Forum

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I think moving that where to get them to the client itself via an extension manager for all that, including plugins, will be the most efficient and it might also bypass some issues that cause the plugin site update going nowhere.

While I'll arrive too late on wednesday, I'll be hanging around quite a lot courtesy of having been invited to GC by Overwolf
    Also if another plugin dev would like to chat a little, I'll be idling at the booth probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    While I'll arrive too late on wednesday, I'll be hanging around quite a lot courtesy of having been invited to GC by Overwolf
    Also if another plugin dev would like to chat a little, I'll be idling at the booth probably.
    Looking forward to meet you mate!

If you don't want to upgrade to Qt 5.5 yet, I can totally understand that, but I think you should at least include 5.4.2, because it finally fixes the bug on Linux where the tray icon won't be visible, and that's a pretty bad one.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterS View Post
    Hi from Cologne,

beta-5 is on its way, this is the final version for stable release.

As mentioned last week, we had an in-depth discussion about the translations and came to the conclusion to listen to our community. So the translations were removed for this release. We really want to bring the new crashdump and statistics systems online and release the client before Gamescom, so decided the translations should not stop us from reaching this goal.

Note: If you update beta-4 to beta-5, the translation files will still be present. But updating from last 3.0.16 stable will not include the files anymore. So either un- & reinstall TeamSpeak or delete the files in translations folder before updating.
    Sorry for that inconvinience, but I assume that risk is in general accepted when using a beta software.

How translations will be handled in the future is not yet decided, we will keep you guys updated. There have been some good suggestions in this thread which we will look at, together with some other possibilities.
    Our goal still is to offer TeamSpeak with more preinstalled languages, to offer a better experience to non-English/German users who may not be aware that translations exist and where to get them.

Qt 5.5 update is scheduled for 3.0.18 release somewhen after Gamescom. We will continue to monitor Windows 10 and Qt compatibility and hopefully have a solution ready later in August or early September. A Qt update shortly before release is problematic, so we decided against doing this mistake again. But the issues so far seem minor and mostly visual, so I would not call that a showstopper.

Thanks for all your feedback, much appreciated.

This week is gamescom, so we will be somewhat unavailable in the forum.
    if anyone of you is going to Gamescom, we would be happy to say Hi at our booth.
    Thank you for this update, good to know.

Is there any way to disable the taskbar flash notification? It's very annoying to have that pop up and distracting, especially when using multiple monitors. I already see the chat message on my 2nd window, and hear the ping noise it makes. I don't see any way to turn it off.

I have a problem where, when I resume my PC from standby, the volume slider in the client is in a position that does not represent the loudness level. As in, TS is super low volume but the slider is actually in the middle of the bar. As soon as I click the slider once, the volume level jumps back up to the supposed loudness even if I only move it 0.1mm. This started with the .17 beta series

+ Added taskbar flashing on incoming chat message.
    While taskbar is hiding and I get a new message, the taskbar showing up. I see this a problem.

Just got disconnected from public test, not kicked, with a new (to me) error....
    Code:
    8/6/2015 12:25:14	SCHandler	Warning	Error from ChanClients: convert error	
    8/6/2015 12:25:14	SCHandler	Warning	Error while parsing packet: undefined error	
    8/6/2015 12:25:14	ClientUI	Info	Connect status: Disconnected	
    8/6/2015 12:25:14	ClientUI	Info	Disconnected from server, no autoreconnect: undefined error	
    8/6/2015 12:25:14	Bookmarks	Info	Disconnect, total time: 3444 - 112231

Hello,

+ Added taskbar flashing on incoming chat message.

[/code]
    I only registered to ask: how can I turn this off? fix it
    Last edited by Chris; August 10th, 2015 at 02:41 PM. Reason: language

Cant connect to local server after 3.0.17 update?

Hi, After updating to 3.0.17 it seems that i cannot connect to my local server when using a domain or external ip address anymore. I went back to 3.0.16 and both connect fine. I can however connect locally with localhost or 192. address. Is this behavior normal for this new build?

Why I don't have language patch?

About bad luck & communication

Hello,[*] The TeamSpeak client now sends some statistics about your operating system and hardware to us. This is an opt-in feature, you will be asked before anything is sent.
    The reason for this is, we really need some fundamental data to be able to make future decisions, for example whether we need support for certain operating systems. Right now we have no idea how many people are still running TeamSpeak on no longer supported systems like XP or OS X 10.6. The data is sent anonymously and cannot be traced back to you.
    The exact data is shown in the client log when it is sent, for those who are interested in the details. It includes information about the CPU supporting 32 or 64 bit, supported hardware features of the CPU (e.g. SSE2), operating system, version number and 32/64 bit type of operating system and the version of the current TeamSpeak client. We do not scan for installed software. This report would be sent once per month, unless you cancel your opt-in again. We would be very happy if many users decide to opt-in, as this data will be helpful for us.
    We do value privacy a lot, and we are of the opinion this is one of the big selling points of TeamSpeak, but we think the collected data is rather harmless regarding privacy concerns.[*] For legal reasons you now need to accept a TeamSpeak client license agreement the first time you start the client, and again in case of a change to the license agreement. You should know this from other software and games, so hopefully this is not a big deal.
    [/code]
    If you would've added this directly to the Term & Conditions I would've been able to hold myself back.
    But since I've had to accept it, (according to the T & C,which didn't include the possibility to opt-out), you can do what you want when I click on opt-out, since the T & C are already "deciding" that I've accepted this behaviour of the client.
    So I've uninstalled the new Client & installed back my backup, tried to contact you on [email protected], which refused e-mails, which was the point I've loosed some nerves about the sudden & non communicative change.
    You could spare this problems for me & others by simply adding the fact that one can opt-out to the T & C, plus that the mentioned IP isn't stored beside the other data.
    I can fully understand that you want to get some data about which compatibility you need to consider when you're compiling the client, but the communication failed here a little bit, showing this log probably only afterwards the T & C etc.

Quote Originally Posted by athemil View Post
    I only registered to ask: how can I turn this annoying option off? fix it
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaqa View Post
    Is there any way to disable the taskbar flash notification? It's very annoying to have that pop up and distracting, especially when using multiple monitors. I already see the chat message on my 2nd window, and hear the ping noise it makes. I don't see any way to turn it off.
    Settings -> Options -> Chat -> Indicate Incoming Chat -> untick all the chat types you don't want notifications for.

Quote Originally Posted by dziudziu View Post
    Why I don't have language patch?
    The additional languages have been removed.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information