Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

What is power and needed power and what is grant

Whats the difference between power and needed power? As well as grant?

I'm trying to make it so higher ranked groups can add members only to certain groups below their rank.
    Last edited by AGamer; December 1st, 2015 at 01:10 AM.

You may use the forum search first!

1. Power is what you are able to do. And the needed power tells you which Power you need to do something.
    Like a Roleplay Game you are level 3 (the power you have) and can only wear an Armor that needs min. Level 3 (the needed power).
    You will be unable to wear an Armor that needs level 4 (or more), because you are on level 3.

and no TeamSpeak does not gain you EXP to gain more levels :P An Admin must do this.

2. For Grant Read here
    http://forum.teamspeak.com/threads/1...274#post412274
    Last edited by dante696; March 13th, 2017 at 10:42 AM.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Thank you!!

One more question Is avatar filesize in kb or mb? Because I put 200 in the box which should be 200kb correct?

Just hover with your mouse above the permission name. It will tell you the answer.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Confusion With Powers

I am trying to have two server groups (1 for just me and the other for 2 people who are also going to be server admins), however I wish to have it so that they cannot 'target' me in anything.
    I am confused between the "needed power" and just normal "power".
    For example, if I am customizing the one for them, and I want to edit the Client Move Power and Needed Client Move power what would I set it to so that they can move anyone apart from myself?
    Last edited by dante696; February 1st, 2016 at 12:14 PM. Reason: merged

It's quite simple

Is normal power same or bigger as needed power = the user can do something.
    Is the normal power lower than needed power = the user can't to do something.

---> Set his power lower than your needed power. and he will not be able to do anything against you.

Advanced permissions values

I'm just wondering what do the values actually mean? For example a move power is set at 50 but I have no idea what server group is 50? How can i find out?
    Last edited by dante696; March 31st, 2016 at 01:49 PM. Reason: merged

When your move power is 50 in the current dialog, then you know it comes from this group where the dialog is opened at this moment.
    Do not really understand your short question.

If you want a full overview, then open your permisions overview via right-click -> permissions on yourself.
    This is the only way to list all your current active permissions and their values.

If you do not understand what the values in power and needed power do -> Scroll up to post #2

Dont understand permissions

I have a recruit rank they can move channels and talk thats all.
    I have moderator rank they can kick and everything below.
    I have owner rank who can do whatever.

I dont understand how value 50 means recruit?
    How do i set 50 to recruit and 60 to moderator and 70 to owner for example???

Example for your "owner" group:
    When this owner has i_group_member_add_power of 70 then members in that group can add anyone into any other group with a i_group_needed_member_add_power of 70 or lower.

I still don't understand the Power and Needed Power system...

Even though a friend of mine has tried to explain this to me, I still don't get it... out of all of the software I have used, I have never seen such a complicated permissions system like this... it has me scratching my head before I even open the menu...

One thing I really don't get despite looking at other threads and even YouTube is this power and needed power system. I don't understand how it works at all, especially for non-direct-user tasks (not kicks and bans for example) like files and private textmessage. I also do not understand how this links in with the permissions set under the permissions tab of a channel, like join, subscribe, description view, modify, delete, and the other file transfer needed powers. In addition I don't understand how this works between channel groups and permission groups and which takes priority over the other.

Please can someone help explain it in super noob terms?

Thank you... ugh

Difference between permissions

Hi all!

I write here because I don't understand so much how does it work your permissions system, concretely ... I would like about difference between two permissions (but are there similar tagged):

Client Move Power
    Needed Client Move Power

And ... also the colums "Value" and "Grant" because I understand that if, for instance "Client Move Power" has 75 as value ... that should be the grant power itself to automove ... then ... what means the second "Needed Client Move Power"? But really ... that value also could be interpreted as the needed power to automove, right?

Thank you so much :P
    Last edited by dante696; April 26th, 2016 at 08:23 AM. Reason: merged

read the permissiondoc.txt in your server installations doc folder.
    When sending PMs please make sure to include a reference link to the thread in question in the body of your message.

Thread Information