Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Fake teamspeak update triggers my antivirus on a specific server!

Hey, i received a friend request on steam from a guy who said he found me on csgoteamfinder.com, im on there. He invited me to his ts server and i didnt join right away, as we were to start a second game i joined and a message popped up telling me: "Your teamspeak version is outdated(v.3.0.16). CLICK HERE to update to 3.5.24". The "CLICK HERE" was written in blue. I clicked and it triggered my antivirus and i had to restart my computer. It happens on no other servers, only this one: IP REMOVED

Some virus stuff or maybe a beta server? Weird it would trigger my antivirus like that, nothing else does. I dont see a version 3.5.24 on the official site.
    Last edited by dante696; May 4th, 2015 at 07:34 AM.

As you can see, this is a Host Message. So the server owner did enable that message and trys to spread a virus oder that message.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Server send Viruses via Host Message

i have no idea if anything can happen from this or if this post makes a difference but there is a server and im guessing many more that are pretending to be real but when u try to connect you get a pop up saying u cant connect because there's a new version and provides a link but its not legit and u guessed it virus i almost fell for this luckily i decided to download from the website i have no idea where to go from here should i give the ts name to support or to the server provider which is clanwarz

Just do not click on any link on such host messages.

The next client will add a warning dialog for this. but we can not prevent that users click on any links.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    The next client will add a warning dialog for this. but we can not prevent that users click on any links.
    Nice to hear that something happens about this ^^

Server that contains a Trojan-Virus

Hi there,

I'm new here in the forum and I just wanted to inform you that the server with this IP:removed
    gives you an error, as you want to connect, and requires you to download somewhat like a "teamspeak-sound-driver"
    when you click ok, there will be an automatic download of a trojan-virus. So I would like to ask you, if you could possibly shut down that server?

Greez Nidysh
    Last edited by dante696; August 31st, 2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: ip removed (no need to advert this!) / merged

Blacklisting of Servers Promoting Malware

I am currently aware of many Teamspeak servers that are publicly accessible promoting malware.

I made a list of these Teamspeak servers here - url removed

I am aware Teamspeak servers can be blacklisted so is there any chance these kind of servers can be blacklisted to minimise infections?
    Last edited by dante696; September 5th, 2015 at 11:29 AM. Reason: thread merged / no need to make adverts for these!

Thread Information