Forum

Becoming an Authorized TeamSpeak Host Provider (ATHP)

I am looking at becoming an ATHP. I have one potential client with 150 slots and another that is less than 20.

With a $50 up-front application fee amortized over 12 months, along with tiered pricing which for me would 12 cents a slot, my fees along would be:

First Year
    Application Fee Amortization: $4.17
    Monthly License Fee: $24
    First server slot license fee: $18
    Second server slot license fee: $2.40
    Total Monthly Costs paid to TS: $48.57

Second Year
    Application Fee Amortization: $0
    Monthly License Fee: $120
    Total Monthly Costs paid to TS: $140.40

I know the above costs make more sense when you're reselling to hundreds if not thousands of customers, but trying to do the math on how to break into this business. This also doesn't include co-lo and bandwidth costs.

Also, I do run a free/no charge server for one of my gaming clans with <32 slots, so I have a general idea on how to get a server up and running. From the pricing page:

https://sales.teamspeakusa.com/pricing.php

ATHPs are billed on a monthly, recurring basis for the average monthly slot count configured on each virtual server. See this FAQ for more info.
    Are those virtual servers that you rent from TS on their hardware which you then resell, or are they virtual servers that you install on your own hardware and then sell?

If on your own hardware, does the server installation have its own reporting built-in that then phones home to TS to generate the bill?

If on your own hardware, is it generally done with each virtual server having its own unique IP address, or a single IP separated by unique ports?

I have my own physical server located in a data center with backbone access and am looking for ways to monetize it. Any input would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Z352 View Post
    I am looking at becoming an ATHP. I have one potential client with 150 slots and another that is less than 20.

With a $50 up-front application fee amortized over 12 months, along with tiered pricing which for me would 12 cents a slot, my fees along would be:

First Year
    Application Fee Amortization: $4.17
    Monthly License Fee: $24
    Total Monthly Costs paid to TS: $48.57

Second Year
    Application Fee Amortization: $0
    Monthly License Fee: $120
    Total Monthly Costs paid to TS: $140.40

I know the above costs make more sense when you're reselling to hundreds if not thousands of customers, but trying to do the math on how to break into this business. This also doesn't include co-lo and bandwidth costs.

Also, I do run a free/no charge server for one of my gaming clans with <32 slots, so I have a general idea on how to get a server up and running. From the pricing page:

https://sales.teamspeakusa.com/pricing.php
    Please contact TeamSpeak USA. This forum is not for licensing questions.

And by the way, it's a minimum monthly fee, not a base fee. With such a little amount of slots, you will not pay any other fees.

Are those virtual servers that you rent from TS on their hardware which you then resell, or are they virtual servers that you install on your own hardware and then sell?
    Own hardware.

If on your own hardware, does the server installation have its own reporting built-in that then phones home to TS to generate the bill?
    Yes.

If on your own hardware, is it generally done with each virtual server having its own unique IP address, or a single IP separated by unique ports?
    Single IPv4 IP.

Thread Information