Forum

Notice to all users

We are migrating towards a new forum system located at community.teamspeak.com, as such this forum will become read-only on January 29, 2020

Thread: Client freezes

Client freezes

Hi all,

I recently purchased a new laptop, and am now trying to use Teamspeak to talk to my friends.
    However, when I try to do something that requires clicking on something in the client (for example, change volume for other users, or even browse my options or use the text chat), the teamspeak client will freeze, and I will not be able to talk to my friends (using touch-to-speak). I am able to hear them. The only way to close the program is to end the task, using the task manager.

I have tried re-installing, and both the 32-bit and 64-bit programs.

I am running Windows 10, and I have tried running it in windows 7 compatibility mode. I am always running the program as admin.
    I have downloaded the program from the official site.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Hyaganda

Quote Originally Posted by Hyaganda View Post
    Hi all,

I recently purchased a new laptop, and am now trying to use Teamspeak to talk to my friends.
    However, when I try to do something that requires clicking on something in the client (for example, change volume for other users, or even browse my options or use the text chat), the teamspeak client will freeze, and I will not be able to talk to my friends (using touch-to-speak). I am able to hear them. The only way to close the program is to end the task, using the task manager.

I have tried re-installing, and both the 32-bit and 64-bit programs.

I am running Windows 10, and I have tried running it in windows 7 compatibility mode. I am always running the program as admin.
    I have downloaded the program from the official site.

Any help would be appreciated!

Kind regards,
    Hyaganda

I made an account just to bump this thread. i have the exact same problem but i not only have this with teamspeak, but with several applications like ventrilo, mumble, speedcrunch, ... some i cant even use the menu bar at the top of the application or it will hang, even the notification icon will become none responsive, if i try to right click the menu border wil show up (or at least half of it) but thats it, very buggy. if you have an MSI that might be the problem since i have one aswel and i only seen threads on fora from msi users

I have the exact same problem, tried everything but yet nothing works. I can re-enact the freeze easily. I right click in the chat box for a random amount of time and then the client freezes. I can move the window and such but cant close it, only works if i force close it through the task manager.

Thread Information