Forum

Microphone Disabled

Ok, so up until this past X'mas I used my speakers and a microphone while gaming. I still use the speakers while playing solo, but the wife bought me a really nice gaming headset (made by Steelseries) which I now use when gaming with my friend online.

Typically I have the headset unplugged when I connect to my TS 3 Server. I connect to my server with the client beforehand so I'll know when he connects as I'm usually doing something else or perhaps playing another game while waiting for him. This means TS shows the microphone as disabled.

Once he connects, I have to exit the client, plug the headset in and then reconnect the TS client in order to enable the microphone.

I've looked through all the settings and done some searches both on this site and via google hoping to find a setting within the TS client allowing me to enable the mic once I've connected the headset without making me exit, then reconnect TS client.

Is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by CptnBlues63 View Post
    Ok, so up until this past X'mas I used my speakers and a microphone while gaming. I still use the speakers while playing solo, but the wife bought me a really nice gaming headset (made by Steelseries) which I now use when gaming with my friend online.

Typically I have the headset unplugged when I connect to my TS 3 Server. I connect to my server with the client beforehand so I'll know when he connects as I'm usually doing something else or perhaps playing another game while waiting for him. This means TS shows the microphone as disabled.

Once he connects, I have to exit the client, plug the headset in and then reconnect the TS client in order to enable the microphone.

I've looked through all the settings and done some searches both on this site and via google hoping to find a setting within the TS client allowing me to enable the mic once I've connected the headset without making me exit, then reconnect TS client.

Is this possible?
    As far as I know, Teamspeak looks at what you have when you connect to the Teamspeak. I would recommend just connecting with the headset but not using them until your friend gets on.

Hm, you could try the advanced hotkeys for playback/capture profiles to re-initialize them by toggling off and on again. Or, leave the headphones connected, have the default playback profile (the one using in the bookmarks) point to the speakers, and create a second playback profile, pointing to the headphone. Then you can simply toggle between the playback profiles using a hotkey, which I feel should be less of a hassle.

Thread Information