Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

2 users on same network cannot connect to my ts3 server

Hey

I made a ts3 server so that me and my friends that runs on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS. It's working great, my friends can connect and we're talking to each other, almost all is good. Two of my friends is living together and using the same network, which is an issue for my ts3 server. While one of them is connected, the other cannot connect and vice versa. They're now using a public ts3 server instead, which isn't what we wanted and it makes me sad, as I want all my friends to use my ts3 server. How come they can both be connected to other servers?

TL;DR How can I have two guys, using the same network, connect to my ts3 server, which is on a different network? How do other servers manage clients that use the same network?

Your help is appreciated!
    Last edited by Castleburg; August 31st, 2015 at 08:56 PM.

You need to set the "pending_connections_per_ip" to "-1" with server query.

didn't work

Tried setting x
    Code:
    instanceedit serverinstance_pending_connections_per_ip=x
    to both -1 and 0 (which should be unlimited). Didn't do anything to help the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Castleburg View Post
    TL;DR How can I have two guys, using the same network, connect to my ts3 server, which is on a different network? How do other servers manage clients that use the same network?
    I did nothing. It just works on my server(s) since ever.
    Install Linux, install Teamspeak, open ports in firewall, it's working instantly.

Do you have firewall rules set up that block multiple connections from the same network? Or the same IP address? It's probably even the same IP address, depending on the setup of the network of your friends. If they life in the same flat and using the same DSL connection, for example, they appear as coming from the same IP address from the server's perspective. This must not be blocked by your firewall.

Can one of them connect to your server if the other is not connected to a server?

What error message do they get when they try?
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Individually they can connect to the server, but they cannot be on the server at the same time. They told me it's a "normal" failed to connect.

Though I remember trying with the router SPI firewall turned off and fail, I'll try it again later and restart my router this time.

Thread Information