Forum

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 258
  1. #151
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Brady, I tested your LightenIcons with your DarkenTS style and I really love these new icons. Especially the mic icons in the channel-tree and the brighter colors in general.

    But some Icons(the Option menu especially) won't work out very well together (which is obviously since it wasn't designed for a darkish styled theme) so its light gray and darker gray etc and not fully perfect readable at some points/menus.
    Could you maybe do a dark optimized version of the LightenTS icons? Or is this Icon set already available for a darker theme and I didn't searched properly?

    Thanks for your continued effort to improve the TS3 UI.
    Thank you very much for your kind words, Dimos. Have you tried the dedicated Icon Pack?

    Unfortunately myTeamSpeak does not support addon collections yet, which is the reason I had to release the Icon Pack separately. I will think about how to communicate this on the DarkenTS Style page in a better way. Thank you.

  2. #152
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    273
    Yes I already used that, but I just found the circular icons which I activated now.

    But I still like the LightenTS Icons better. Here a comparison. Somehow the Lighten Icons are more vibrant and.. stronger?. Idk

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q4xJ2ly.png 
Views:	663 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	15080
    The DarkenTS Icons with the edited circular mic icons (Thanks for pointing them out, missed them till now).
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SXAFYfJ.png 
Views:	333 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	15081
    And the LightenTS Icons. More vibrant, less washed out. Maybe just my own preference, but I think it looks better with that color schema.

    But as you said, since the Plugin/Addon/Theme platform doesn't support multi Iconspacks, I guess I stick with the LightenTS Icons for now, I'm not often in the menues

  3. #153
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimos View Post
    Yes I already used that, but I just found the circular icons which I activated now.

    But I still like the LightenTS Icons better. Here a comparison. Somehow the Lighten Icons are more vibrant and.. stronger?. Idk


    The DarkenTS Icons with the edited circular mic icons (Thanks for pointing them out, missed them till now).

    And the LightenTS Icons. More vibrant, less washed out. Maybe just my own preference, but I think it looks better with that color schema.

    But as you said, since the Plugin/Addon/Theme platform doesn't support multi Iconspacks, I guess I stick with the LightenTS Icons for now, I'm not often in the menues
    In the beginning I felt less inclined to change the colour palette of the Icon Pack, due to the fact that it was adapted to DarkenTS. However, after comparing those screenshots of yours I believe that a couple of changes could be made. I'll think about it.

    Edit: Submitted DarkenTS Icon Pack update to myTeamSpeak. For now the changes only include colour updates to red and green icons. "Empty talk icons" like in LightenTS will probably never be included, I want both Icon Packs to be different, and not just be a "Black and white switcheroo".
    Last edited by Brady_The; March 2nd, 2017 at 01:39 AM.

  4. #154
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    273
    Thanks for changing it, guess I will use the DarkenTS Icon's again.

    Off Topic:
    Can you recommend any good Servergroup icons which are going along nicely with the DarkenTS? Searched alot, but found nothing comparable to your Icon style/material styled.

  5. #155
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    Especially on 16x16 yellow icons currently seem to be drowning a little in the menus and tool buttons. Could you additionally check Permissions -> Server Groups (Advanced Permissions Display) and Options -> myTeamSpeak/Notifications, and see if yellow icons there are hard to make out? Thank you.
    Here are some more screenshots:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-02 um 18.05.55.png 
Views:	64 
Size:	24.9 KB 
ID:	15086

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-02 um 18.06.31.png 
Views:	66 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	15087

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-02 um 18.06.42.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	15088

    As I said... it's ok, but a different type of yellow or even a different color for some icons might be slightly better (blue for info and green for check circle maybe). In addition, I noticed that the icons for microphone/speakers disabled are kind of hard to recognize with the glimpse of an eye as the red Ghostbusters circle covers most of the icon. Not sure how to fix that tho...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bildschirmfoto 2017-03-02 um 18.18.36.png 
Views:	61 
Size:	13.6 KB 
ID:	15089

    Thanks again for this great set of icons.


  6. #156
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    As I said... it's ok, but a different type of yellow or even a different color for some icons might be slightly better (blue for info and green for check circle maybe).
    Yeah, that's definitely on me. I failed to check all sizes of yellow icons. I'll update the icons in question. This is also probably a good time to rework the colour coding of some of the icons, which could have been potentially a random decision in some cases.

    First adaption: Yay? Nay?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-4.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	15092

    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    In addition, I noticed that the icons for microphone/speakers disabled are kind of hard to recognize with the glimpse of an eye as the red Ghostbusters circle covers most of the icon. Not sure how to fix that tho...
    When I initially created these icons for DarkenTS I created two versions, but for reasons unknown I decided against the set with thinner "borders". I think the thinner version looks much better already, but it is up to you guys who use the Icon Pack.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-3.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	15091
    Last edited by Brady_The; March 2nd, 2017 at 11:08 PM.

  7. #157
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    First adaption: Yay? Nay?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-4.png 
Views:	108 
Size:	38.3 KB 
ID:	15092
    It looks slightly better... even on the white background. I'd have to see it in person tho, but so far I'd give it a "Yay".



    Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    When I initially created these icons for DarkenTS I created two versions, but for reasons unknown I decided against the set with thinner "borders". I think the thinner version looks much better already, but it is up to you guys who use the Icon Pack.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-3.png 
Views:	90 
Size:	37.4 KB 
ID:	15091
    The thinner version looks great. On that screenshot, I can clearly see a difference between the two icons.


  8. #158
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by ScP View Post
    It looks slightly better... even on the white background. I'd have to see it in person tho, but so far I'd give it a "Yay".
    To me this looks like an improvement, but I can't say how it looks in a Mac OSX style live environment.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e9wj1q8b.png 
Views:	138 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	15096

    I tested around a little bit with ''yellow/golden/orange'-ish' colours, and it turns out that I am really not good with that, especially if I have to keep a yellowish gradient in mind that rules out quite a few shades. I have attached the current test version of YellowIcons as a zip file. Could you please test it for me and see if it is acceptable or not? Thank you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #159
    Join Date
    June 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,371
    Some quick things about the icon pack:

    • The "addon" icon's style doesn't match the simlistic style of the others. I would go for one with straight edges.
    • The line width of "addon_translation" is way too different from "addon_sound".
    • For the "addon_icon" icon, the gap between the upper parts of the box (what's their name) and the sides is too small. The icons same applies to the gap between the people in the "contact" and "edit_friend_foe_status" icons. I would prefer those three icons to use the same gap there as the gap between the head and body in the latter. Especially the gap between the head of the front person and the other peoples' bodies is small than his own. Though you might even increase the gap between body and heads (labeled as "good" in the pictures below) as well, especially as this gap does not match the gap between the icon and the plus overlay in "invite".
    • "toggle_server_query_clients" doesn't make any sense to me.
    • Run PNGOUT or something on the icons, especially the ones with over 50 KB in size. Photoshop saves a lot of junk in PNG files unless saved "for the internet".

    Name:  addon_icon.png
Views: 424
Size:  3.2 KBName:  edit_friend_foe_status.png
Views: 447
Size:  5.3 KB

  10. #160
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Posts
    328
    I probably should have written a layout guideline a long time ago. Good call on the file sizes. I considered compressing them, but sizes were okay-ish, so I skipped that step, but 50+ KB are unacceptable. Thanks for the detailed feedback, mumma.

    I think my new slogan will be "Should have".
    Last edited by Brady_The; March 3rd, 2017 at 07:04 PM.

  11. #161
    Join Date
    March 2017
    Posts
    1

    Oh god

    OH god this is pure gold, i love you man !

  12. #162
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    6
    You said in my post your icons would not be from flaticon.com, realy man?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Exposed.png 
Views:	458 
Size:	346.5 KB 
ID:	15109
    - ma.rco-w.de/share/DarkenTS.png

  13. #163
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by marcow View Post
    You said in my post your icons would not be from flaticon.com, realy man?

    - ma.rco-w.de/share/DarkenTS.png
    I have to admit, after being confronted with your damning evidence I wasn't so sure any more, but I triple-checked the facts and my statement seems to be correct. At least I am fairly certain that there is a good chance that I am right.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mrw.png 
Views:	62 
Size:	121.4 KB 
ID:	15110

  14. #164
    Join Date
    October 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    To me this looks like an improvement, but I can't say how it looks in a Mac OSX style live environment.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e9wj1q8b.png 
Views:	138 
Size:	151.5 KB 
ID:	15096

    I tested around a little bit with ''yellow/golden/orange'-ish' colours, and it turns out that I am really not good with that, especially if I have to keep a yellowish gradient in mind that rules out quite a few shades. I have attached the current test version of YellowIcons as a zip file. Could you please test it for me and see if it is acceptable or not? Thank you.
    I think i looks better.

  15. #165
    Join Date
    November 2013
    Posts
    328
    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    Some quick things about the icon pack:
    Alright, for anyone interested in this sort of thing I have an update. First of all I have to thank you again, mumma. There where quite a few things wrong with the pack that were itching me not badly enough to change. Your feedback made me overhaul many icons, streamline the design a little bit, and apply and improve some techniques I stumbled across while working on LightenTS.

    Very much needed disclaimer: I am severely handicapped by the fact that I have neither many artistic abilities, nor much creativity. This restricts me quite a bit, which is the reason why I went the FontAwesome route in the first place, because that closes the gap between what I want and what I can do.

    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    • The "addon" icon's style doesn't match the simlistic style of the others. I would go for one with straight edges.
    Agreed. I tried to change it up a bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    • The line width of "addon_translation" is way too different from "addon_sound".
    Agreed. I used some terrible addon icons. I have no idea why I even considered them in the first place. I replaced them with (hopefully) better variations.

    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    • For the "addon_icon" icon, the gap between the upper parts of the box (what's their name) and the sides is too small. The icons same applies to the gap between the people in the "contact" and "edit_friend_foe_status" icons. I would prefer those three icons to use the same gap there as the gap between the head and body in the latter. Especially the gap between the head of the front person and the other peoples' bodies is small than his own. Though you might even increase the gap between body and heads (labeled as "good" in the pictures below) as well, especially as this gap does not match the gap between the icon and the plus overlay in "invite".
    Agreed on addon_icon. I replaced it because it really did not fit the purpose. Contact appears in the original packs, but is unused. edit_friend_foe_status was obviously based on it, but considering that it only appears in 16x16 and 32x32 (which removes a lot of details) I replaced it with a more simplistic icon. I am not super happy with it, but it'll work for now.

    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    • "toggle_server_query_clients" doesn't make any sense to me.
    It's supposed to be a toggle button. It would probably work better if TeamSpeak had an On and Off variation. I have problems coming up with a good replacement. I might change it, I might not.

    Quote Originally Posted by numma_cway View Post
    • Run PNGOUT or something on the icons, especially the ones with over 50 KB in size. Photoshop saves a lot of junk in PNG files unless saved "for the internet".
    Agreed. This is part of the aforementioned improvements. Photoshop's own export tool is actually quite good. I halved the size of the Icon Pack.



    UPDATE 08.03.2017
    (because I am an idiot)
    Fixed DarkenTS Icon Pack and LightenTS Icon pack off-colour green icons. Please download the "hotfix" you need, attached to this comment. Important! Download and run this only if you are already using the Icon Packs mentioned above!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Brady_The; March 8th, 2017 at 06:53 AM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Save ip or name of member.R
    By Mrcritical in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: November 26th, 2013, 06:54 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •