Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

ts3client_runscript.sh not working.

Hello,

since today I am unable to run Teamspeak 3 under my Linux. Yesterday I got some update but it was working fine until now. I have read a couple of threads and reinstalled TS3, but am still unable to run it. When I run the script nothing happens, but when I run the amd64 file I get:
    "./ts3client_linux_amd64: error while loading shared libraries: libquazip.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

libquazip.so is most certainly present in the install folder, but is returning segmentation fault when ran. I don't know if that is normal. One thing is for sure - TS3 is not working

Any ideas?

I joined these forums to say that I have the exact same problem and symptoms. I accidentally allowed TS3 to update today after stalling for weeks, and now it won't run.

• Running ts3client_runscript.sh does nothing and gives no output
    • Running ts3client_linux_amd64 says that libquazip.so could not be found (when it is in the main TS3 directory)
    • Running libquazip.so.1 gives a seg fault with no further information

I tried to download and install a fresh copy of TS3, but the symptoms are the same, though there is no libquazip.so.1 executable.

I'd like to use TS3 but I certainly can't figure out how. I'm using Ubuntu 14.04 in case anyone cares.

Make sure that you installed the correct client (64 bit on 64 bit Linux, and 32 bit on 32 bit Linux).
    Make ts3client_runscript.sh executable if it isn't already (chmod +x ts3client_runscript.sh)
    run the script.

If it doesn't work for some reason check or post the script and try the following instead from within the client root directory
    Code:
    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=. && ./ts3client_linux_amd64
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information