European Portuguese (before agreement) and others in Brazilian Portuguese. Im not going to teach anyone how to do their job (especially since i have no education in that field), but i think it should be consistent.

My 2 cents

The Portuguese translation is PT-PT or PT-BR?

Quote Originally Posted by Xteam View Post
    The Portuguese translation is PT-PT or PT-BR?
    pt pt is portugal portuguese and pt br is brazilian portuguese.

You also forgot to change latest 3.0.17 commit version channel

Version:3.0.17 [Alpha] on Windows

About those translation issues... imho, instead of hiring a translation agency that doesn't know the product, TeamSpeak should provide a way to create community driven translations. For example, Transfix is a popular localization management platform where TeamSpeak users could work on this stuff and help make their favorite voice communication software a better product. Give it a try:

https://www.transifex.com

Regarding the other updates... good job!

My only suggestion is that the devs should consider doing a quick update to Qt 5.5 before the stable release of the 3.0.17 client as the latest Qt release provides better support for Windows 10 and fixes some minor UI issues with the final OS.

<personal note, not speaking as TeamSpeak employee>
    I am myself quite paranoid about privacy and data collection, but in my very humble opinion above is pretty harmless.
    </personal note>
    I am also. Hence why I got so upset. I am glad that's all it is. I also had a feeling it was on only for beta but couldn't find where it said that in the first post. Thanks for the info.

I can also confirm the new update this morning fixed the tts crashes. Good job as usual.

I translate ts3 (in italian) since 2010 and the new translation is a little bit ridiculous.
    How can you translate "ms" (milliseconds) with "m"? It is an international annotation...
    (channel) commander now is "capo" (boss) and not "comandante", lol.

+1 for transifex, however the next week I'll publish an error list since that during this weekend I'll not be at home.
    Last edited by Kaosvf; July 24th, 2015 at 07:10 PM.

Thread Information