Forum

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Future of TeamSpeak

I'm a huge fan of TeamSpeak and using it since TS2. And that's the reason why I'm saying what I'm about to say.

It really hurts me that more and more people are leaving Teamspeak and using other crap-software from Keyboard-
    manufacturers (Razer) or random company's like Discord, just because it's free (but they are surely paying with there data or such thinks) and way more modern looking and many people loving this new material (thanks google..) look of those programs.

So I'm really in love with TeamSpeak and all the features it has to offer (integrated-File-server, plugins, addons, skins, 3D sound, etc..etc..) but what's coming for the Future? I mean you guys must admit that the Software-Face (GUI) isn't really the state of the art any more.

I got no problem with it, I'm used to it, but there is surely potential for more.

The reason why I'm suggest a new interface with (maybe) new features, is that I don't want to lose TeamSpeak due to lack of user/customers. I want a TeamSpeak 4 or 5 when I'm old

And because this is a suggestion thread, I suggest you guys a look on the discord app for windows, I don't like discord thaaat much, but I must admit, it has a much clearer Interface than TeamSpeak ever had.
    And I don't say "make it exactly like Discord is doing it !!!111oneone". No, but maybe take a look and get some ideas from it, I mean, as long as it is possible for you awesome guys which provided me with so many happy and funny moments over the past few years

Don't know if I can post this link here, if not, remove the Link and this line pls.
    Just for you(mods, devs) to check it out if you want: https://discordapp.com/apps

I'm with you on this, I've always used teamspeak and even owned my own server for about 3 years running it on a VPS, I'm getting a few messages a day why don't I switch since I'm paying for it..

What's discord con's? I need to know them, if there aren't any its hard to keep people on my teamspeak.. >.<
    Last edited by dante696; December 16th, 2015 at 07:52 AM. Reason: removed giant quote

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    So I'm really in love with TeamSpeak and all the features it has to offer (integrated-File-server, plugins, addons, skins, 3D sound, etc..etc..) but what's coming for the Future?
    I am hoping to some new way to interact with the Serverquery. Preferraby some kind of REST-Interface, with HTTPS. Unencrypted telnet connections are not acceptable anymore.

I use an SSH tunnel for query.

Quote Originally Posted by fspower View Post
    I am hoping to some new way to interact with the Serverquery. Preferraby some kind of REST-Interface, with HTTPS. Unencrypted telnet connections are not acceptable anymore.
    I agree with you. A new way to interact with the Serverquery would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by fspower View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    I use an SSH tunnel for query.
    As numma_cway points out, if you open the telnet port and use it, that is kind of on you. Very easy to restrict server query to loop back ip 127.0.0.1 and then use SSH console and run telnet in it, or tunnel as he mentions.

Good thread Dimos, I agree on much of what you said. And I too see more and more communities switching to Discord. It would be a shame if Teamspeak faded away because of users switching to flashier alternatives with little consideration for security, latency, privacy, etc. I hope the TS devs are on top of things.
    Last edited by Zrixx; January 9th, 2016 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Screech View Post
    As numma_cway points out, if you open the telnet port and use it, that is kind of on you. Very easy to restrict server query to loop back ip 127.0.0.1 and then use SSH console and run telnet in it, or tunnel as he mentions.
    True if you host your own server.

Most likely not possible if you rent the server somewhere.

I don't post much but as I was looking for the latest patch notes I figured I'd comment. I agree that something has to be done with the interface. I personally will not switch to these alternatives as you really don't know what information they're collecting and keeping. At least with TS I know that the information is relatively safe. I have my own gripes with the software but for the most part it works as intended.

Exclamation Something needs to be done...

Teamspeak Devs if you care about your product and you don't want to see if fade away please let us know whats going on...I have hosted my own teamspeak for years and i have had MANY users from all over the world join in and play...But now i have users joining telling me how they are using Discord and they are no longer a fan of teamspeak or they have been using Discord and its "Better" as they say. I have looked into discord and found that i am not able to host my own server and they do everything...I do like that in someways but what information are they gathering behind everything...At this point i have seen my teamspeak at a low with users and the only time they get on is to chat with me or other users that still only like teamspeak but it is fading...quicker than i want it to...If you have some big news Teamspeak you need to do it now...Seems like i am going to be FORCED to switch just to make sure users are happy...An disable my teamspeak...I have been a user since TS2 and love everything about it...But you need to come up with something quick!!!

I think a web interface for teamspeak would not be a bad idea...Its a quick way for users to join with one the hassle of installing and trying to figure out how to join in....

From a concerned user
    Thanks!

I couldn't agree more with the suggestions in this thread. Disocrd is all hype and the features they're implementing just makes the app damaging such as video calls... and free to use and have users optionally buy sticker packs.. lol and they seem to be more focused on streamers to be blunt.

Yeah, i agree with all of you! The competition is far too high these days for TS3.
    The biggest problem about discord is that a US company is behind it and they probably sell analyzed data from the customers to cover their costs .
    I think mumble with a new great desktop, app and browser client could be the no. 1.

But like many of you, i am using teamspeak since 2006 self-hosted! I don't like to switch to another program or webapp because the mainstream dictates it.

...But what are you going to do, when all your gamers leave because of comfort?

The future of TeamSpeak 3 in the gaming community

I have been using TeamSpeak since before it was officially released. I am a huge advocate for it. I love the simplicity and the functionality. I am really worried though about the future of it. Not to state the obvious, but the bread and butter for TeamSpeak is it's gamer base. How does it intend on keeping it though?

Discord has come a long way and more and more people are adopting it daily even in communities where TeamSpeak is dominate. Discord is the TeamSpeak 3 that put the nail in the coffin for Mumble and Vent. The problem is that it is free, has tons of great features, it's just as responsive as TeamSpeak and it's updated more frequently than TeamSpeak. It partnered with Twitch even for some nice extra features for its users. TeamSpeak hasn't pushed the envelope with new features in a long time. How does it hope to keep it's user base? It simply can't.

Please tell me that TeamSpeak has something in mind to keep up with the changes that are happening.
    Last edited by dante696; October 5th, 2016 at 10:20 AM. Reason: merged

Angry

TeamSpeak is losing users because they are a bad company, inefficient, they don't respect and don't care about customers. the software is not designed for gamers and i'm tired of reporting cracked servers which is a plague, the reporting system sucks hard, they could improve it easily using all software clients to compare servers and report cracked ones but no, they expect us to work for them and guess if a server is cracked and open a ticket, and if the server has password forget about it. Also support for customers is awfull, totally disrespectful for clients that pay each month and open tickets 2 times a year.

Since the company was purchased it has not invested and not innovated in anything. This is sinking to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by dobledosis View Post
    TeamSpeak is losing users because they are a bad company, inefficient, they don't respect and don't care about customers. the software is not designed for gamers and i'm tired of reporting cracked servers which is a plague, the reporting system sucks hard, they could improve it easily using all software clients to compare servers and report cracked ones but no, they expect us to work for them and guess if a server is cracked and open a ticket, and if the server has password forget about it. Also support for customers is awfull, totally disrespectful for clients that pay each month and open tickets 2 times a year.

Since the company was purchased it has not invested and not innovated in anything. This is sinking to the bottom.
    100% accurate! For sure, TS3 hasn't invested anything... in a long time, makes me wonder if they're just hoarding money.

Where is ScP, he's been here the longest and surprised he doesn't have any pull around here!

When was company purchased?

Thread Information