Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Group Messages, I have looked every where, and trying to send a message to a group or groups, either off line or On line is near Impossible.

I am a member of a large community of gamers in War Thunder, and we have a hierarchy system spread over four Squadrons. I would like to be able send a message that they would recieve either whilst they were on line or it submitted as an offline message, to certain groups, ie. my officers, non commisioned officers or rank & file.

I would like to type a message and send it to a specific group that has been set up on TS3, by way of Adding that group or groups as a recipient.

I don't know about others but I get the feeling that this thread is turning into a mess with feature suggestions and feedback floating around everywhere.

I'd suggest to setup a "Fider" or something to actually collect all these ideas and let people vote which suggestions they like the most, but that would add a level of "transparency" that TeamSpeak probably doesn't want at this point.

Yes! I've been wanting Teamspeak to setup a feature request system for some time.

This is really a sad Day for teamspeak They priced themselves out of business i hate discord i had a nonprofit but now you kill that.
    I test servers so i use the nonprofit to create servers so i have 3 or 4 with 32 slots each so 3 servers 100 slots would be fine for testing. i guess its over to bad.

Quote Originally Posted by ElongEG View Post
    This is really a sad Day for teamspeak They priced themselves out of business i hate discord i had a nonprofit but now you kill that.
    I test servers so i use the nonprofit to create servers so i have 3 or 4 with 32 slots each so 3 servers 100 slots would be fine for testing. i guess its over to bad.
    Not being funny but TeamSpeak have reported a large profit each year so they're not going out of business any time soon. The non-profit license isn't being killed off, you just have to update your server to newer versions.

it's easy to answer

hello to you all, I understand what happens, even that I thought of the output of some dialogue system other than ts3 ....
    the reason is simple it's limited to 32 players, and even though I made the request two years ago, I have never received an answer to unlock the ts has more players, and at this moment I reopen my team coop on arma3 ,,, and because of that ja could not at the time make the meeting inter-team, and for my part it's still a problem this history of license ... still now even if I like ts3 a lot, the history of the license that can unlock more than 120 players would say that it is only for those who sell you ts3 ... maybe I'm wrong but unfortunately as soon as task force gives the plugin for another com system and alright I would be obliged to pass with something other than ts3 to have more players ... and info having not discussed with the community ... it's perfectly the kind of dialogue that spring all the time and the problem of security .... me perso I prefer ts3 ,, but when you have no choice you do not have the choice it is s imple I have a dedicated I will not refunded to have 250 slot? it's completely illogical ... that's what I think
    ts3 and the creator if you open your slot more easily more people would come back and it's not a prettiest thing that will make the difference on the contrary ... simple and effective ts3 is the rest of me I do not care

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHost View Post
    I don't know about others but I get the feeling that this thread is turning into a mess with feature suggestions and feedback floating around everywhere.

I'd suggest to setup a "Fider" or something to actually collect all these ideas and let people vote which suggestions they like the most, but that would add a level of "transparency" that TeamSpeak probably doesn't want at this point.
    we all expect a big change very strong in TS5, and inform us of possible improvements and make better comments, among the whole community to do the best, Discord has gained a lot of ground, it is true in exchange sells your information, but people do not care , sell your life for free on social networks, sell them somewhere else is indifferent, I have been with TS3 for many years, and every so often to convince all my community not to go to discord, my only bet is to bet very strong for TS5

Teamspeak 5 will be so good, that's why they skipped ts4.

Teamspeak, thank you. I didn't wanna be forced over to discord, where they data mine. I hate companies like that. You're a bit late, but I am glad you're ready to play ball. You've been on the field a lot longer. You know the rules. You know the game. So when you go out on that field, I hope you crush the other team.

You MUST have emojis.. Look,kids love them, gotta do it. Video calling, better friends list. Steam and origin, and whatever else. Let users change the whole layout. Make it easy. and it flash, and the only thing discord will have is it's free. Not really free, they're selling their users.

Thanks! I was really sad/mad thinking I was gonna have to go to discord.

Quote Originally Posted by Donaramu View Post
    You MUST have emojis..
    It's a good thing ts3 already supports them

Teamspeak 5 will be so good, that's why they skipped ts4.

Teamspeak, thank you. I didn't wanna be forced over to discord, where they data mine. I hate companies like that. You're a bit late, but I am glad you're ready to play ball. You've been on the field a lot longer. You know the rules. You know the game. So when you go out on that field, I hope you crush the other team.

You MUST have emojis.. Look,kids love them, gotta do it. Video calling, better friends list. Steam and origin, and whatever else. Let users change the whole layout. Make it easy. and it flash, and the only thing discord will have is it's free. Not really free, they're selling their users.

Thanks! I was really sad/mad thinking I was gonna have to go to discord.
    You will need to go over to Discord, because as far as we know atm, TS5 is a client refresh ONLY. Aka TS3 server will still be used, and those aren't supporting video calling, Steam integration, Origin integration other third party integration (like spotify, netflix etc) So yes. only a flashy new GUI with the old "functions"

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch. View Post
    TS3 supports server wide custom emojis for all users? How do I add them to my server?

I wish a new npl with Channel sponsoring allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch. View Post
    Yea.... I mean to the level discord and smartphones have them built in... In a video I made over a year ago, I point out that they have them, and they could do it better. Sadly they're limited. Thanks for wasting time.

Adding, I don't really care about emojis. I am fine with teamspeak as is. I don't need flash. But I am not everyone else. I can't speak for them. And people love emojis.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    You will need to go over to Discord, because as far as we know atm, TS5 is a client refresh ONLY. Aka TS3 server will still be used, and those aren't supporting video calling, Steam integration, Origin integration other third party integration (like spotify, netflix etc) So yes. only a flashy new GUI with the old "functions"

TS3 supports server wide custom emojis for all users? How do I add them to my server?
    Aren't they already working on linking up twitch in ts3? So why would it be hard for them to let you link up to steam, and other programs? I don't see why they couldn't do it. And to be fair, all they have to do is update a lot of what they already have. They have friendlists. They have PMs. They have invite links. they have emojis. They have most of the talking points the discord fanboys use. That's why in the end, all the can say is, " discord is free, and teamspeak looks old"... Given you can get teamspeak for free, I think they should also make that easier.

I see no reason why teamspeak 5 can't have most of what discord has, if not all of it. But we don't really know atm. What I will say is,they know they messed up by letting discord gain so much ground. Let hope they're willing to put in the work to fix it.. We should know if a few months

Aren't they already working on linking up twitch in ts3? So why would it be hard for them to let you link up to steam, and other programs? I don't see why they couldn't do it. And to be fair, all they have to do is update a lot of what they already have. They have friendlists. They have PMs. They have invite links. they have emojis. They have most of the talking points the discord fanboys use. That's why in the end, all the can say is, " discord is free, and teamspeak looks old"... Given you can get teamspeak for free, I think they should also make that easier.

I see no reason why teamspeak 5 can't have most of what discord has, if not all of it. But we don't really know atm. What I will say is,they know they messed up by letting discord gain so much ground. Let hope they're willing to put in the work to fix it.. We should know if a few months
    TeamSpeak can never do everything that Discord does. I mean they can't implement a "complex" friendsystem like Discord has, or Steam, or any other app where you can add friends and chat with them, because there is no centralized service for this. So you can maybe have some kind of server friends but well.
    Discord does this better with being able to chat with all your friends from all servers at the same time and even do multi chat, which TeamSpeak also lacks. You can only have one person per private chat.

Also the chat is not permanent, when you didn't checked the "log chat" mark in the settings. This was also the case for Steam

Emojis are badly implemented in TS3 as well, there are no custom ones per server that user can freely use on it if the admin added them. I mean even the chat is more than just old IMO. Just look at the Steam chat rework from a few weeks ago. The steam chat is now on pair with discord imo, you can drag and drop images into the steam chat, or post links and they will give you a picture preview. You even can use voice chat now. And all for free as well.
    And most "gamers" allready have an steam account today. So one more reason why TS is less important. If I want to play with my buddies I just call them in Discord or Steam nowadays, instead of asking in Steam chat "you wanna come TS?" like I did in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    TeamSpeak can never do everything that Discord does. I mean they can't implement a "complex" friendsystem like Discord has, or Steam, or any other app where you can add friends and chat with them, because there is no centralized service for this. So you can maybe have some kind of server friends but well.
    Discord does this better with being able to chat with all your friends from all servers at the same time and even do multi chat, which TeamSpeak also lacks. You can only have one person per private chat.

Also the chat is not permanent, when you didn't checked the "log chat" mark in the settings. This was also the case for Steam

Emojis are badly implemented in TS3 as well, there are no custom ones per server that user can freely use on it if the admin added them. I mean even the chat is more than just old IMO. Just look at the Steam chat rework from a few weeks ago. The steam chat is now on pair with discord imo, you can drag and drop images into the steam chat, or post links and they will give you a picture preview. You even can use voice chat now. And all for free as well.
    And most "gamers" allready have an steam account today. So one more reason why TS is less important. If I want to play with my buddies I just call them in Discord or Steam nowadays, instead of asking in Steam chat "you wanna come TS?" like I did in the past.

Yea, I know there are things right now that discord are doing better.There are also a lot of things teamspeak does better. IMO teamspeak is better as is. Just the fact that teamspeak isn't data mining me makes it better imo. Now I don't promote anything close to "hate speech", but the world is always changing. Saying "that's gay" could be viewed as hate speech one day, and I never have to worry about teamspeak shutting me down, such as discord has done. These are just basic things that makes teamspeak better. But it seems that you think teamspeak can't update any of the areas it's lacking in, to make them as good, or better than discord? I find this unlikely.

I was thinking about discord and their system. How everything is out there. I thought, what if teamspeak did something like that for ts5. Now you have the ts5 program you can use freely. Joining all the servers and whatnot. Still your server, your rules. But you can also log in. When you login, teamspeak connects your client to their database that stores all the stuff the server doesn't. Kind of like they seem to be doing with "myteamspeak"... My account has the jedi icon where ever I go, because I am logged in. So why can't it have a friendlist screen and other things added? Why not? I am not saying they will, but I hope they do. But why do you think they can't? It seems like you're a bit of a discord fanbot. Now I am not attacking you, but it does seem you like discord, and not teamspeak. And it seems like you think teamspeak is such, and there is no way they can add, or update stuff.

I believe they can. I hope they do. But only time will tell. The fact that there making any changes, lets us know, they're not giving up. So we will see.

Thread Information