Forum

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbolt View Post
    You see it all started with when one of our servers crashed and we needed them to send us a new PAID license, We already paid $100 (what a joke) and can you guess what happened? after calling and e mailing for over 2 months no reply yup that right you read it right! Now for over a year our servers are crippled at 32 slots and a giant FU from ts3 to us never giving us what we paid for.
    That doesn't sound like any legitimate use.

As a precaution this time i have copy and pasted this very thread to MANY MANY forums and game communities world wide as i am in contact with MANY communities. I help alot of communities with the config for their ts3 servers for free as it is not an easy thing if you have no xp with ts3.
    Starting ts3server and simply using it. Too hard for people.

I have donated 100's of hours to both this forum to help people and 100's more hours to communities out there that have a hard time with their config of ts3 (there is alot).
    You must be typing very slowly if you spend hundreds of hours for 90 posts (not counting this one and its many reposts), most of which are just one sentence. So if you can obviously type approximately 1 sentence per hour, the above post will have taken you several weeks of work. That's true hate, spending weeks on a hate post that will eventually be deleted.

For me, and this is only my advice, the Teamspeak devs are not really open to changes.

Many features are asked for managing users and improve teamspeak interactions with other components and each time they said "we don't build spyspeak". Guys you're using cloudflare wich provide a large amount of data to americains institutes...

I really hope to see big changes in teamspeak's devs politic.

Quote Originally Posted by Toine View Post
    Many features are asked for managing users and improve teamspeak interactions with other components and each time they said "we don't build spyspeak". Guys you're using cloudflare wich provide a large amount of data to americains institutes...
    We and our community used the phrase "We are not SpySpeak" to ensure that anyone understand that we do not want that admins or other users can abuse own permissions to spy users private conversation with others.
    The requests where never about managing. They where about i want to know what my users are talking or writing without beeing noticed that someone else can read/listen.

What has Cloudflare to do with that?
    Using a service against attacks on our web services and not including the possibility to spy on users conversation are definitely not related to each other.
    Without Cloudflare we could not provide services without beeing under attack every day. This is what happend in the past for days, weeks, months and years.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    We and our community used the phrase "We are not SpySpeak" to ensure that anyone understand that we do not want that admins or other users can abuse own permissions to spy users private conversation with others.
    The requests where never about managing. They where about i want to know what my users are talking or writing without beeing noticed that someone else can read/listen.

What has Cloudflare to do with that?
    Using a service against attacks on our web services and not including the possibility to spy on users conversation are definitely not related to each other.
    Without Cloudflare we could not provide services without beeing under attack every day. This is what happend in the past for days, weeks, months and years.
    Cloudflare is a middleware, so each request to your platform pass through cloudflare and you don't support SSL on all your components. In fact when we login on the forum Cloudflare see our data without problems. Cloudflare is based in USA (San Francisco) and must respect the americans rules .

I understand your point of view, but you can't say "We are not SpySpeak" and at the same time use a service like Cloudflare, without any encryption, wich can view all our queries contents (including passwords). This is not logical.

TeamSpeak says that they do not spy. Not some cloud service of an unimportant forum with no sensitive information at all.

Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    TeamSpeak says that they do not spy. Not some cloud service of an unimportant forum with no sensitive information at all.
    Login/password/email and any other personnal data are always important, even if your forum got 5 users. Simply because 9/10 users use the same credentials for all platforms. Using this kind of service to avoid DDOS attack and in exchange expose all the users is not, in my opinion of programmer, a good deal for the users.

I was with TeamSpeak since like a beginning. I have even spent money on their iOS app some years ago.

But now. In 2017. There is only one leader: Discord.

TeamSpeak has lost. They are too slow. People need: slackish-textchannels, integrations, livestreams, history...

TeamSpeak gives nothing. It gives only some good voice and a crappy interface in 2017.

Auf wiedersehen, my old friend. Hello Discord and the future.

---

P.S. Some stats: my clan, 5 guilds from different games, 90% of my Steam friends are now in Discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeze View Post
    Auf wiedersehen, my old friend. Hello Discord and the future.
    Godspeed. Just be careful not to get too depended on Discord. Some day the investors will come knocking at the door of Discord Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Apelli View Post
    Actually, would like to drop my 2Ē into this conversation.
    It's 2017 outside, so if you would be generous enough to serve your downloads by HTTPS, and not HTTP, it would be really awesome.
    (At least, gamed.de supports HTTPS on its main site)
    Why would you want a public download that contains no sensitive data at all to be encrypted?

To make sure that you don't get malicious files by someone who performs MITM on you.

Quote Originally Posted by fspower View Post
    To make sure that you don't get malicious files by someone who performs MITM on you.
    I doubt it is that easy in modern datacenters to MITM

Downloaded executables (that includes setups) are signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluscream View Post
    I doubt it is that easy in modern datacenters to MITM
    This attack can happen anywhere in between the server and the client. No need for that to happen in datacenters.

I too think that this attack isn't easy to do. HTTPS Downloads are not that hard to configure either.

I hope that the Company TeamSpeak Systems GmbH see the changes in this "Business".
    Many Teamspeak Users, leave Teamspeak behind, and join Discord...... and thatīs just Users ......
    But when no one is using Teamspeak,... no Admins (Clanleaders,etc.) have to rent a Server. So no Money from this Business Segment.
    The Teamspeak License philosophy is OK :
    Free Server up to 32 Slots ( maybe 50 Slots next Time ? )
    and a "Free" NPL License with 10 V-Servers up to 512 Slots (not easy to get, but possible)
    So i think the Company behind Teamspeak, have to make changes on the UI and the way to use it, like an easy to use Server-management or the Chat or .....
    Im Happy with my Teamspeak Server and Teamspeak Client, but more and more Users got to Discord ..... and in a few month Iīm alone online on oldish Teamspeak 3

As the title states our HUGE community can no longer function under the ts3 business model anymore. By this i mean $100 freaken dollars a year for the ability to have more then 32 people supported!! rubbish!! Not to mention the fact that ALL gaming communities survive on donations/out of pocket alone. But if we are to support more then 32 people we cant bring in money to keep our server running? WTF!. But that's not all folks in order to "qualify" pfft for a license we must have a domain and e mail but not a free e mail nooooo we have to pay for an e mail domain too???? again WTF!!

As it stands now for the last year we have been in a fight with ts3 to get them to wake up!! But we are met with their frankly nazi rules "papers please"!! and we are sick and tired of it period.... We love ts3 we really do but this is frankly BULLSH!T and we have had enough! so here is the math for us to maintain a ts3 server with 512 slots. Tell me if this is stupid we think it is so here goes.

domain=20$ per year
    website=$300 per year
    TS3 license= $100 per year
    ts3 server rental= $50 per month x12=$600 per year
    We are not allowed to take donations at a loss of in 2016 $3,200 (give or take and ALL money goes to our community and not in our pockets)

soooooo.....

$20+$300+$100+$600=$1020 dollars per year!! add the loss of money from donations total cost $1020+3,200=$4020!!!

OR------>Discord=FREE

Seems pretty cut and dry for us, TS3 is NOT good for communities and or the gamer. Why? As MILLIONS have already done, Move to Discord. Lets be honest here though TS3 is far better then discord. Discords UI is rubbish and sound quality is even worse,Frankly it looks like some one puked on the screen and called it a UI. I absolutely HATE that pile of trash. But that being said the rules for a license for ts3 is STUPID and down right foolish. With so many options out there that arnt taking a weed wacker to your wallet and frankly the down right disgusting business model currently in place is an insult and frankly short sighted. We are forced like tens of thousands of others have already to drop TS3 and never look back.

It's rather sad when the only way to make them listen is at some point they have to feel the burn money wise from the MASS migration of people that are sick of this crap and now have more valid options to drop all their TS3 servers and be free of the BULLSH!T. TS3 you had better start listening. I have been telling you this for over a year but it seems you are to thick to get it! Of the tens of thousands you once had using this program you are now one less and climbing. Our ts3 will shut down at the end of this month and we will move to discord simply put having a ts3 server has done nothing but cost us PILES of money and has almost ruined our community and we have been in decline. This is due in part to not being able to take donations to keep our servers running (game servers nothing to do with ts3). And the fact that most of the other communities have left this cluster fook for discord and have saved THOUSANDS of dollars!

WAKE UP TS3 we are leaving and so are thousands more.
    LOL.... 4k a year? This reminds me of when our "rich" members wasted money on game servers. When we had 4-5 instead of the 1-2 we needed. Down scale your community. Sounds like it is more stress than what you guys can handle

Thread Information