Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

[PluginAPI] Get a list of identities

While coding a little plugin, i have asked myself, if it is possible to get a list of the available identities.
    I only have found functions for profiles and bookmarks, so from this point of view, there is no such function atm.

So please tell me, if there is an other way to get the identities than parsing the secrets-file in the config-directory.

No there isn't and you're not supposed to mess with identities in the first place.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I do not want to mess around with them, i only need a list of them.
    All i want is a "read-only"-way to work with identities.

But as mentioned here, i have to mess around with the secrets-file, because of no other way available.

//Edit

OK, a little bit more in detail.
    Everything i need, is a object-list, with objects, that contains the identity-name, the assigned nickname, and the identity-value itself (which is needed within the startConnection-function). All i want to implement, is that a user can join a server, an other client from its own contact-list, is connected to. And as a comfort-function, the used identity should be selectable.
    Last edited by Master_D; August 4th, 2015 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    No there isn't and you're not supposed to mess with identities in the first place.
    https://www.myteamspeak.com/addons/4...9-ea8dc613d6a6

Sure xD

Quote Originally Posted by Bluscream View Post
    Well, things apparently changed since I wrote the original answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_D View Post
    Everything i need, is a object-list, with objects, that contains the identity-name, the assigned nickname, and the identity-value itself (which is needed within the startConnection-function). All i want to implement, is that a user can join a server, an other client from its own contact-list, is connected to. And as a comfort-function, the used identity should be selectable.
    It's possible to get the list of existing identities (and profiles), but you only get their names as displayed in the UI. However this is enough for the parameters of the guiConnect function of the pluginSDK.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information