Forum

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    It's know problem with MSI's Nahimic.
    Update or uninstall it to solve this.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

My ts3 freeze after 1 min :/

I installed ts3 on my new laptop (os : windows 10) but when I start it after 10-60sec ts3 freeze. I can't use the programme but if i am on a channel I can continue to talk but the image is freeze and i can't use it. :/
    Thank you in advance for your help.

Sorry for my english ...
    Last edited by dante696; September 21st, 2016 at 07:15 AM. Reason: merged, lack of details

TS client 3.0.19.4 crashes during server connect or microphone test

My Teamspeak 3 client (version 3.0.19.4) crashes after I try to connect to a server or when I try to test my microphone.

I solved it the first time when I got it by clearing my cache but that doesn't work anymore. I've also tried to reinstall the client without any luck.
    I can't find any logs and there's no error message, only a message to send the error report. (I've send that multiple times now)

Teamspeak Version TeamSpeak 3 Client 3.0.19.4 (2016-07-14 10:16:58)
    System Information Windows 10 (14393) x64
    Soundcard Driver Realtek High Definition Audio (Driver version 6.0.1.7931)
    DirectX Version DirectX 12
    Last edited by dante696; November 11th, 2016 at 11:57 PM. Reason: merged

Logs and the crashdump can be found your config folder %appdata%/TS3CLient
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Logs and the crashdump can be found your config folder %appdata%/TS3CLient
    Thanks, I'll add my log and crashdump as attachment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

The error you get looks like a broken driver for me.
    Code:
    AUDCLNT_E_UNSUPPORTED_FORMAT
    Succeeded but the specified format is not supported in exclusive mode.
    Source: https://msdn.microsoft.com/de-de/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

The driver shouldn't be running in exclusive mode in the first place, exclusive mode pretty much is what the name suggests, the driver being available solely to the application that requested said exclusive mode.
    There're two-and-a-half valid reasons for applications to do so:
    1) The application isn't playing back a typical audio stream, but passing through encoded data, e.g. Dolby Digital via a digital connection to an amplifier that decodes the stream. Since windows cannot encode/decode such data on the fly, such a stream cannot be mixed with other audio streams
    2) Some software used primarily in more professional audio contexts (DAWs, Wasapi-To-ASIO Wrapper drivers and such) may request exclusive mode
    2b) Some "audiophile" audio players sell by advertising bit perfect playback

Of course, a valid reason isn't a prerequisite for everyone out there to implement such.
    Obviously a simple error message will replace the crash in a client update - however, there's nothing very nice TS could do to "un"-exclusive an audio driver transparently.
    As a user, however, you can:
    * go to your windows sound settings, and for your capture and your playback device do as follows: Select Device->Properties->Advanced->Uncheck both exclusive mode checkboxes->Apply.
    * Check if any application you're running is sabotaging TS (and all other audio applications other than itself) either for a valid reason or not.

Quote Originally Posted by thorwe View Post
    As a user, however, you can:
    * go to your windows sound settings, and for your capture and your playback device do as follows: Select Device->Properties->Advanced->Uncheck both exclusive mode checkboxes->Apply.
    * Check if any application you're running is sabotaging TS (and all other audio applications other than itself) either for a valid reason or not.
    Thanks for your reply. I've tried your suggestions starting by unchecking the exclusive mode checkboxes (and restarted my PC afterwards).
    Didn't solve it unfortunately.
    Then I looked which (audio)software was running in the background. I found the Realtek HD Audio Manager and Nahimic 2 for MSI.
    I stopped them one by one and found out it was Nahimic who caused my TS to crash.
    I'll look if there's a driver update available and see if it solves it. Otherwise I have to stop using it.
    If you're interested in which Nahimic version I'm running: Version 2.3.4

Thanks again

Edit:
    I installed the newest Nahimic version 2.3.8 but TS still crashes when they're both running. I'll disable Nahimic for now.
    Last edited by reverse9; November 11th, 2016 at 10:54 PM.

Thread Information