Forum

Deny sending a private message to a server query

I have a bot connected via ServerQuery (different tasks, alert when user XY comes online etc.), the bot has its own server group.
    Since I only want to enable the bot for regulars on my server I set the i_client_needed_serverquery_view_power high enough, so other people cannot see him.
    The problem is when the bot writes something in the chat people can click on the name and send a message to it without seeing the bot in the channel list.
    So I set the i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power high enough to prevent that but it seems that it does not work.
    When I assign myself to the bot group people can no longer send me a message.
    So, does the i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power not work on ServerQuery clients?
    I don't really want to rewrite the code of the bot to check if someone who sends a message is actually one of the regulars.

Nobody can write to the ServerQuery as long he did not subscribe private messages events (servernotifyregister event=textprivate).
    Does not matter which i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power is set into the Query group.

The user will recive "This ServerQuery client did not register for the private text message event using "servernotifyregister event=textprivate". The text message was not received.".

And the i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power also works as expected.
    I could not write any private message to the Query, as long 1. he did not send a private message to me before or 2. I did raise my i_client_private_textmessage_power to 100.

So you have 2 otions now:
    1. Do not enable the event textprivate
    or 2. do not send private messages to these users before.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Is this a general feature in TeamSpeak that you can reply to people who texted you regardless of text message power?

Yes it is.

The i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power of the target (maybe also your i_client_private_textmessage_power) is ignored and you are able to reply as long the sender did not close the private chat to you.

A disconnect or timeout from any of the users also does close the chat to the target.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Thank you for your answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    And the i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power also works as expected.
    I could not write any private message to the Query, as long 1. he did not send a private message to me before or 2. I did raise my i_client_private_textmessage_power to 100.
    group bot:
    i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power 75
    group serveradmin:
    i_client_private_textmessage_power 75
    group normal:
    i_client_private_textmessage_power 50

So when I assign my main account to the bot group and connect a second time to my server (using a new identity with permissions "normal") and try to talk to the main account in the bot group i get the (expected) error "insufficient client permissions (i_client_needed_private_textmessage_power)"
    However, when I try to talk to the query (which has, for testing purposes, the exact same groups (bot and channel admin) as my main account ) I do not get an insufficient client permissions error. Even when the bot has not written anything previously (not in all chat, not in channel and no private message to the second account (with "normal" permissions).
    Maybe you could post me your minimal working example? Maybe i missed a skip flag or something?

So you have 2 otions now:
    1. Do not enable the event textprivate
    Not feasible, because then no one (not even server admin) can use the bot, right?
    or 2. do not send private messages to these users before.
    Does this include messages send in all chat or in the channel chat? The bot never wrote anything in private to a non-authorized user.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by SackZement View Post
    Does this include messages send in all chat or in the channel chat? The bot never wrote anything in private to a non-authorized user.
    This counts for private messages only.

Set b_client_skip_channelgroup_permissions to the bots group, if you havn't before.
    I have no clue left, because the setup worked as it should in my tests.

It looks like I had send some kind of private message to the testing identity a long time ago and didn't remember.
    I made another identity to test things and everything was working flawlessly.
    Sorry for wasting your time and thanks for the help.

Normally the chat counts as closed then.
    I never tested something like that on the Query.

Is it fixed for you now?

Yes everything is working as expected with the newly created identity so i presume this will work with other (real) clients as well.
    Still wondering how i whispered anything to the identity i was testing first with, since the bot only whispers back to people whispering him..

Thread Information