Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Windows 10 & TS3 default TTS

Hi,

I have a german windows 10 installation, before I was on 7 and had no problems with TTS. But know, TTS speaks the English messages in a "German way". It really sound horrorible.

I already tried to download english language TTS packes for Win 10, but the Windows settings seem to have no effect on Teamspeak, even if I select a english voice.

So is there any way to fix this, or is there an additional TTS package with german messages?

Thanks.
    Last edited by dante696; August 3rd, 2015 at 09:37 AM. Reason: merged

Windows 10 and TTS

Hi all can anyone please tell me how to get the female voice back with TTS as everytime I switch to TTS I can only get the male voice

This topic is not TS related.

We use the installed and selected TTS voice from your operation system.
    We can not change or set anything in that TTS package.

Bigred55
    Install the desired TTS pack from Microsoft or other software companies.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

(Windows 10) Improper Text-To-Speech / Narrator Voice

Hi. I recently updated my computer to Windows 10. I use the Text-To-Speech feature instead of a sound pack.

My issue is this: no matter what voice I have chosen for Narrator (which controls the "voice" used) to use, TeamSpeak uses the Microsoft David Desktop voice.

The other Narrator voices which are not being detected by TeamSpeak are Microsoft Zira Desktop and Microsoft Eva Mobile.

This issue persists even with the latest update which is 3.0.18 (9/23/2015 04:52:15)

TTS works fine and does use the voice that is setup in Windows 10

You must setup your default TTS voice on Windows under Control Panel\Ease of Access\Speech Recognition.
    It always have been like that. Does not matter what other programs like Narrator do.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This topic is not TS related.

We use the installed and selected TTS voice from your operation system.
    We can not change or set anything in that TTS package.

Bigred55
    Install the desired TTS pack from Microsoft or other software companies.
    I have set my Windows 10 installation to use Microsoft Zira by default. I have tested it with other text readers, and it works. TS3 ignores what is set in the Speech subsection of the Time & Language configuration.

TS3 seems to be using a legacy API. If I look in the legacy Control Panel -> Speech Recognition -> Text to Speech there is a different default voice setting there and TS3 follows it (after you change the setting and restart TS3).

It is probably worth noting on the TTS FAQ answer that Windows 10 has two different ways to set the default voice, and TS3 uses the legacy way.

I have attached a screenshot with the two different settings.

Name:  TTS Confusion.png
Views: 2874
Size:  175.1 KB

Look here.
    Narrator app is not the place you want to change that setting, but the classic system settings.
    Windows is still a bit schizophrenic when it comes to system settings, some are in the classic one, some in the new - and in this case in the new Settings those options are for "Universal Apps" / Cortana and so on. The output of desktop applications like TS however is determined in the classic system settings.

Why can't i get Text to speech be female?

I am not sure where best to post this topic so i am putting it under general questions.

I recently upgraded from windows 7 to 10 and well no matter what i do i cannot seem to change the Text to speech to use the female voice of windows 10, and its annoying me to no end, i even tried ot find a female voice pack that is like Windows 7's Anna and found nothing or the female voice packs where to distorted\grainy or where limited like they were shorter voice packs, etc.

So how do i get the text to speech voice to be Zira at least or is there a way to get Anna sound pack at all?

As MS didn't really finish unifying System Settings, it's a bit schizophrenic on the TTS part.
    There's TTS in the "new" Settings, and TTS settings in the "classic" system settings - and they're independent of each other.
    You can change the TTS voice for TS3 in the classic System Settings.

Thread Information