Forum

Serious Permissions Problem (Latest TS3 Client Windows)

Hi guys,

I recently did a permissions test on one of my servers.
    I'll lay it out for you:

Added a server password
    My permissions tester is in normal group, and does not have permission to ignore the server password.

Permissions tester connected to server just fine with a password added to it.
    Haven't touched permissions in a few months, because they had been working just fine.

[s]Another example is, on one server I have a members only download area, which is currently set to needed browse power of 55, and download of 55.
    The normal group has file upload, download & browse of 50, with browse without channel password. I used my permissions tester in the normal group, accessed my member's only area, and downloaded all member exclusive files, all with file powers of 50.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, this is a serious problem. I've had to shut down my clan server as a result of this.

I will add pictures as soon as I can[/s]

~ KR

Edit: I figured out the clan's server problem, with my permissions tester.
    However, I cannot figure out the problem on my private modding server

Server Advisor has file upload, browse, & download of 80, and the permissions for upload, download & browse of a particular channel are set to 100.
    Server Advisor group holder is in a channel, with channel group guest, and the skip channel group permissions flag is enabled. With the skip channel permissions, he can access the channel with needed browse, upload & download of 100. Upon removing the skip flag, he cannot.

No channel groups have any file powers of any type

Someone have any insight on this?
    Last edited by Knight Rider; December 17th, 2015 at 07:28 AM.

Please check within the rights-overview, from which group the right is assigned, and you will find your problem.

There you can see in detail, from which part of the permission-system has assigned this particular right.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_D View Post
    Please check within the rights-overview, from which group the right is assigned, and you will find your problem.

There you can see in detail, from which part of the permission-system has assigned this particular right.
    Zero channel groups have permissions that would interfere.

If you noticed my edit, upon removing skip channel group permission, it worked just fine.

Then you may not have checked the client-rights.

If there is a problem with your defined rights, it can be everywhere, so please check the overview to find it.
    My mentalist has his crystal ball in repair, so i can not see the whole configuration of your server. So please, check the permission overview of the clients, that have this problem. Or, if you cannot find it, post an image of the overview, so somebody can check it for you.

Also it is possible to check the rights directly on the server, that has this problems. If you are interested in a direct check, you may send me a pm with the needed data.

Quote Originally Posted by Master_D View Post
    Then you may not have checked the client-rights.

If there is a problem with your defined rights, it can be everywhere, so please check the overview to find it.
    My mentalist has his crystal ball in repair, so i can not see the whole configuration of your server. So please, check the permission overview of the clients, that have this problem. Or, if you cannot find it, post an image of the overview, so somebody can check it for you.

Also it is possible to check the rights directly on the server, that has this problems. If you are interested in a direct check, you may send me a pm with the needed data.
    The client permission section is the 2nd thing I checked, after finding out he couldn't access it without a particular server group.
    None of my servers have client permissions assigned to anyone, since nothing says that particular person can't share their Unique ID with client permissions assigned to it.
    While nothing is stopping them from doing it either right now, I can easily remove one from a server group with partial admin powers. Either way, if they wanted to do something that "kicks" me out of my server, I can easily remove the port forwarding on my router that allows them to connect to it, connect to it locally within my network, and use YaTQA to give myself permissions back

Thread Information