Forum

Using same snapshot for multiple ts3 virtual servers / How to edit template server

Hello, I have ATHP license for a while and I'd like to use same channels and permissions as layout or sign of my company or whatever you say. It seems it's only possible with editing template server but yatqa shows only server name to change, how can I add, copy preferably, channels and permissions to template server? If it's possible to use one snapshot for multiple servers it would be best tho.

Is there anything to edit created snapshots like we edit database with db browser? That would solve my problem as well

- Snapshot are for backups or for virtual server transfers to a new host. Not for copies.
    Using a copy of a virtual server while the original or another copy is running will deny to start the server.
    Code:
    |ERROR |VirtualSvrMgr | | startServer() VirtualServer(2) start denied, error: server is already running under a different serverID
    - Snapshots must be created via ServerQuery. There is no way around this.

- The template only includes server settings (no permissions, no channels or files) because this is only a serveredit command on server id=0

--->>> Please use a script that edits all settings and creates needed channels and sets the permission to create a template for all your future server.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    - Snapshot are for backups or for virtual server transfers to a new host. Not for copies.
    Using a copy of a virtual server while the original or another copy is running will deny to start the server.
    Code:
    |ERROR |VirtualSvrMgr | | startServer() VirtualServer(2) start denied, error: server is already running under a different serverID
    - Snapshots must be created via ServerQuery. There is no way around this.

- The template only includes server settings (no permissions, no channels or files) because this is only a serveredit command on server id=0

--->>> Please use a script that edits all settings and creates needed channels and sets the permission to create a template for all your future server.
    But I read when you edit or remove port (not sure about serverid) value its possible to use a snapshot on multiple virtual servers at once. Do you know if it's possible to browse and edit snapshots like sql database?
    Last edited by sunpeace; January 20th, 2016 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Merge

Multiple snapshots for multiple server at once is no included feature in our system. I don't know if Yatqa supports that.
    Again -> Snapshots are only for backing up a virtual server. Not for copies of a virtual server.

Editing, Adding, Removing something in the databse is not supported from us at all.
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

Quote Originally Posted by dante696 View Post
    Multiple snapshots for multiple server at once is no included feature in our system. I don't know if Yatqa supports that.
    Again -> Snapshots are only for backing up a virtual server. Not for copies of a virtual server.

Editing, Adding, Removing something in the databse is not supported from us at all.
    Despite its purpose, somehow yatqa pro allows me to use same snapshot for multiple servers at once, thank you

You can use whatver you do as you pleased.
    Doesn't change the fact that if you do, you're on your own.

Server is already running under a different serverID

Hello,

I have an old Snapchat my virtual server and I would load it on a new virtual server with Yatqa software.

When I load the snapshot on the new virtual server, I get the message visible below.

Name:  yatqa bug server id.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  26.4 KB

Id servers are necessarily different because I create a second virtual server to load my backup.

First server :

port : 9988
    server id : 1

Second server :

port : 9989
    server id : 7

When I quit my current virtual server, I can start the second virtual server.

Both servers can not operate simultaneously.

How can I do about it?

Thank you in advance for the help provided!

(Sorry for the translation ^^)
    Last edited by dante696; April 2nd, 2016 at 11:35 AM. Reason: merged -> not supported

Why this is not supported? I do not understand.

Servers and their slots could not be identified for accounting if we would allow server copies to be running.

Thread Information