Forum

Suggestion for TeamSpeak3 that would probably made teamspeak3 life easier :)

Hello everyone

So me and my friends are making a PHP TeamSpeak3 Bot that is making life easier but we couldn't put some things that we wanted to.

1. Make more characters in chat.

There's only maximum of 1024 characters that we can use in Private chat ;< Why not boost up to like 2048 or more

2. Make Gfx Interval to set it up to 1.

We also made a banner that's showing what time, date, what channel are you on,etc,etc but sometimes its just so slow that when its 8:54 on the banner its showing like 8:30...

3. Make more characters in Host Message.

We also made a function to Host message thats showing how much users and uptime of server but there's only maximum of 232 characters maximum I think. Why not boost it up to like 1k or something like that.

Thank you

Me can imagine what dante / Chris will say to this

For 1.: This is called TeamSPEAK not TeamWrite | Use textchat for this.

For 3: Hostmessage is originally intended to be set by the hoster/provider of the server.
    Clients online as well server running time can be seen in the server-info on the right.

Sticky -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Alcazar View Post
    Me can imagine what dante / Chris will say to this

For 1.: This is called TeamSPEAK not TeamWrite | Use textchat for this.

For 3: Hostmessage is originally intended to be set by the hoster/provider of the server.
    Clients online as well server running time can be seen in the server-info on the right.

M8, did you ever write ts3bot in php? No

1.I made a welcome message that says everything about you. For ex your connections, time spent, longest connection and more and I wanted to put that in 1 message but I cant so I need to make every single message alone and it looks crappy so ye :/
    2.There's ton of things I can put in host message but I couldn't since I didnt have enough space

Re: How to make the most annoying TS features even more annoying

Quote Originally Posted by dzinks2009 View Post
    Hello everyone

So me and my friends are making a PHP TeamSpeak3 Bot that is making life easier but we couldn't put some things that we wanted to.

1. Make more characters in chat.

There's only maximum of 1024 characters that we can use in Private chat ;< Why not boost up to like 2048 or more
    3. Make more characters in Host Message.

We also made a function to Host message thats showing how much users and uptime of server but there's only maximum of 232 characters maximum I think. Why not boost it up to like 1k or something like that.
    M8, did you ever write ts3bot in php? No

1.I made a welcome message that says everything about you. For ex your connections, time spent, longest connection and more and I wanted to put that in 1 message but I cant so I need to make every single message alone and it looks crappy so ye :/
    2.There's ton of things I can put in host message but I couldn't since I didnt have enough space
    I hate all kinds of bots because they're incredibly annoying. I believe that being annoying it the sole use of welcome bots, that's why I instantly ignore all of them.

2. Make Gfx Interval to set it up to 1.

We also made a banner that's showing what time, date, what channel are you on,etc,etc but sometimes its just so slow that when its 8:54 on the banner its showing like 8:30...
    I fixed that for you. Just use this as your banner:
    Name:  ts-loesung.png
Views: 224
Size:  2.3 KB

I was about to go to bed but now I have to think all night: Which is the most annoying feature in TeamSpeak? Host messages, host banners or welcome message bots? That's a though question.

Let me add this: I don't hate ts3 bots. They are absolutely ok. As long as they are on servers I don't visit.

TS3 is a tool. A tool to communicate via voice. Please implement things that enable you to do more. Make stuff that enables you to do things which aren't possible without that stuff. Implement stuff that adds value to TS3. Don't implement stuff that isn't useful. Don't add stuff that adds bloat. Don't implement stuff that doesn't enable you to do more than without that stuff.

Text like welcome messages don't add value. Knowing how many users are on a server or the uptime of the server don't add value. It's already available in the client elsewhere. It's all useless data in extra messages. You might be curious to know such things at the start, but in the end you don't really need it. You visit a TS3 server to communicate via voice. Add stuff that enables you to better communicate via voice.

This might be right on private servers, but it's necessary to have bots on public servers.

Today people are unable to read from their self, mostly rules (Thanks to AGB's and EULA's). You have to serve them the rules on a silver Platter for the to read it. And its also important to scare them a bit (I myself use a poke on every 1st connect that tells the client that his IP was saved for security reasons).

As you said you won't need any bot on private server. Except music bots of course

But as trolling has intensified these days you will need one to several bots to protect your server against trolls. And since teamspeak servers don't support plugins you will need bots for almost everything.

Also the shitty ban (ID, IP, PID/MAC) system in general is a shame. People are using Plugins like NoX to get back on server within seconds after they got banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    Let me add this: I don't hate ts3 bots. They are absolutely ok. As long as they are on servers I don't visit.

TS3 is a tool. A tool to communicate via voice. Please implement things that enable you to do more. Make stuff that enables you to do things which aren't possible without that stuff. Implement stuff that adds value to TS3. Don't implement stuff that isn't useful. Don't add stuff that adds bloat. Don't implement stuff that doesn't enable you to do more than without that stuff.

Text like welcome messages don't add value. Knowing how many users are on a server or the uptime of the server don't add value. It's already available in the client elsewhere. It's all useless data in extra messages. You might be curious to know such things at the start, but in the end you don't really need it. You visit a TS3 server to communicate via voice. Add stuff that enables you to better communicate via voice.
    I can aggree with this content, but there is also a reason for implementing bots. From my view, bots have much functions, that are annoying only, so they are useless from my view. But most bots also have security-related functions, that can help users to protect their servers, and that are useful functions.

The problem is, that most server-administrators have to decide between usability and security. As an example, they can set a high security-level, but that fights against usability, because of waiting users while increasing their security-level of their identities. Many server-administrators use bots as an alternative for such a configuration.
    But there is also a technical barrier, that has to be mentioned. The ban-system can not easily extended, because of that. What should be done, to improve the ban-system? Unique IDs for the teamspeak-client-installations? Do we want "SpySpeak"?

Please remember that, when you suggest new functions.

I admit you have a point in dealing with trolls and security. Although I operate a server for several years now, it was never necessary to implement more security than what's in Teamspeak already, so I never felt the need. We banned not more than 10 users in 6 years.
    But I visited small servers where I was presented with bloat from bots. They moved people around randomly, posted messages to channels every few minutes, changed flashing banners every few minutes, and so on. All in all very annoying, because they produced the illusion of activity, where actually was none. Important chat messages from users vanished in the spam of auto-generated messages for example.

If you do bots that help you against trolls and generally improve the operation of the server, fine with me. That's the added value I mentioned. If you have trolls to fight. But for some private servers I assume the operator implement bots just because they seem cool but serve not real purpose on that server.

I also understand what you mean with "users don't read". I created a few info-channels where I put short documentation into the channel descriptions about the administration crew and how to use the server in general. Of course almost nobody reads this. But well, since that knowledge isn't required to switch channels and to speak, it's not critical. If someone asks, I point him there. As long as nobody asks, probably nobody is interested in that information, so he would ignore it even if it were forced in his face by a bot.

Thread Information