Forum

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Team Speak overriding all sound on my computer

Whenever I connect to a TS server, all other program lose sound until I disconnect from the server. I have tried all the troubleshooting things I could try that I have read through the forums. I run windows 8. This seems like a bug but unfortunately I need my sound for other programs, plain and simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Last edited by dante696; January 22nd, 2016 at 10:17 AM. Reason: merged

start type sound (even if there is no box to type it in, just type it as soon as the start screen comes up), click sound under control panel click communications tab at the top and change "when windows detects communication activity" to "Do Nothing"

TeamSpeak 3 reduces volume of all other applications

Hello TeamSpeak community,
    I have an annoying problem, which drives me crazy right now and I hope you can help me. Let me explain it to you and please read carefully, so you don’t waste your time by giving suggestions, which I tried already.

Since the latest Windows 10 Patch, which was a major upgrade for the whole OS, I have a problem with TeamSpeak. Every time someone starts to talk, TeamSpeak will reduce the volume of all my other applications. Since I play online games I don’t want this to happen, because I use a lot of audio positioning. Gamers will relate.

I have a strong feeling, that this is a kind of bug, because none of the “solutions” I tried, lead to success.

Unsuccessful suggestions/“solutions” I tried so far:
    - System Control -> Audio Settings -> Communication -> “Do Nothing”
    - Checking the registry for correct values
    - Any combination of “exclusive audio mode”
    - Clean uninstall of audio driver and new installation of the latest driver package
    - Clean uninstall of TeamSpeak and reinstalling the latest TS3 Client version
    - Searching through TeamSpeak settings and plugins

I was able to isolate TeamSpeak as the source of this problem. Any other communication-application (Skype, Mumble, Steam, Origin VOIP, Ingame VIOPs) caused no problem.

I am not going to reinstall Windows, because it takes too much time and effort and I won’t accept it, that one program forces me to reinstall Windows.

At the end of this text as well as in the attachment I will append the dxDiag output for further information.
    I hope someone can help, because as much as TeamSpeak is annoying me right now as much I am loving it.
    Best regards from Germany

Code:
    ------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
          Time of this report: 12/30/2015, 03:03:16
                 Machine name: TIMON
             Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 10586) (10586.th2_release.151121-2308)
                     Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
          System Manufacturer: ASUS
                 System Model: All Series
                         BIOS: 2801
                    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.0GHz
                       Memory: 16384MB RAM
          Available OS Memory: 16328MB RAM
                    Page File: 3969MB used, 14789MB available
                  Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
              DirectX Version: 12
          DX Setup Parameters: Not found
             User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
           System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
              DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
                     Miracast: Available, with HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
               DxDiag Version: 10.00.10586.0000 64bit Unicode
    Code:
    -------------
    Sound Devices
    -------------
                Description: Sennheiser RS 175 (Realtek High Definition Audio)
     Default Sound Playback: Yes
     Default Voice Playback: Yes
                Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_10438616&REV_1003
            Manufacturer ID: 1
                 Product ID: 100
                       Type: WDM
                Driver Name: RTKVHD64.sys
             Driver Version: 6.00.0001.7503 (English)
          Driver Attributes: Final Retail
                WHQL Logo'd: Yes
              Date and Size: 05.05.2015 00:00:00, 4467928 bytes
                Other Files: 
            Driver Provider: Realtek Semiconductor Corp.
             HW Accel Level: Basic
                  Cap Flags: 0xF1F
        Min/Max Sample Rate: 100, 200000
    Static/Strm HW Mix Bufs: 1, 0
     Static/Strm HW 3D Bufs: 0, 0
                  HW Memory: 0
           Voice Management: No
     EAX(tm) 2.0 Listen/Src: No, No
       I3DL2(tm) Listen/Src: No, No
    Sensaura(tm) ZoomFX(tm): No
    Attached Files Attached Files

The client just interfaces with windows audio for audio stream io. Although it does look like that, the chances of a client bug causing stuff to other apps volume are quite zeroish, compared to a driver or windows bug that even for some reason just manifests for ts for you.

My safest bet would be that realtek has had hell of a lot of volume related problems lately.
    Try a more recent driver build (at the time of this writing there's 7712 on their ftp), disable all sound enhancements, particularly volume equalization/normalization and maybe try if switching between 16 and 24bit has any effect. Keep the sample rate at 48kHz (just a recommendation).

Those surround modes on the headphone could cause funky stuff, too.

Thank you for the quick reply

Unfortunately I was very busy this week and I will test your suggestions this weekend.
    As soon as I have a result, good or bad, I will post it here. For now thanks for the tips and thank you in advance for further help.

Not able to find the latest driver

Hello,
    unfortunately I was not able to find the latest build for the Realtek audio driver. The latest driver on their website is build 7541, which I have installed by now. I disabled all sound-effects and "enhancements".
    So far no effect at all.

I can't access the public FTP Server. Neither through a browser or a ftp-client. I followed Realteks step-by-step-manual.

Any other ideas how to get the latest build?

Best regards

This link should trigger the download of the zip from realtek's ftp.
    Thinking of it, an easier *test* would be to uninstall the realtek driver's and use MS HD Audio drivers. If the issue persists on those (given all effects are disabled), it's sorta unlikely the realtek drivers are to blame.
    Remark: Win10 has a bug in disabling specific updates. Windows update might reinstall the WHQL Realtek drivers they deem current at any point

Testing this evening

Hello,
    thank you again for the quick response. The link worked perfectly and I am going to test the driver this evening.

After uninstalling the old driver and before installing the new one, I did a short test with the MS Audio driver. I ensured that no Realtek driver was fetched from Microsofts servers, but the proprietary driver of MS. The result was the same. The volume of all applications, except TS, was reduced as soon as someone spoke.

Now I am hoping that the new driver will make any difference. Once I have a result, I will post here.

Thank you for the continuous help.

unsure where or if this is in win10?
    control panel/sound
    communications tab

do you have a reduce the volume ticked?

Unhappy Again no good news

Hello everyone,
    repeating my favorite word of the last days: unfortunately the new driver had no effect.

I am running out of ideas. Is there anything else I can do, except hoping and waiting for an update of TS, Windows or Realtek driver, that magically solves my problem?

I will try to delete the ts-config-folder in the appdata-folder again. Maybe there will be something different this time.

During my last test I noticed something new. The volume of the person who is talking, makes a difference to how the volume of my applications is reduced. The louder a person is talking, the quieter my other applications become. If a person whispers there is little to no volume reduction. This behavior is 100% reproducible. I would guess it is a somewhat linear and anti-proportional relation.
    Perhaps this behavior exists since the start of my problem, but i noticed it very distinct yesterday.

So far thank you for you quick, friendly and competent support.

Best regards,
    a desperate TS-user/gamer :-D
    Last edited by HeadhunterExtr; January 13th, 2016 at 11:25 AM.

you may have been typing your post while I posted mine.....

Quote Originally Posted by sTimulated View Post
    unsure where or if this is in win10?
    control panel/sound
    communications tab

do you have a reduce the volume ticked?

Thank you, but....

Quote Originally Posted by sTimulated View Post
    you may have been typing your post while I posted mine.....
    As I mentioned in my first post: I already tried this setting without any effect.

Best regards

Unhappy

Hello everyone,
    lastly I tried to delete the TS-folder in C:/Users/cuser/appdata/Roaming, but it had no effect. I am at my wit's end.
    Is there anything I can try or am I forced to accept my fate?

Best regards from germany

Here my guess (have no experience about that for Windows 10, think drivers still are not bug free)
    I think this comes from your sound card driver and is triggered due the playback mode in the client.
    I know that the realtek had a feature to reduce the volume of other apps in their own control panel.

Have you tried the different playback modes in the client already?
    Have you selected another device as default communication device in windows and the target soond card in the client?
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Here my guess (have no experience about that for Windows 10, think drivers still are not bug free)
    I think this comes from your sound card driver and is triggered due the playback mode in the client.
    I know that the realtek had a feature to reduce the volume of other apps in their own control panel.

Have you tried the different playback modes in the client already?
    Have you selected another device as default communication device in windows and the target sound card in the client?
    Thank you for your very quick reply,
    I have tried another (very crappy USB) sound-card, but it was so quiet, that I was not able to hear volume-differences.
    The next step could be to borrow or buy another sound-card and do some testing.

I was not able to find a volume-reduction-function in the Realtek-sound-panel. The Interface is very spare and does not offer a lot of functions.

I tried different playback modes and created new profiles beside the standard one. By now I don't think that TeamSpeak is the source of my problem.
    Meanwhile I know a lot of people who did the Windows 10 upgrade, too. Even if they have different mainboards with Realtek-sound-cards none of them has the same issue.

Either there is something weird going on with Windows or it is indeed the driver.

As soon as I did my tests with another sound-card I will post the results here. In the meantime I am open for more proposals. :-)

Best regards from germany

Thread Information