Forum

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    About those translation issues... imho, instead of hiring a translation agency that doesn't know the product, TeamSpeak should provide a way to create community driven translations. For example, Transfix is a popular localization management platform where TeamSpeak users could work on this stuff and help make their favorite voice communication software a better product. Give it a try:

https://www.transifex.com

Regarding the other updates... good job!

My only suggestion is that the devs should consider doing a quick update to Qt 5.5 before the stable release of the 3.0.17 client as the latest Qt release provides better support for Windows 10 and fixes some minor UI issues with the final OS.
    But what about newest Opus codec optimized for ARM's?

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    My only suggestion is that the devs should consider doing a quick update to Qt 5.5 before the stable release of the 3.0.17 client as the latest Qt release provides better support for Windows 10 and fixes some minor UI issues with the final OS.
    Qt upgrade is getting a bit narrow now, I'd prefer to postpone that for one release later, which could happen somewhen after gamescom. In my experience upgrading Qt shortly before a release is potentially dangerous, we had that in the past.

Anyways, all your comments about the translations are noted and very helpful. We are currently discussing this internally. Delaying the release until everything is perfectly translated does not sound like a good idea to me. We do need a solution sooner or later (hopefully sooner), but again the timeframe is a bit narrow at the moment as I don't think this is going to be solved within a week.
    However, your honest feedback is very much appreciated and considered.

About transifex, didn't know that. I had a look at it but hard to judge just from the webpage. Again something we need to discuss internally.

Are you guys using Visual Studio 2013 or 2015 now?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    We do need a solution sooner or later (hopefully sooner), but again the timeframe is a bit narrow at the moment as I don't think this is going to be solved within a week.
    But maybe you should remove the new translations for the final release, if they are so bad.

I'm french native and the french translation sounds very wrong. A lot of sentence with no sense at all.

I can correct if u want!

Anyways, all your comments about the translations are noted and very helpful. We are currently discussing this internally. Delaying the release until everything is perfectly translated does not sound like a good idea to me. We do need a solution sooner or later (hopefully sooner), but again the timeframe is a bit narrow at the moment as I don't think this is going to be solved within a week.
    However, your honest feedback is very much appreciated and considered.
    But what if 3.0.17 is mostly Language Update, and most of your languages are failed (based on forum feedback), why not postpone update? Just release 3.0.16.1 with common fixes and updates without language pack until we (community) can help you guys to translate it properly.
    Thank you for all of you done.

Beta-3 with minor fixes is out, one of them for a crash when starting the client while offline (this probably does not happen very often, but still, crash is crash).

Are you guys using Visual Studio 2013 or 2015 now?
    MSVC 2013. 2015 is a bit too fresh, in my experience with past releases it is no bad idea to wait for one or two updates.

maybe you should remove the new translations for the final release
    why not postpone update?
    We will see, that's a bit too big to decide on my own now. Internal debate is still ongoing. We do take your comments seriously.

Symbols messed up

Hello. I installed windows 10 this morning and since I've done it that all the cool symbols in teamspeak appear like this:

http://prntscr.com/7ymoeg

before it was like this:

http://prntscr.com/7ymlco

Will this update solve this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ravanelli View Post
    Hello. I installed windows 10 this morning and since I've done it that all the cool symbols in teamspeak appear like this
    I think no. This seems to be a Qt issue which should hopefully be resolved when we upgraded to Qt 5.5, which includes improved Windows 10 compatibility.
    I tried some special Unicode characters with the Beta client on Windows 10 and they appeared correct, but I would not bet it works for every Unicode character out there.

Apart from that, Beta-4 is out with only two minor fixes, one of them fixing the incorrect display of the beta client as "Alpha", as was noted in a previous post here.

With that, I'm off to Cologne tomorrow for Gamescom, so no more beta upgrades for now, and I probably won't check in here as frequently. If any of you should be on Gamescom, please drop by at our booth for a chat. :-) Location of booth is: Halle 10.1, Stand B060

Hello. I installed windows 10 this morning and since I've done it that all the cool symbols in teamspeak appear like this:

before it was like this:

Thanks
    I am 80% sure this is font-related problem.
    I was having same issue long time ago on Windows XP (lite edition ~100MB installed), while everything shows fine on Windows 7

Temp Fix

before it was like this:

Thanks
    Greetings
    I had those squares (Unicode error) on my TeamSpeak3 server and your's as well
    Then i change the non-Unicode Language and the problem as be fixed
    Name:  KaxagkP.png
Views: 832
Size:  308.7 KB

But pretty easy to fix

on windows 10

Control Panel--->Clock, Language, and Region--->Region--->Administrative--->Language for non-Unicode Programs
    Press Change System Locale and change to Japanese (Japan)

Restart your computer and voilá
    You can change back to the original and your windows will still able to read the symbols
    Last edited by i7even; July 31st, 2015 at 04:37 PM.

Great, so I have to set something specifically on Japanese to get it to do what it should be doing by default?? I'll take the crappy boxes over setting any of my languages to anything other than English UK.

About transifex, didn't know that. I had a look at it but hard to judge just from the webpage. Again something we need to discuss internally.
    Just to give you another option for translation which Open Broadcaster Software has had great experience with.

https://crowdin.com/

You can see OBS's translation here https://crowdin.com/project/obsproject

I do English to Danish for OBS and Crowdin works perfectly and is easy to use.

I will just give a quick feedback. New icons look much better than the previous update. Thank you. If I get time to look at more and find anything worth mentioning I will.

Been so long since last update I was about to start making long distance calls to the hospitals and police stations over there to figure out what had happened.

Hi from Cologne,

beta-5 is on its way, this is the final version for stable release.

As mentioned last week, we had an in-depth discussion about the translations and came to the conclusion to listen to our community. So the translations were removed for this release. We really want to bring the new crashdump and statistics systems online and release the client before Gamescom, so decided the translations should not stop us from reaching this goal.

Note: If you update beta-4 to beta-5, the translation files will still be present. But updating from last 3.0.16 stable will not include the files anymore. So either un- & reinstall TeamSpeak or delete the files in translations folder before updating.
    Sorry for that inconvinience, but I assume that risk is in general accepted when using a beta software.

How translations will be handled in the future is not yet decided, we will keep you guys updated. There have been some good suggestions in this thread which we will look at, together with some other possibilities.
    Our goal still is to offer TeamSpeak with more preinstalled languages, to offer a better experience to non-English/German users who may not be aware that translations exist and where to get them.

Qt 5.5 update is scheduled for 3.0.18 release somewhen after Gamescom. We will continue to monitor Windows 10 and Qt compatibility and hopefully have a solution ready later in August or early September. A Qt update shortly before release is problematic, so we decided against doing this mistake again. But the issues so far seem minor and mostly visual, so I would not call that a showstopper.

Thanks for all your feedback, much appreciated.

This week is gamescom, so we will be somewhat unavailable in the forum.
    if anyone of you is going to Gamescom, we would be happy to say Hi at our booth.

Thread Information