Forum

Some can join, some not! Really weird problem!

Hey guys,

First of all, I am new to these forums, so hello everyone, who is able to help me with this problem.

I am running an 24/7 TeamSpeak server since half a year now and it was working perfectly until
    I got a new router, since my modem crashed a while a go. Now I got the Arris Touchstone TG862, an 'all-in-one' device.
    Before I had a modem and a router, which was a TP-Link thingy.

Anyway, since I got the Arris router/modem, one half of my friends are able to join my server, the other half is not able. They
    get the 'Connection to the server failed' error all the time, the others can join without any troubles (most of the time), including me.

First of all some basics:

TS Client version: 3.18.0.2 (my friends and me)
    TS Server version: 3.0.11.4 (64-Bit), had 3.0.10.3 before (did not work aswell)
    IP: ts3.nolfer4ever.at
    internal IP: 192.168.1.2 (of the server)

Things I have already checked/tried:

• turned of my antivirus (360 Total Security) on my server/completely uninstalled it aswell
    • reinstalled Windows (changed from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10)
    • since Windows firewall was online before and after the router change, I did not try to turn it off
    • opened all required ports in my router (pictures #1)
    • tried disabling the built-in firewall of my router (did not work) and set it back to original (picture #2)
    • using DMZ for my server's internal IP address (picture #3)
    • my internet provider (still) allows server hosting at home, so no problem from this side

I think it has something to do with my router's settings, but I am not quiet sure, since it was working perfectly with my old one over months.

Are there any Teamspeak server settings I could have changed wrongly? In case, please tell me, if you need any further screenshots or informations.

Basically, I did not do anything beside changing some permissions on the server.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bild 001.png 
Views:	76 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	13262

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bild 002.png 
Views:	53 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	13263
    Last edited by dante696; December 9th, 2015 at 03:09 PM. Reason: removed dmz picture!

Anyone? I really need your help, since I don't find anything on Google...

If you already have done everything (Do not use DMZ for productive use!!!!!!!!!) already and it still fails since you have the new modem.
    You may return it back to the shop or try a firmware update and let users try your IP and not the DNS.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    If you already have done everything (Do not use DMZ for productive use!!!!!!!!!) already and it still fails since you have the new modem.
    You may return it back to the shop or try a firmware update and let users try your IP and not the DNS.
    Okay, I have disabled DMZ now, which did not affect my situation until now.

Unfortunately, I got my modem from my provider directly and in addition, they won't change it, since they say 'it is working perfectly'. Also, there are no newer/older formwares for this modem, since these are managed by the provider aswell.

Any other things I can try out?

Hard to tell from your screenies but it does not show that the ports are opened to your servers IP?
    Is it normal that the inbound/outbound are from x-x in both inbound/outbound?
    usually it's inbound x to outbound x

I could not connect to ts3.nolfer4ever.at

Did you give your server a fixed IP or is it 'auto'?

I was able to connect to that server, but now i'm having the same problem. My friend pays for a server and multiple of my friends can log on to it, but me and another friend(that tried to connect from phone app) cant connect. Last night it was fine, then would disconnect randomly while i was still online andplaying online, and then it would reconnect. It did that about 8 times and then disconnected and wouldnt reconnect. Now when I try my book mark or any other ip or address im given, it say "Failed to connect to server". I can log on to any other server but ours.

Thread Information