Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Ts dns srv

Ts dns srv

Hello,

I seem to not have my srv record working, I've searching the forum with no luck to my issue.

I have this set in my SRV record

_ts3._udp.mydomain.com. 36000 IN SRV Priority: 0
    Weight: 5
    Port: 35480
    Target: voice.mydomain.com <-------- tried with and without "voice"
    My A record is pointed from my teamspeak ip to voice.mydomain.com

And another A record pointed from mydomain.com to my webhost ip.

I connect using voice.mydomain.com and it keeps saying "Failed to connect to server".

???

No examples, no help.

The ts3 client prepends _ts3._udp. in front of the name you enter in the connection dialog and looks that up in the dns. So if you set a srv record to _ts3._udp.mydomain.com like in your example, you have to enter mydomain.com into the ts3 client connection dialog to connect to the server via this srv record.

If you want to connect to your server by entering "voice.mydomain.com" into the client, your srv record has to look like _ts3._udp.voice.mydomain.com. An srv record has to point to an A record, so if you have an A record pointing at voice.mydomain.com, you have to give exactly this voice.mydomain.com as target of the srv record.

Quote Originally Posted by Schlumpi View Post
    The ts3 client prepends _ts3._udp. in front of the name you enter in the connection dialog and looks that up in the dns. So if you set a srv record to _ts3._udp.mydomain.com like in your example, you have to enter mydomain.com into the ts3 client connection dialog to connect to the server via this srv record.

If you want to connect to your server by entering "voice.mydomain.com" into the client, your srv record has to look like _ts3._udp.voice.mydomain.com. An srv record has to point to an A record, so if you have an A record pointing at voice.mydomain.com, you have to give exactly this voice.mydomain.com as target of the srv record.
    Ah ok its works! Thank you!

I thought target in the srv record was suppose to point to connection name.

Before making any changes to your DNS, you should make one important realization and one important decision.
    Realization is that there's no magic behind DNS - it all strict rules.
    Decision is what you want from your setup. Do you want your voice server set for domain or for some separate host?
    Normal setup (or "intended usage") for DNS SRV records is to describe services for domain.
    In which case, your SRV record is set right. But your DNS setup is incomplete.
    You must also have an A record named "voice.example.org" (in your case) pointing to the IP on which your TS server is running.

Details and examples are in http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...288#post383288

// fourth

Thread Information