Forum

TS app crashes when using CELT codec

TeamSpeak freezes and crashes immediately when I join and start to talk in a channel that has CELT Mono codec.
    If I join with microphone muted, it won't crash, and i'm still able to chat, but as soon as I activate the microphone, it freezes and crashes.
    This happens either with and without headset

Steps to reproduce:
    -Join a server
    -Mute microphone
    -Join channel that uses CELT Mono codec
    -Activate microphone
    -Talk--->crash
    OR
    -Join channel that uses CELT Mono codec, with microphone activated
    -Talk

It happens every single time.

I installed a TeamSpeak server on my PC for testing (ts3-server-win64-3.0.11.3)
    Joining a channel with Opus Voice makes no problem. Editing channel to use CELT Mono makes the app crash, at every quality level, and rejoining has the same effect.

The channel that I used the most (and where I found the problem) switched to CELT Mono codec just in the days when I flashed Cyanogenmod 12(March 2015) on my phone, that was running stock Samsung Android 5.0. It worked well before, so it could be just one of the two factors, but I wish not to flash Samsung Rom back again for testing. If someone is running it, please try.

I'm running CyanogenMod 12.1 on a Samsung Galaxy S5 (klte), build 2015-09-13-NIGHTLY
    Android version: 5.1.1
    Kernel: 3.4.0-cyanogenmod-g951e2ff
    TeamSpeak version: 3.0.19.3

I hope I didn't forget anything, and I'm here for further information.
    Thanks in advance

We can not give support if this is only happening on Cyanogenmod.
    I will retest it this week with stock roms on different smartphones and 1 with cyagenmod.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We can not give support if this is only happening on Cyanogenmod.
    I will retest it this week with stock roms on different smartphones and 1 with cyagenmod.
    Thanks for the reply.

I think I've got some more information.
    I've tested entering an empty channel with CELT Mono codec, and it works.
    It crashes as soon as I enter with another account in the same room and speak simultaneously.

Kinda looks like this:
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...in-android-4-2

So that bug has not been solved, and looks like that user was running Stock Samsung ROM, on a Galaxy s3.

Hope it helps.

I can reproduce the crash, but only on Android 5 devices.

But there is a second problem on Android 4 & 5 devices.
    The client GUI does freeze and the CPU get's heavy load whe ni disconnect from a channel with Celt codec.

I don't see anything in the client log and a crashdump issn't generated at all.
    I create a ticket for both , but i can not say if this will be fixed so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by KoRnFactory View Post
    This client is completely different from the new version.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    I can reproduce the crash, but only on Android 5 devices.

But there is a second problem on Android 4 & 5 devices.
    The client GUI does freeze and the CPU get's heavy load whe ni disconnect from a channel with Celt codec.

I don't see anything in the client log and a crashdump issn't generated at all.
    I create a ticket for both , but i can not say if this will be fixed so soon.

This client is completely different from the new version.
    Thank you for your time.

Is there a report page where I can follow the status of this bug?
    Just to keep watching it.

Thanks again.

Nope, our ticket system isn't public.

TS3 stable and beta crashes when connecting to channel with hq audio on Android 6.0

So, I was using TS3(version something.23) for a long time on my old phone with 4.4 and it worked just fine, but now when I try to download TS3 on my new phone with 6.0, it crashes when connecting to channel with high quality audio, on both latest stable(as of tonight, I'm not sure which version it is) and 3.1.3. It seems to either crash or desync with server and then hang the very instant I try to say something in channel with high quality codec enabled(CELT Mono, Q=10). From stack trace it looks like it crashes in libts3client_android.so for arm64 architecture, with signal 11, code 1. I can't post full logcat or stack trace here becasue I have no way of copying it out of feedback field of Crash Reporter, but I'll send it to you right after I post this message, so I hope you'll be able to find it somehow(I can also give you my email adress if you need it to locate my crash report). I hope that it'll be fixed soon.

Edit: oh yeah, and exporting apk from old device doesn't work because of architecture mismatch, it just crashes at start
    Last edited by dante696; May 15th, 2017 at 01:23 PM. Reason: merged

Thread Information