Forum

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    When will the newest version of iOS for iPhone 6s etc. appear in the Apple Store?

Android users already became an update, and now we (iOS) users are waiting for the newest version, because after changing the properties of my server i can't join my server with my Device anymore, because i need the newest version which needs to be uploaded from the Dev's or who ever.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by comander View Post
    When will the newest version of iOS for iPhone 6s etc. appear in the Apple Store?

Android users already became an update, and now we (iOS) users are waiting for the newest version, because after changing the properties of my server i can't join my server with my Device anymore, because i need the newest version which needs to be uploaded from the Dev's or who ever
    The iOS version has been submitted to the App Store. We're just waiting for approval...

Android

Just a quick question:

Can android users connect to a TS server after updating it to version 3.0.20? At the moment I'm using 3.0.13 and I am unable to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    The iOS version has been submitted to the App Store. We're just waiting for approval...
    okay, thank you

Short question on the value for virtualserver_min_client_version

// change default settings for virtual servers you create in the future
    use 0
    serveredit virtualserver_min_client_version=[COLOR=#ff0000]1444491275

As the directive virtualserver_min_client_version takes it's value in another notation than the "official" client version numbering used (e.g. 3.0.18.1) - what is the conversion formula, so we can do it on our own? I guess it is the unix timestamp of the build, but I just want to make sure

UTC : 2015-10-10 15:34:35 +0000 UTC
    Local : 2015-10-10 17:34:35 +0200 CEST
    Unix : 1444491275

Thanks in advance
    __Thorn__
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Yes it is the unix timestamp
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by _Ezra View Post
    Just a quick question:

Can android users connect to a TS server after updating it to version 3.0.20? At the moment I'm using 3.0.13 and I am unable to connect.
    Yes. The Android client we've released this weekend allows you to connect to servers where the admin has increased the minimum client version.

The iOS version will be available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Ah, that's a shame. Might be worth advising they run MalwareBytes alongside then
    The problem with your suggestion is that, when running multiple antivirus/anti-malware programs, they can sometimes conflict with each other. Plus, nobody knows what will work until they post their results in a forum or such, as you did. And I want to thank you for doing that! This really helps with the prevention of these exploits!

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos234 View Post
    Well, because you don't have also recompiled and re-roled out the andorid/iphone versions which is your task to do it if the min_client_version affect also mobile devices, I can't change this number until they are also supported.

If such an attack will come then I must tell it to you because I can't exclued mobile devices because I need to connect to my TS3 - Servers if customers have problems and also customers are connecting over there own mobile phone.

At the point that you knowing this you already sjould have re-released the latest mobile version directly after the client release.

I must say that this is very bad support for this important security fix only because mobile versions are not affected by this vulnerability.

Can't understand this politics ...
    I will also concur with the reply that was given to you. Mobile apps are different from desktop applications for one (Different CPU Architecture and OS), and for two, the app stores do have processes to verify apps aren't malicious. If you're willing to chew TeamSpeak out over not releasing the mobile versions at the same exact moment as they released the desktop client fix, then you don't understand security very well. I'd much rather my users be forced to use a computer to talk while these updates get deployed (most of my users use Android so that's moot for the most part). TeamSpeak must protect as much of it's userbase as it can. The Majority of TS' userbase is on a desktop/laptop, not a mobile phone. And they can self-deploy updates for the majority userbase whereas with Mobile devices, they can't. This isn't politics in the slightest either. This is security vulnerabilities being fixed. Security != Politics.

Veddy
    NOTE to TS peeps: I apologize if my rant is a little extreme.

Teamspeak not working anymore after patch.

Would be great if Teamspeak is working in overall, since the day a new patch arrived, my teamspeak never started up anymore. When i open Teamspeak it directly crashes. This is happening already for over a month.
    I was working with the 3.0.16 patch, received the notification for the new patch and when i try to install that it simple deny's my request and crashes along.
    when checking for possible ways to get this fixed, nothing happens.

Seriously need to get this fixed. help pls!?

Quote Originally Posted by fyfywka
    My friend, scanning is done only for statistics vulnerabilities, you can write to me on my mail to find all the answers.
    What happened to this post where this guy said he was scanning all of our server for "Statistics Vulnerabilities" ?

I wanted to reply to him, but it seems to have been deleted.

It worries me he was scanning to see if channels could be created by the query client, and that that this exploit has to do with creating channels with exploited descriptions.

I don't think he represents Teamspeak Gmbh, so I don't know why he would think it was ok to do this. He doesn't have mine or anyone elses permission to do this. I trust the teamspeak people to maintain their program and their license covers them getting statistics and any info they need from our servers.

I suggest admins should check their logs and the IP addresses of any query clients they don't recognize and ban them, as I have already done.

He may not be the person responsible for the exploit, but to me it is suspicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Paran0id View Post
    Would be great if Teamspeak is working in overall, since the day a new patch arrived, my teamspeak never started up anymore. When i open Teamspeak it directly crashes. This is happening already for over a month.
    I was working with the 3.0.16 patch, received the notification for the new patch and when i try to install that it simple deny's my request and crashes along.

Please note that on Windows based machines, the TS3 Client requires a CPU that is capable of the SSE2 instruction set. So you'll need at least a Pentium 4 or a 64-bit AMD processor. Do you have one of those ancient CPUs? If not, do you have any plugins enabled that could cause the crash? Please send me a PM with some more details and the error message and I'll forward the info.

Quote Originally Posted by sgtrwe View Post
    What happened to this post where this guy said he was scanning all of our server for "Statistics Vulnerabilities" ?
    To be honest, I didn't care much about this posting and ignored it. Throwing around some numbers combined with a weird calculation of percentage values didn't seem very important to me... Not sure who deleted it tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Paran0id View Post

See this thread for the problem you're likely facing. In short: Install Win7 SP1
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    See this thread for the problem you're likely facing. In short: Install Win7 SP1
    I have no possibility to install Win 7 SP1 atm but when I install the 32bit version of teamspeak new update, it works while I'm using 64bit.
    I have always used TS3 client for 64bit and never faced issues since latest patches.

So might be working for other users too, just try to install the 32bit version.

How long does acceptance of updates usually take?

Thread Information