Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hide a Channel or groups from users

Hello,

Is there any way to hide channels for normal users?

i found way how to hide users in some channels, like setting subscribe 75 etc... but how to prevent users from seeing sub channels?

No, afaik there is no channel hiding.

This is not possible.

It depends on your definition of hide. If you want to make the channel vanish from view then you cannot. However you can have nice formatting on your server using spacer channels and such and then have one of those nice designed spacer channels hide people inside, that way nobody knows what is going on, especially if you connect directly into that channel. Nobody would know you even signed on and nobody would expect anyone to be in that channel.

"Hide channels from normal users"
    Means that channel is not there if you are a normal user.
    And as a client you are a normal user.
    Last edited by dante696; June 26th, 2017 at 02:00 PM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Yes and I said that in my post didn't I. I only offered an alternative that might satisfy the desire for privacy given the fact that you cannot actually make a channel vanish. There is a private channel feature that is non-functional. It has been introduced for months without any purpose or usefulness. Perhaps this feature will provide some extra benefit to people who want something hidden. No way of telling since there is no info on what that mythical feature will actually do.

Help settign up Hidden Channels and Questions about them

Hello, was wondering if it was possible to create channel groups using [cspacer0] ~~Name~~ and allt her subchannels in that spacer only visible by certain people. ie)

UserA - Server Admin/Owner (Can see all, do all)
    UserB
    • ChannelAdmin of [cspacer0] ~~Group1~~ and [cspacer0] ~~Group2~~
    • Can only see people in ~~Group1~~ and ~~Group2~~
    • Can only create new channels in the channel groups of ~~Group1~~ and ~~Group2~~
    • ~~Group3~~ and its subchannels should be invisible to them, as well as any users in those groups

UserC
    • ChannelAdmin of [cspacer0] ~~Group1~~ and [cspacer0] ~~Group3~~
    • Can only see people in ~~Group1~~ and ~~Group3~~
    • Can only create new channels in the channel groups of ~~Group1~~ and ~~Group3~~
    • ~~Group2~~ and its subchannels should be invisible to them, as well as any users in those groups

UserD
    • ChannelAdmin of [cspacer0] ~~Group1~~ and [cspacer0] ~~Group2~~ and [cspacer0] ~~Group3~~
    • Can only see people in ~~Group1~~, ~~Group2~~ and ~~Group3~~
    • Can only create new channels in the channel groups of ~~Group1~~, ~~Group2~~ and ~~Group3~~

UserE
    • Member of [cspacer0] ~~Group1~~ and [cspacer0] ~~Group2~~
    • ~~Group3~~ and its subchannels should be invisible to them, as well as any users in those groups

UserE
    • Member of [cspacer0] ~~Group1~~ and [cspacer0] ~~Group2~~

UserF
    • Member of [cspacer0] ~~Group1~~ and [cspacer0] ~~Group2~~ and [cspacer0] ~~Group3~~
    • Can only see people in ~~Group1~~, ~~Group2~~ and ~~Group3~~

UserG
    • New User (group not assigned) Member of [cspacer0] ~~Group1~~
    • Can only see people in ~~Group1~~
    • ~~Group2~~ & ~~Group3~~ and its subchannels should be invisible to them, as well as any users in those groups

Now, hope that wasn't too confusing, late night and tired so may be all messed up in explaining what I want.

Another question I have is if someone moves from a channel in group1 to a channel in group3, would the server alert everyone to the change, even those that can not see group3 as its invisible to them?

Basially I'm creating a TS server for two guilds. Group1 is a general Lobby, Group2 is bag guy guild, group 3 is good guy. Group2 doesn't know that group 3 exists yet but I want to allow group3 to talk on TS without worrying about group2 finding out before its time. I also want it so group2 and group3 have no way of knowing who's in each group unless they have that right as they are member of both groups (double agent).

This possible? If so, could someone point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by dante696; April 20th, 2015 at 10:20 AM. Reason: merged

You can not hide channels, but you can hide members in channel and restrict the join power for others.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Hide a single Channel

Hey all,

I have a question. We a Gaming Community have our own TS3 Server but we have a problem, that other User really nag and just disturb us.

So i have a question. Is it possible to hida a complete channel and not just the Users in it ??
    Even if it is a plugin that we had to install we would take all kind of informations.

SO hope you can help me.

Thanks

Chris

(Sorry for my bad english i am from Germany)
    Last edited by dante696; August 21st, 2015 at 08:43 AM. Reason: merged

It's not possible to hide channels entirely, you can however hide the users in it using i_channel_needed_subscribe_power.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Hiding channels

Hello

Just a quick question, I know it is possible to Hide the people inside a channel by changing the subscribe permissions and such. But what I am wondering is it is possible to hide the channel completely unless you have permissions to see it?

By this I mean say you have 4 channels:

Home
    AFK
    Admin
    Games

So if you are an Admin you would be able to see the channels as shown above however if you where a guest or a normal user you would see the channels as shown below:

Home
    AFK
    Games

Is this possible? If so how do you go about doing it?

Kind Regards
    Last edited by dante696; August 21st, 2015 at 08:43 AM. Reason: merged

Not possible

Hide a complete Channel

Hey me and some of my frinds host a TS server for some weeks now.
    Now we would like to have a channel for us allone and no one else shoud see that the channel is existing.

So my question is, is there a way to hide a complete channel and not only the users in it ?

Thanks for your Help and sorry for my bad engish.

Krissi

That is not possible.

Only subscription, description settings are possible with TeamSpeak permissions.

Channel Hide

Hello,

I try to search solution to have a small teamspeak server for my visitor but i have not solution.

It is possible to make completely invisible channel (sub and view in channel tree) ?
    Last edited by dante696; March 5th, 2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: merged

Thread Information