Forum

Hybrid View

[Release] Auto Reply Plugin

This Plugin can automatically reply to private messages and pokes you receive.

If you have any Ideas about what could be added feel free to reply and I'll see what can be done.

Works only on Windows, tested with Windows 7 64bit.

If the Plugin fails to load and you did download the correct Version for your Client then you need to install the Microsoft Visual C++ 2013 Runtime Libraries which can be found here:
    MS Visual C++ 2013 Runtime
    TeamSpeak already ships them, so you shouldn't need to install them manually (listed just in case). If you do though, make sure to select the architecture that matches your client installation.

Features:
    • Separate configuration per server (just don't visit too many servers :P )
    • Reply only when you're away
    • Reply only to those that have a certain server group
    • Send only one reply for each client
    • Ability to alter the reply message based on the message received (Regular Expression matching)

Downloads:
    Client 3.0.18+ (API 20) SHA1 Hash: 43F6DC25F833174D73099115742633721CB6C1B5
    Client 3.1.0+ (API 21) SHA1 Hash: 45A0CFBD3FCC78C90638A91A9EFB35676E579360
    Last edited by SilentStorm; August 29th, 2016 at 04:59 PM. Reason: Updated for API 21

Very nicely made, exactly what I've been looking for.

Edit:

Is it possible to only have it reply once to the person if they message you.

I.e. if I send someone a message as soon as they reply the message comes through.

Example -

Patrick: Hi
    Person: Hey
    Patrick: Auto-reply message

Edit 2:
    For some reason the reply only once per session option keeps being unticked whenever I restart my client, really annoying as I want it to be permanently on.
    Last edited by Patrick1164; January 26th, 2016 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Is it possible to only have it reply once to the person if they message you.

I.e. if I send someone a message as soon as they reply the message comes through.
    Yes it is. If you initiate the conversation it should still send the message if they reply, as long as the other requirements set forth in the settings are matched.

For some reason the reply only once per session option keeps being unticked whenever I restart my client, really annoying as I want it to be permanently on.
    whoops, yeah there was a bug with saving in certain situations, actually it affected all settings. I fixed it and updated the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    Yes it is. If you initiate the conversation it should still send the message if they reply, as long as the other requirements set forth in the settings are matched.
    Are you able to add another settings option to disable that as in my case I find it rather annoying that it replies afterwards?

Thanks for fixing the other setting too btw!

Are you able to add another settings option to disable that as in my case I find it rather annoying that it replies afterwards?
    I could do that, however that brings other problems, such as:
    - what if you close the chat, and they then message you? In theory it should send them the auto reply, since they messaged you. Unfortunately though, there is no information about the local client closing a chat tab from the SDK as far as I can tell.
    - what happens when you reply to every message?

The only semi-solution I can see so far is to force enable to only send one reply per client, and I don't really like that all too much.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentStorm View Post
    I could do that, however that brings other problems, such as:
    - what if you close the chat, and they then message you? In theory it should send them the auto reply, since they messaged you. Unfortunately though, there is no information about the local client closing a chat tab from the SDK as far as I can tell.
    - what happens when you reply to every message?

The only semi-solution I can see so far is to force enable to only send one reply per client, and I don't really like that all too much.
    Well what if you treat it as per-session like the other setting, in the sense that it only sends the message on receiving an email. But if you send the first message it disables it for that session only. That way if you restart your client and they message you then you'd send the auto-reply.

If that makes any sense at all!

Auto Reply Plugin

I have download the plugin, but the screen I get when I want to change my settings is not with the screenshot. And I cant also put in a server. Can somebody help me with that?

Quote Originally Posted by LinkOfArrow View Post
    I have download the plugin, but the screen I get when I want to change my settings is not with the screenshot. And I cant also put in a server. Can somebody help me with that?
    I don't quite understand what you're trying to say in the first part of the message.
    However the default settings can always be changed, and they'll be used for all servers unless overridden for a specific server. New servers are added as you connect to them, so whenever you connect to a server it should be added to the list.

If this plugin is getting anymore attention, a suggestion I have is the ability to execute commands 'remotely' - for example, setting up a command to say !text will execute a text document on the 'bots' side, and displaythat text in the private message.

One small suggest…

Hi!

I see that there wasn't any post in last 8 months and don't know if someone will check, but I want to suggest something.

I've been using this plugin for months and one day I realized that there should be one option, by which I mean sending special messages despite setting "Only when away" option. Sometimes someone is sending me a message about something I have listed to answer automatically, but it works only when I'm away… Either way it sends away message even if I'm active.

If You could add this functionality to this plugin, it would be great!

Regards!

Hello,

will there be an update to the current version ?

Greetings Michael

Thread Information