Forum

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brady_The View Post
    My apologies, real life got in the way.
    No apologies for that! Real life always goes first.
    And thanks for the upload!

There are some things I found (a few personal, possible improvements too):

• Some navigation bars seem strange (e.g server groups). {1}
    • The priority speaker/channel comander icons have some strange "mesh". {2}
    • There are some blank things in the server/channel group, .. menu. {3}
    • Still some white spots (e.g record/playback, server welcome message settings).

• Possible borders arround those server/chat tabs?
    • A lot of texts (settings, plugins, ..) seem too big. {4}
    • Possible to adjust the channel settings, .. tab layout? {5}
    • How about a horizontal line under the top navigation menu?
    • Possible to make the server message links bold but chat links not? {6}
    • The refresh button still seems strange to me (only with language set to German tho). {7}

Edit 1: I've just noticed that you display a checkbox instead of the server group icons. My bad!
    Edit 2: Scratch "Edit 1"! In the default theme there is a checkbox too. Shame on me! :| Still don't like the border thing of that checkbox.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by monkyyx; January 25th, 2016 at 10:29 PM.

Alrighty, this trainwreck is getting bigger and bigger. It looks like I should have advanced to a power user first, before diving again into creating styles. :-) Thank you guys for having patience with me, and keeping on giving feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by monkyyx View Post
    There are some things I found (a few personal, possible improvements too)
    * Some navigation bars seem strange (e.g server groups). {1}
    - Could you expand on that? Are you talking about the pink coloured area? If yes: Fixed!
    * The priority speaker/channel comander icons have some strange "mesh". {2}
    - Fixed!
    * There are some blank things in the server/channel group, .. menu. {3}
    - Fixed!
    * Still some white spots (e.g record/playback, server welcome message settings).
    - Fixed! (some of them at least, please don't hurt my already weakened confidence by finding more)
    - Record = Aufnahme? Are you talking about the Add/Remove Tool buttons by any chance? In that case: Fixed, fixed, fixed!
    * Possible borders around those server/chat tabs?
    - That is not what I was aiming for, but I will see what I can do. Is it too hard to navigate? Too hard to differentiate?
    * A lot of texts (settings, plugins, ..) seem too big. {4}
    - Settings: As intended | Plugins: Fixed!
    * Possible to adjust the channel settings, .. tab layout? {5}
    - I agree, they are not optimal. I have to dig a little deeper how to change them, adjusted for now.
    * How about a horizontal line under the top navigation menu?
    - Do you mean the Menu Bar (Connections ... Help / Verbindungen ... Hilfe)? If yes, I am afraid that I was not aiming for that. Any particular reason why you would like a horizontal line?
    * Possible to make the server message links bold but chat links not? {6}
    - You are right. This makes more sense. Adjusted.
    * The refresh button still seems strange to me (only with language set to German tho). {7}
    - I will add support for German language. Fixed!

Edit: I've just noticed that you display a checkbox instead of the server group icons. My bad! (prefer the icons tho)
    Edit 2: Scratch "Edit 1"! In the default theme there is a checkbox too. Shame on me! :| Still don't like the border thing of that checkbox.
    Thanks for the second edit. I already thought I was going crazy. What do you mean with border? The highlighted area?
    Last edited by Brady_The; January 26th, 2016 at 12:40 AM.

Alrighty, this trainwreck is getting bigger and bigger. It looks like I should have advanced to a power user first, before diving again into creating styles. :-) Thank you guys for having patience with me, and keeping on giving feedback.
    There's the community for, isn't it?

* Some navigation bars seem strange (e.g server groups). {1}
    - Could you expand on that? Are you talking about the pink coloured area? If yes: Fixed!
    I think so, yes. Have to check it out as soon as I'm home tho.

* Still some white spots (e.g record/playback, server welcome message settings).
    - Fixed! (some of them at least, please don't hurt my already weakened confidence by finding more)
    - Record = Aufnahme? Are you talking about the Add/Remove Tool buttons by any chance? In that case: Fixed, fixed, fixed!
    - Challenge accepted!
    - Yes, I meant those.

* Possible borders around those server/chat tabs?
    - That is not what I was aiming for, but I will see what I can do. Is it too hard to navigate? Too hard to differentiate?
    It's just a personal thing. Will figure that out myself.

* How about a horizontal line under the top navigation menu?
    - Do you mean the Menu Bar (Connections ... Help / Verbindungen ... Hilfe)? If yes, I am afraid that I was not aiming for that. Any particular reason why you would like a horizontal line?
    That's what I mean. But it's a personal thing too.

Thanks for the second edit. I already thought I was going crazy. What do you mean with border? The highlighted area?
    No. Take a look at my screenshot above (number 3). If the checkbox is checked it's fine but when it's not checked there is a shadow thing.

Version 1.0.2

Because I haven't heard anything new I am going to release v1.0.2. Lots of optimisation, lots of fixed stuff (hopefully everything, even though I wouldn't bet on it). This is probably the version I should have released in the first place. Mistakes were made.

Download [URL REMOVED].

Considerable changes: By request of Deireadh and monkyyx I added the option for TabBar borders and ScrollBar buttons. Per default those options are disabled. For more information read the changelog in DarkenTS.qss.

Note: TabBar borders is set up as example. Customisation to fit the theme or your own liking is definitely needed. Feel free to share your modifications via screenshot and/or code!
    Last edited by Brady_The; July 27th, 2016 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Please refer to the first thread comment for the newest version of DarkenTS. Thank you!

Really good work there! Thanks for that.
    Haven't found any other "bug" or something like that.

Personally I don't care about you publishing a kinda WIP theme. It's easier to improve it this way. At least I think so.

Edit: I kinda feel bad for asking this, but it is possible to give the "plugins menu" (between the plugin name and the arrow) [screenshot] a little more space?

Really good work there! Thanks for that.
    Haven't found any other "bug" or something like that.

Personally I don't care about you publishing a kinda WIP theme. It's easier to improve it this way. At least I think so.
    Thank you. And thank you. :-)

Edit: I kinda feel bad for asking this, but it is possible to give the "plugins menu" (screenshot) a little more space?
    Something tells me I should start using some plugins. ;-P I fixed it. Thank you.
    Last edited by Brady_The; January 26th, 2016 at 11:14 PM.

Thank you. And thank you. :-)
    You're welcome!

Something tells me I should start using some plugins. ;-P I fixed it. Thank you.
    Thanks for that!
    I guess it will be implemented in the next update?

I found a few more things (maybe they're intended):

• Possible to remove the grey box? [~1~]
    • The scroll bar in the poke screen is kinda bugged [~2~]
    • There's a light grey line above the not active server tab [~3~]
    • Possible to change the color of people who are in my contact list (to match the green in chat)? [~4~]
    • "Edit Virtual Server" -> "Logs", ..: possible to make settings that I can't change (not enough permission) brighter? [~5~]

I found a few more things (maybe they're intended):
    * Possible to remove the grey box? [~1~]
    - Probably. I need more information on this. Your picture is a little small. Is that the tab bar? Did you customise something inside the DarkenTS.qss? If yes, could you send it to me?
    * The scroll bar in the poke screen is kinda bugged [~2~]
    - Fixed!
    * There's a light grey line above the not active server tab [~3~]
    - This is a known bug. Working on it.
    * Possible to change the color of people who are in my contact list (to match the green in chat)? [~4~]
    - Those colours appear to be hardcoded. Nothing I can do, I am afraid.
    * "Edit Virtual Server" -> "Logs", ..: possible to make settings that I can't change (not enough permission) brighter? [~5~]
    - I can't believe I forgot to implement those boxes. Fixed!

Really liking the theme so far, a nice new style IMO.

Would be great to have the default_extended extra information for clients and channels too as it's very helpful.

One thing I've noticed is that the host message is almost impossible to read if there's a link there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2016-01-30_11-34-59.png 
Views:	137 
Size:	5.2 KB 
ID:	13473

Doesn't look too bad on here but looks odd on all 3 of my monitors.

* Possible to remove the grey box? [~1~]
    - Probably. I need more information on this. Your picture is a little small. Is that the tab bar? Did you customise something inside the DarkenTS.qss? If yes, could you send it to me?
    Those are the server, channel, user chat tabs. Didn't customize anything in the .qss!
    The grey box appeared in version 1.0.2 I think.

Those are the server, channel, user chat tabs. Didn't customize anything in the .qss!
    The grey box appeared in version 1.0.2 I think.
    Note to myself, ignore server censoring, focus on buttons. I thought people would prefer a clear distinction between tab and button, but I adjusted it a little bit to make it less dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    Really liking the theme so far, a nice new style IMO.

Would be great to have the default_extended extra information for clients and channels too as it's very helpful.

One thing I've noticed is that the host message is almost impossible to read if there's a link there.
    Thank you! I am already working on adding more information to the clients and channels. Those changes will be included in the next version.

To my knowledge those link colours are hard-coded (see links in Options menu) and unfortunately not adjustable on my end. However I can see how this is not acceptable, and will see what I can do.

Note to myself, ignore server censoring, focus on buttons. I thought people would prefer a clear distinction between tab and button, but I adjusted it a little bit to make it less dominant.
    To be honest, I should have given a few more information on that..

Another thing I just realized is that I can't slide the bottom navigation bar to the right. I can only move it, if I click on the right side of it (screenshot: red box). Sliding to the left works just fine.

Version 1.0.3

Version 1.0.3 has been released. You can download it [URL REMOVED]. This release contains a couple of bug fixes and additions.
    Last edited by Brady_The; July 27th, 2016 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Please refer to the first thread comment for the newest version of DarkenTS. Thank you!

Thread Information