Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Server shuts down every hour (License expired)

Checked my logs and it just says server shut down. I have to manually restart the server with yatqa. Don't know why its doin this, but ironically today is the last day of my one year paid license. Is it a way of reminding me to renew? Or just a coincidence? Either way I would appreciate a little help on the matter if possible.

No Logs = no help from us.
    Show us the log file or at least the last lines.

Moved License or sales related questions do not belong into this forum!
    Last edited by dante696; September 30th, 2015 at 07:30 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

just found out that it is shutting down because license needs to renew.

(license expired, shutting down!)

Why would it do this? A simple email reminder would have suffice. I renewed by payment and it is still stopping every hour. Not cool guys. Would you like your car to stop in the middle of the road if you are late with payment?

I don't actually know whether or not there are email reminders when a license is about to expire, but regardless you should know when your license expires and renew it in time.
    The server shutting down is no reminder, it's simply preventing unauthorized use of the server and only happens after the license expired. There is nothing wrong with that and there is no 'late payments', there is only you are licensed to use this many slots and then there is you're not allowed to use the server. Since your license expired the latter was true.

In any case you're welcome to raise your concerns or make your suggestions to our Licensing department.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thanks for reply, but I still believe, if you renew then it shouldn't keep stopping. The fact that it stopping every hour rather than revert back to a 32 slot (which I believe should have happened) is no longer an issue at this point. But, its ok, I know where I stand with this now, I just hope that I don't have to be up all night restarting the server waiting for some one to activate my license again.

No, the server automatically adjusting slots is wrong in our opinion.
    As long as your license is not active yet (for example because payment hasn't arrived yet) you can simply reduce the slots to 32 manually and then stop the server, remove the license and start it again and it won't shutdown anymore as you're no longer trying to use an invalid license.
    If you did renew and the license is active already, you can just download the new license key from the customer area (after logging in) and put it in the server directory, restart the TS3 server and you'll be fine.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

I cant begin to say how disappointed I am with this whole ordeal. Something that should have been easy and supportive in transition, has failed in my opinion. I have removed the license file and changed the slots back to 32 as described here, and now the server wont even restart. It is now more than fifteen hours on this, have read more forum posts on this matter, that I can honestly say an entire book can be written about it. I have spent the last few hours notifying all our members on this issue so they wouldn't think our community is died. I still do not have my new key, the payment process is still pending for some reason and my server is now completely down. Sadly, I have given up on this. I have used TS for long time with relatively no issues, but with this license, it has been extremely stressful to say the least. I will ask accounting for our recent payment to be returned ( if that is even possible) and perhaps look into something a bit more manageable.

Or you know, you could've like not waited till AFTER your license already expired before renewing it. Things like money transfer take some time. You can renew your license a week or two in advance without any downside to you and everything would've went smoothly, without any of the issues you experienced.

Thread Information