Forum

temporary password suggestion

would it be possible to create temporary passwords, that expire X number of days after first activation?

that way it would be possible could create some guest passwords, that members of my channel could share with others, to give temporary access, without needing an admin first to create a password.

This would not change that an Admin needs to create them before they can be used.

I don't think that change is usefull.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

The fact that an admin needs to create them is not really the issue that would be solved here. Let me give a typical example for the situation this could be used in.

in my TS channel, my members would like to occasionally allow guests to join the server for a couple of days, without giving away the password that allows indefinite access. to do this, they need an admin to create it for them. when no admin is around, they simple cannot do it. An admin could off course, pre set a number of temp passwords, however these would automatically expire after the set date.

What would help here, is a temporary password, that stays active indefinitely, and starts expiring when first activated. This way, an admin could set, say, 20 passwords, and members could just grab one whenever they need one to give to a guest.

Also, it is much easier for the administrator to give access for 2 days with an unknown start date. If a member and a guest want to come to teamspeak, and have access, the administrator needs to know when they will do so, and then create the password on that very day. Off course you could make a password that gives longer access to cover the unknown date, but this would also give longer access on other days.

Quote Originally Posted by nighteyes
    What would help here, is a temporary password, that stays active indefinitely
    It wouldnt be a TEMPORARY password anymore then

Dont know if this a supported way ,but you could give trusted members one of these permissions, so they can create temp passwords without admin interference.
    Code:
    b_virtualserver_modify_temporary_passwords
    b_virtualserver_modify_temporary_passwords_own

@ Alcazar: YES, that's a supported way. Did not think about that as an option
    And i agree, a password that is inactiveill first use is no temp password anymore. This is what i also thought in first post.

@ nighteyes: Please use b_virtualserver_modify_temporary_passwords_own on these selected user to allow them to invite people without telling them the password.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thread Information