Forum

Push-To-Talk On, Still Thinks VAD is enabled instead.

Hello, my Teamspeak client seems to think that Voice Activation detection is on when it is set to Push-To-Talk with Space as my hotkey. I can talk plainly as if I was using VAD, regardless of whether the button is pressed or not. How do I prevent this behavior? I have kind of a hot mic, and I don't want to annoy my clanmates and be kicked from the channel or server.

Using client version 3.0.18.2, on Windows 7, capture mode is set to Direct Sound, Capture device set to Microphone (Realtek HD Audio), and is coming from a steelseries headset. PTT is selected, VAD while PTT is selected is disabled (unchecked).

This will only work, when your current Capture & Hotkey profiles are the same in your bookmark as in the option menu.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    This will only work, when your current Capture & Hotkey profiles are the same in your bookmark as in the option menu.
    Bookmark profile? Where would I find that?

Capture & Hotkey profiles in your "bookmark" can be found under Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks (More enabled).
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Capture & Hotkey profiles in your "bookmark" can be found under Bookmarks -> Manage Bookmarks (More enabled).
    The Bookmarks section you describe doesn't give me the option to change any of my profiles, only "Default", and "None".

EDIT: Now that I look at it with some free time, the Default profile is the one with these settings selected (PTT activated, etc), and that profile is what has been selected in the Bookmarks section by default, with no other profiles even existing. So it can't be a problem between Capture profiles in Options and Bookmarks
    Last edited by Ultralazuli; December 3rd, 2015 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Had some free time to look at things a bit more critically.

In that case i'm out of any ideas.
    Please send me your settings.db in a private message (the identities and passwords and URLs are not stored in that file). I like to test that with your settings.

In that case i'm out of any ideas.
    Please send me your settings.db in a private message (the identities and passwords and URLs are not stored in that file). I like to test that with your settings.
    Where would I find that specific file? Is it in the primary installation folder?

You could have used the normal search feature for windows already :/

It **can be** stored under
    1. %APPDATA%\TS3Client in the main folder
    or 2. In the config folder in program's folder..

Thank you for the DB.

The client only activates my voice, when i press the Space key.
    It stays active for one more second after releasing the Space key.

This is what is also setup in your capture profile: "Delay releasing Push-To-Talk" = 1 second.
    Name:  ptt delay 1 second.png
Views: 905
Size:  40.2 KB
    Deactivate or set a lower value for the delay and it will not feel like it is VAD.

//Question: Is space really a good idea? it's one of the most used key on a keyboard and will activate everytime you type something and this will annoy users.
    You may use Space + a second key to fix this.

Thank you for the DB.

The client only activates my voice, when i press the Space key.
    It stays active for one more second after releasing the Space key.

This is what is also setup in your capture profile: "Delay releasing Push-To-Talk" = 1 second.
    Name:  ptt delay 1 second.png
Views: 905
Size:  40.2 KB
    Deactivate or set a lower value for the delay and it will not feel like it is VAD.

//Question: Is space really a good idea? it's one of the most used key on a keyboard and will activate everytime you type something and this will annoy users.
    You may use Space + a second key to fix this.
    I'm not entirely sure you understand, the PTT option being selected has no effect, read: Regardless of whether I push the button or not, even if I never push it, it still transmits. I will reduce the delay size, but again, it transmits regardless of whether the button is pressed or not.

I could not reproduce this with your databse as said above.
    it only did send, when i pressed the space button on my keyboard.

I could not reproduce this with your databse as said above.
    it only did send, when i pressed the space button on my keyboard.
    So the answer right now is that there's no way for me to fix this?

If so, fine. It really sucks that a program won't do what it's supposed to do. But I suppose nothing can be done about it.

Your case is the only one i know so far where VAD is activated, when PTT is set in options.
    And i could not verify that on my pc with your settings.db.

Maybe something sends the Space key all the time without the feature to create a space in chats
    -> Try another Hotkey or Hotkeys in combination
    -> Try another Hotkey mode under Settings -> Options -> Hotkeys
    -> Remove the hotkey and check if you still can talk (Please remove it under Hotkeys tab)
    -> Unplug unneeded usb devices

-> Try a complete fresh install (by renaming settings.db)
    -> Install all OS and driver updates
    -> Check your computer for viruses or bots etc.

I have no idea left to add here.

Your case is the only one i know so far where VAD is activated, when PTT is set in options.
    And i could not verify that on my pc with your settings.db.

Maybe something sends the Space key all the time without the feature to create a space in chats
    -> Try another Hotkey or Hotkeys in combination
    -> Try another Hotkey mode under Settings -> Options -> Hotkeys
    -> Remove the hotkey and check if you still can talk (Please remove it under Hotkeys tab)
    -> Unplug unneeded usb devices

-> Try a complete fresh install (by renaming settings.db)
    -> Install all OS and driver updates
    -> Check your computer for viruses or bots etc.

I have no idea left to add here.
    Thank you for trying dante, I won't fault you for that. I will try these suggestions when I have time.

Thread Information