Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: DNS and IP

DNS and IP

I want my website on DOMAIN.com and my teamspeak server on ts.DOMAIN.com. Please explain with as much detail as possible, because I am not that experienced with DNS, (*.example.com) although I am experienced with plain DNS. I have used freedns.afraid.org to point to a public IP. What I want is, to buy a domain with namecheap.com, than add ts.DOMAIN.com to point to my public IP address, and just DOMAIN.com to a website, (not sure what website to use) and my email to be [email protected].

I have NO IDEA how to do this, and this thread is probably in the wrong spot but I would like as much help as possible.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by dante696; December 18th, 2015 at 08:44 AM. Reason: please start using the forum search feature! we have many of such threads already!

Quote Originally Posted by Landon787 View Post
    I want my website on DOMAIN.com and my teamspeak server on ts.DOMAIN.com.
    You can have both resolved from domain.com to different addresses. DNS SRV lets you do that.

http://forum.teamspeak.com/showthrea...288#post383288

//seventh

Thread Information