Forum

What bot would be best to contribute to for a feature I need?

I have a CentOS server that my ts3 server runs on and that i want to use to also run a ts3 bot.

The bot should be able to:
    Link server groups to channel groups for selected channels
    Recieve requests to add people to a server group
    Check if the person who sent the request is allowed to request the action
    Add user to server group and all associated channel groups
    Remove user from server group and all associated channel groups

I have no problem programming this myself. (Depending on the language it might take longer though)

C++/Java preferred.

So which open source project would be the best to contribute to in my case?

Kind regards, Hob

Unfortunately I need a longer time to implement the plugin interface to the JTS3ServerMod, because other features had a higher priority. But in around one year (maybe earlier) it should be possible to add own java written plugins to my JTS3ServerMod.

Hello.
    My bot is open source, fast and extendable.
    Here the link: https://github.com/Scrumplex/Sprummlbot

Hey Stefan, I know of your JTS3ServerMod, great work there. But unfortunately its not open source and as you said, plugins are yet far off.

Scrumplex, I already saw your project before posting this and there are multiple reason why i won't contribute to your code. I don't mean to be mean, but among other minor issues i had the real deal breakers are that the project is unorganized, undocumented and uncommented. =/

Thanks for commenting anyway, both of you. I guess I'll just program my own bot then and look for completely different open source project to contribute to

Quote Originally Posted by Hob61 View Post
    Scrumplex, I already saw your project before posting this and there are multiple reason why i won't contribute to your code. I don't mean to be mean, but among other minor issues i had the real deal breakers are that the project is unorganized, undocumented and uncommented. =/
    Now I added InlineDocs to every method (except of Enums and Webinterface files)

And to the "unorganizeness"... can you give me some tips?

I just wrote a lengthy reply explaining some basics, but for some reason the teamspeak forum logged my out and deleted it when i tried to submit it. Will write it again later when I have more time on my hands

multiple ways

Hey Stefan, I know of your JTS3ServerMod, great work there. But unfortunately its not open source and as you said, plugins are yet far off.

Thanks for commenting anyway, both of you. I guess I'll just program my own bot then and look for completely different open source project to contribute to
    You can already add stuff to JTS3ServerMod. You have been for ages. The way he has it setup is to scan a package. Just throw your function into that package, and it will be loaded. Example: http://pastebin.com/gfUvUwPs then just add Location:loc to bot_functions in the config and your set.

I hope I can release the first beta version of the JTS3ServerMod 6.0 (including a plugin api) in the next 3 weeks. So you can start developing plugins for the JTS3ServerMod with that version.

First beta version of the JTS3ServerMod 6.0 out now. API documentation and example plugin is included, can be downloaded from http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/5...Mute-Welcome-)

Thread Information