Forum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Do the faders in the application mixer actually move when this happens?

Mainboard from MSI by any chance? Nahimic installed?

Playback Devices -> Target device -> Settings -> Advanced -> All disabled?

A client log may be interesting, for the sake of it.

This did not fix my issue

Quote Originally Posted by Draygo View Post
    start type sound (even if there is no box to type it in, just type it as soon as the start screen comes up), click sound under control panel click communications tab at the top and change "when windows detects communication activity" to "Do Nothing"
    This did not fix my issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    Do the faders in the application mixer actually move when this happens?

Mainboard from MSI by any chance? Nahimic installed?

Playback Devices -> Target device -> Settings -> Advanced -> All disabled?

A client log may be interesting, for the sake of it.
    Hello guys,
    and no there is no visible indicator for the volume changes anywhere in the system. I can hear the reduction, but I can not determine the amount in DB or via an optical feedback.

Yep everything is disabled and I have an Asus z97-p.

What do you mean with client log? A client log from the TS-Client?

Best regards :-)

Yeah, I meant the client log. I don't see what it may show at this point, but we're well into the x-files area by now

Let's see...
    The overall audio might be above line level if both TS and a loud game output audio at the same time. This behaviour might have - for whatever reason -changed, with win10 or whatever driver. As the output audio doesn't stay in analog level, but will be digitalized by the Sennheiser base station, there might be some compressor/limiter kicking in the base station before the conversion in case the incoming signal is too hot.

Related testing:
    * Have issue also with speakers or just with headphone (in case speakers are fully analog).
    * Does the issue persist when the following is set:
    - TS playback options not amplified (slider at 0)
    - and TS way up in windows sound mixer
    - and Game lowered in windows sound mixer
    -> so that the resulting output level on the master output rarely hits the top when both are outputing simultaneously

Best regards,
    "Scully"

Quote Originally Posted by Philosound View Post
    Yeah, I meant the client log. I don't see what it may show at this point, but we're well into the x-files area by now

Let's see...
    The overall audio might be above line level if both TS and a loud game output audio at the same time. This behaviour might have - for whatever reason -changed, with win10 or whatever driver. As the output audio doesn't stay in analog level, but will be digitalized by the Sennheiser base station, there might be some compressor/limiter kicking in the base station before the conversion in case the incoming signal is too hot.

Related testing:
    * Have issue also with speakers or just with headphone (in case speakers are fully analog).
    * Does the issue persist when the following is set:
    - TS playback options not amplified (slider at 0)
    - and TS way up in windows sound mixer
    - and Game lowered in windows sound mixer
    -> so that the resulting output level on the master output rarely hits the top when both are outputing simultaneously

Best regards,
    "Scully"
    Hello all,
    please excuse my varying response times, but due to my job I can not reply that fast :-). What you are writing sounds somewhat logical.
    • At the time of Christmas I updated my Windows and got the new Headphones. I used the headphones for 2 days with the pre-patched Windows and had no issues. My volume settings are always the same: 100% source level in Windows and then I adjust my other applications. For example TS and BF4: Both applications are set to 100% in Windows, but BF4 is set to 10% internally.
    • I will try to reduces the output-level of Windows and my motherboard and adjust the volume through the independent adjustment of my headphones. Maybe this will do the trick. I will start off by setting the overall Source level to 50% and see what happens. If this is not the solution I will try to vary all source levels with different values and independent of each other.

So far thank you for the promising tips. I am very glad that TS has a very healthy, friendly and competent community.
    As soon as I have news regarding the volume-settings-changes as well as the testing with another sound-card I will post it here.

Best regards from Germany

Hello again,
    playing with the source levels had no effect. I would guess if oversteering would cause my headphones to reduces the volume this would make the whole signal equally quieter, but my problem is, that all applications except TS become quieter.

Best regards.

Update: I did not tested the different volume levels to the extreme. A few seconds ago I noticed that the TS source level in windows is not affecting the actual volume that much. I hear no big difference between 100% and 30%. Even on 10% TS sounds normal and is good understandable. Maybe windows is indeed changing the levels if it comes to oversteering due to the level of TS.
    Currently TS is running on 1% source level and I will continue my testing. Isn't it strange that reducing the source level bei 70-80% has almost no effect on the actual volume?

Again best regards.
    Last edited by HeadhunterExtr; January 24th, 2016 at 08:45 PM. Reason: update

Good evening,
    by now I fully tested all combinations of windows source levels. I muted all applications except TS and BF4 and tried different volume settings (1% TS - 100% BF4, vice versa, 50:50, 90:10, vice versa, 1% TS - 1% BF4). Also I tried to ensure that there is no oversteering from any application and the overall output volume is very low.

How shall I put it... still the same problem. I think I/we have reached the point, where I/we have to accept our defeat.

Does anybody know, if there is a newer realtek-driver than 7712 already? If so can somebody post a direct-download-link to the realtek-ftp again?

Thank you in advance and best regards from Germany

The latest and greatest are 7724.
    You can find them on http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...oadInformation, which you have to use ie to surf to and install the Microsoft update plugin to use, then search for realtek audio.
    It's probably on some third party download sites, too without ie annoyances, but I like to stay official when possible

Unfortunately one can never tell if they just added some mainboard ids or did actual changes and if so, which.
    Realtek change logs traditionally consist of one line:
    * customizations
    ("You don't say?")

I've always gone here for my realtek audio drivers?
    http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Audio%20Codecs

Are these different?

Best way for realtek devices is their website. Microsoft's driver are not always the latest.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Usually that's always been true in the past, even moreso compared to mainboard manufacturer sites.
    In this case however, the latest ones from the Realtek site (www, not non-anon ftp) are from june last year, while those in the update catalog have been built around a week or two ago. Note that those from the update catalog are not on "windows update" (but even those iirc are currently newer than the ones on realtek www.

Good morning everyone,
    thank you for the link to the Microsoft Catalog. To my embarrassment I did not know, that this site existed.

I will frequently check this site for new drivers and I will install them. Hopefully a new driver will fix my problem somewhere in the future. Until then I have to wait, unless someone want to suggest something else.

As soon as I have any news from my side I will post them here.

Thank you for your great interest and support.

Best regards from Germany

Whenever I join a server in TS all sound from other programs/games gets tuned down

Exactly as I stated above, whenever I join a TS server (its just one I use but I checked with the general TS channel as well, same issue) whatever I'm playing be it google chrome or spotify or whatever game gets reduced in sound by around 50%.

This issue has been driving me nuts, I checked everywhere in the settings but found nothing, I also do not have the volumecontrol plugin installed.

I've had this issue with windows 8.1, I'm on windows 10 now and the same issue is here.
    Last edited by Brokenspacebar; February 5th, 2016 at 04:05 PM.

Thread Information