Forum

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 138
  1. #106
    Join Date
    December 2015
    Posts
    267
    Quote Originally Posted by Fubister View Post
    You're wrong, he said they sound similar but if he had to chose, he would would lean towards teamspeak more
    Yep, and because of this slightly better voice quality I go back to teamspeak and give up all the other nice modern features that Discord offers me. Just to hear my mates scream a tiny bit better/clearer when they got a headshot. /s

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick1164 View Post
    I have to agree with you Discord just sounds like ass compared to TeamSpeak at a higher bitrate.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-e...VqYU5FeUk/view

    Totally sounds like ass. Cant even understand the Discord recording. Is he talking a language there? /s
    Last edited by dante696; March 11th, 2019 at 07:48 AM. Reason: merged and moved out of ts5 discussion

  2. #107
    Join Date
    June 2018
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    93
    Discord has not the same voice quality and codec as TeamSpeak. Voice quality on discord is bad and thats why I still use teamspeak. Discord has not data encryption. They sell ur data to 3rd parties. Connection to discord servers is really bad. Just wait guys for ts5.
    Last edited by dante696; March 11th, 2019 at 07:43 AM. Reason: merged and moved out of ts5 discussion

  3. #108
    Join Date
    September 2016
    Posts
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by Well_Skilled View Post
    Discord has not the same voice quality and codec as TeamSpeak. Voice quality on discord is bad and thats why I still use teamspeak. Discord has not data encryption. They sell ur data to 3rd parties. Connection to discord servers is really bad. Just wait guys for ts5.
    I love teamspeak too... But you are not correct. Discord and ts3 voice quality are the same, unless you have an elephant ears...
    Also, the data is encripted. You don't have any prove related if they sell data to third parties or not... (I think too, but I can't confirm it).
    The only thing I don't like from discord, it's that it's not the best platform to create a clan or community. Yesterday I visited one of the largest servers, and there were not users in channels... "They were online, but not on the server", which is a confuse thing if you came from ts3...
    Last edited by dante696; March 11th, 2019 at 07:43 AM. Reason: merged and moved out of ts5 discussion

  4. #109
    Join Date
    January 2017
    Posts
    377
    Quote Originally Posted by DalexHD View Post
    I love teamspeak too... But you are not correct. Discord and ts3 voice quality are the same, unless you have an elephant ears...
    Also, the data is encripted. You don't have any prove related if they sell data to third parties or not... (I think too, but I can't confirm it).
    The only thing I don't like from discord, it's that it's not the best platform to create a clan or community. Yesterday I visited one of the largest servers, and there were not users in channels... "They were online, but not on the server", which is a confuse thing if you came from ts3...
    - Teamspeaks voice quality is way better than discord
    - Discord will sell your data to third parties.
    - Discord is not encrypted at all
    Last edited by dante696; March 11th, 2019 at 07:44 AM. Reason: merged and moved out of ts5 discussion

  5. #110
    Join Date
    January 2019
    Posts
    30
    Quote Originally Posted by MCGamingDE View Post
    - Teamspeaks voice quality is way better than discord
    - Discord will sell your data to third parties.
    - Discord is not encrypted at all
    You are absolutely wrong.

    1. The voice qualities are literally the same. Both are mostly using the same codec (OPUS). Teamspeak got some more, however they are not better and no one actually uses them. The youtuber "linus tech tips" did a video about it where he compared the audio. You can't hear a difference. He even linked the audio files in the description, check it out here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VayvZUL2mBc&t=249s

    2. Let me quote discords privacy policy: "The Company is not in the business of selling your information". They also don't need to, it would probably hurt them more (because their reputation would go down) than it would help (selling data without showing ads on their own page is literally not a good business). Their main incomes are from cosmetics (nitro) and other services they offer in addition (their store).

    3. The entire community runs over https. This means you, discord and the recipient can read the data you send. Teamspeak might have a slight advantage here because you can enable end2end encryption there, however many people don't do that and your claim that there is no encryption at all is still wrong.
    Last edited by dante696; March 11th, 2019 at 07:43 AM. Reason: merged and moved out of ts5 discussion

  6. #111
    Join Date
    March 2019
    Posts
    1
    I've used teamspeak for years, an to me its the best, but users keep suggesting we go over to it...
    Last edited by dante696; March 12th, 2019 at 11:46 PM. Reason: removed giant unrelated quote

  7. #112
    Join Date
    February 2012
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    572
    Now that I used Discord more, I can say for the current version of Teamspeak: Goodbye.

    Using Teamspeak in comparison to Discord is like using an old-school cell phone in comparison to a smartphone. Having resources like the permanent chat with integrated attachments and screen sharing, as well as being a global user regardless of on what server I am actually online, is so useful and broadens the reach of your communication. You don't need any extra medium to host any resources.

    A Discord server is all groups and tiny to medium sized communities need. No forum, no web hosting - just a discord server. It serves voip and all resources that members casually want to share on a permanent basis. It's all much more integrated. Web client, standalone client, smartphone client. All the same. Seamless. Easy and intuitive permission system for server operators.

    Apropos intuitive: with Teamspeak, you need to know how to use it. With Discord, you just use it. It's also more clearly laid out as a whole, since it doesn't depend on a main menu bar. This is a legacy of traditional Windows desktop application design.

    Actually, Discord is a messenger for groups. A messenger where you can always stay online if you like. Most easy and intuitive on your smartphone that is always with you. A messenger with optional voip group communication support. You stay seamless online. You just leave the voice chat but stay in the text chat. Staying up to date with notifications on your smartphone, if you like/need that. You can use it as a bigger version of Whatsapp, if you need more than one messaging channel with picture attachments for a group.

    In Teamspeak, you can only speak. It's crippled if you cannot speak. Chat is only good for ad-hoc sharing of links and debugging if someone's headset doesn't work. These days, that's not enough. It's a kid's toy in comparison to Discord.

  8. #113
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    1

    Comparison Between Discord and Teamspeak

    What did Discord do right that Ventrilo and Teamspeak failed to do? Why is Discord better than Skype and Teamspeak?
    Last edited by dante696; May 20th, 2019 at 11:06 AM. Reason: merged

  9. #114
    Join Date
    August 2014
    Posts
    113
    Hello, I know some communities that have closed because of discord.


    The problem with the cat discord is that the main cat of a video game is abandoned so do not forget that some people do not use communication software.


    That's what I like about TeamSpeak, I hope we can choose if we want to have permanent or temporary global chat
    Last edited by Dragon34; May 20th, 2019 at 11:39 AM.

  10. #115
    Join Date
    June 2019
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    1
    I prefer TS!!!

  11. #116
    Join Date
    January 2010
    Location
    Hinterfeitupfing
    Posts
    40
    Discord needs significantly more resources than TS3. With Discord in my browser I even measured up to 503 MB memory consumption. TS5 is supposed to be a completely new interface without Qt. Let's see what's built in instead before you're happy. If it is e.g. Java, you can also use Discord, because Java is very wasteful with resources. Also the translation of Discord to German is terrible in some places. The rights management of Discord is very limited.

    Name:  ts3_vs_discord.png
Views: 211
Size:  33.1 KB

  12. #117
    Join Date
    June 2019
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by floprott View Post
    You are absolutely wrong.

    1. The voice qualities are literally the same. Both are mostly using the same codec (OPUS). Teamspeak got some more, however they are not better and no one actually uses them. The youtuber "linus tech tips" did a video about it where he compared the audio. You can't hear a difference. He even linked the audio files in the description, check it out here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VayvZUL2mBc&t=249s

    2. Let me quote discords privacy policy: "The Company is not in the business of selling your information". They also don't need to, it would probably hurt them more (because their reputation would go down) than it would help (selling data without showing ads on their own page is literally not a good business). Their main incomes are from cosmetics (nitro) and other services they offer in addition (their store).

    3. The entire community runs over https. This means you, discord and the recipient can read the data you send. Teamspeak might have a slight advantage here because you can enable end2end encryption there, however many people don't do that and your claim that there is no encryption at all is still wrong.
    if u buy discord nitro, quality will be same as teamspeak but NO on free server.. stop talking shit man read more about discord,

    Teamspeak might have a slight advantage here because you can enable end2end encryption there, however many people don't do that and your claim that there is no encryption at all is still wrong. - XD.. stop pls...

  13. #118
    Join Date
    September 2012
    Posts
    133
    Yeah, Electron takes its share.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    7
    I guess you don't get this with TeamSpeak


  15. #120
    Join Date
    February 2017
    Posts
    7
    The audio quality difference between the two isn't really anything, they're both great.

    My major gripe with Discord is how it handles my microphone in particular, using voice activation detection it either fails to pick up my voice or picks up everything. I don't have that issue on TeamSpeak.

    I'm using a Samson GO Mic on a boom arm, my friend has a similar issue using a Blue Yeti.

    And while the interface is more modern it feels clunkier to me; based on the leaked TS5 screenshots it looks to be going the same way All I want from TeamSpeak is to have a dedicated text chat window on the right side of the application with embedded images and videos.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 5th, 2016, 11:40 PM
  2. Discord like twitch sub sync (Explained in thread)
    By chrisjudd in forum Tools / Web Based
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: January 23rd, 2016, 11:37 AM
  3. Benefits of diff DBs
    By Correnzo in forum Server Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: September 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •