Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How can i change the server password via Query

Hello Community, I Would like to ask support on something that has been causing me problems and i can't seem to fix.

So i made a private TeamSpeak3 Server, which i had running and everything was fine, but then we stopped using it and i forgot the password that lets someone into the server, is it possible to reset that password?

I have tried adding the serveradmin_password=newpassword but it doesnt change the password which lets you get in the server.

What can i do?

Just set or remove the password via ServerQuery
    click me first to get an "how to use the Query Interface with Putty"

This is the command to remove or to set a new password
    Code:
    serveredit virtualserver_password=

or

serveredit virtualserver_password=newpassword
    IcyTower1337
    serveradmin_password=newpassword only sets the password you need to login with serveradmin account into the ServerQuery.
    Last edited by dante696; April 4th, 2017 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Cleaned up
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

[HELP] Need to reset the Password required to connect to my server?

Hi everyone.

I haven't used my TS3 Server in over a year, but want to start using it again. The problem is that when I try to login it asks for a server password. I've tried everything, but can't remember the password used. Thus I can not connect at all.

Is there a way to get into the server to reset this password, or to have this password somehow mailed to me from the TS3 server? If not, is there a way to access the db info to reset or see the current password? If yes, how would I do that? Do I need an external program or database editor to do so? If so, which one works well?

Sorry for so many questions, but my server was nicely configured and I'd rather not have to start over from scratch by wiping what I have and installing a fresh copy of TS3.

Any help is appreciated.

John
    Last edited by dante696; October 28th, 2015 at 07:27 AM. Reason: merged

Can anyone help me. I need to reset the password that comes up when a user tries to login to the server.I forgot it and cannot login. I tried using Putty and connecting to my Teamspeak 3 server remotely and everything, including logging in to the server via putty works, but when I use the command...

it says:

error id=1538 msg=invalid\sparameter

Does anyone know why it wont let me change the password in Putty?

Thanks

If you're renting your TS3 server then ask your hoster to reset the password for you, or do so in the customer area / web interface provided by your hoster (if they provide an option to do it).

If you're hosting the server yourself, simply connect to the query interface using putty (default port is 10011) and run the following commands. Keep in mind that you need your serveradmin query password for that. If you don't know that either check out [ur=https://support.teamspeakusa.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/326]this FAQ[/url] for information on how to reset it.

Code:
    login serveradmin YOUR_PASSWORD
    use port=PORT_OF_SERVER_YOU_FORGOT_THE_PASSWORD_OF
    serveredit virtualserver_password=OPTIONAL_NEW_PASSWORD
    quit
    Please note: everything in the above box written in ALL_CAPS needs to be replaced with the respective information!

you'll then be able to connect with the client. If you did specify a new password on line 3 instead of leaving it blank (removing the password) you'll need to provide the new password to connect. If you want to you can set a new server password by editing the virtual server using the client.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

server pasword to decrypt

when I click on the app it ask for a password please help
    Last edited by dante696; October 29th, 2015 at 07:40 AM. Reason: merged

Contact the admin of that server.

If you are the admin, then change the password.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

forgot my server password

how do i reset my server password?
    Last edited by dante696; November 30th, 2015 at 12:18 PM. Reason: merged -> by using the forum search

Regain/Reset serve password.

Hi guys,

I got a huge problem here.
    I have a root Debian 8 TS3 Server. I have put so much work into it creating nice channels, icons and the correct rights system.
    But my Macbook crashed so I had to reinstall OSX and I sold my Windows PC to my parents and formatted this one too. Now I have no clients with server query rights and since I'm an idiot I set a server password I couldn't remember. Therefore the only thing left are my files on the root server.

I read something here in the forum from a guy having a similar issue and he said he fixed it bei entering "serverset server_password #CLEAR#" via TCPQuery. But since that post was from 2006 I'm not sure if that will work for me and furthermore I don't know what he means by "via TCPQuery"

Hope you can help me thanks for your time

Steve
    Last edited by dante696; January 11th, 2016 at 08:07 AM. Reason: merged because you did not even search for answers on forum????

How to Change the Server password through putty?

I have forgotten the password to sign in to the server and I have been trying to change it through putty, this is what I have done so far

Code:
    TS3
    Welcome to the TeamSpeak 3 ServerQuery interface, type "help" for a list of commands and "help <command>" for information on a specific command.
    login serveradmin SECRET_PASSWORD
    error id=0 msg=ok
    use port=10011
    error id=1024 msg=invalid\sserverID
    error id=1538 msg=invalid\sparameter
    quit

This doesn't work as there are errors shown above, I am running putty as admin

You selected no virtual server.
    Port 10011 can not be your virtual server, when port 10011 is already used from the ServerQuery.

You must use a real vserver port (9987 by default) to sue the command serveredit.

I Forgot My Server Password

Hello,I apologize for my bad english first

About 4 years ago I set up a teamspeak server on my own computer,And I work hard on.
    A lot of channels and icons.
    But before I shut down the server I set the password on the server,and I did not turn it on for a long time.But the files are still me,4 years passed.I use long teamspeak with my friends,We want to set up our own server.And remember,I installed a server 4 years ago,ready rooms and icons,But I forgot the password.I have examined the ts3server.sqlitedb file but have not found a result.I want to remove the password from the server,please help me
    There is no material value to it but the spiritual value is very very big.

I put ts3server.sqlitedb in the file attachment.maybe it will work

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by dante696; April 4th, 2017 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Sensitive data removed / merged

Just login into the ServerQuery and change/remove the password from your server.
    click me first to get an "how to use the Query Interface with Putty"

This is the command to remove or to set a new password
    Code:

or

Forgot server login password , can't use privilege key

I have a created a privilege key and I know it
    I cannot login to the server to use it because I dont know the server's password
    I am hosting the server
    Last edited by dante696; August 17th, 2017 at 01:21 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information