Forum

Toggle mute mic or toggle PTT with hardware button

Hello!
    I just bought a TS3 client for Android and was slightly disappointed that the Push To Talk feature doesn't work on my SteelSeries Flux hardware button. Actually the button does trigger the PTT-feature all fne, but as many other headsets, the button also reserves the mic channel and therefore the hardware PTT becomes useless. Currently the TS3 client for Android doesn't serve any purpose for me :(

This problem could be fixed by enabling the hardware button somehow toggle mic muting on/off. Since there is no mic muting on the android app currently, the button could also toggle the PTT-feature on/off, and that would work too. On PTT, the mic would be kinda muted, and when the PTT is off, the mic would be voice activated.

What do you think of this? Any chance of going through? =)

These buttons are something like a resistance and only will mute voice, when they are used for PTT.
    We did test that before and decided to not add any of these buttons.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Oh I think you misunderstood me. You already do support assigning hardware keys to PTT (as seen on the attacment). I'm asking that would it be able to assign the hardware key to toggle mic muting instead of PTT. That would make the hardware key usable in these cases when pushing it mutes the microphone. One could click the hardware the button before talking and click again when talking is over to mute the mic.

Sorry if you understood me correctly before. I don't mean to keep bashing on it if it was rejected on purpose Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Your first sentence content was about "Can not use my headset button for PTT", so i thought you request to use that button for toggle mute.

I will put this into a note for the next QA Dev meeting. I'm not sure what devs will think about using a second hotkey on Android.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Update: "Toggle mute/unmute microphone" for hardware buttons will be added (no date for that feature yet) into the Android client.

"Toggle Mic Mute/Unmute" via hotkey will be possible in next client update.

Last update was on 28th July and it was not added, do you know when will it be available?

Client 3.1.6 will have this feature included. This version should be released this month.
    You can test it out in the beta version already -> http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/9...p-Instructions

Thread Information