Forum

Server kicking outside users when logged on using same ip

So, the title doesn't really do my issue justice, so I'll try to explain.

I've created my own TS3 server. It's currently running off of my file server at work. When I log into the server ( via ip address ) from my home location, or really any location other than where the server is physically at, all is well, and multiple people can join, no problem.

The problem happens, when I try to logon to ts, using the same internet connection as my server.

Example: WORKS: Logon to ts via ip address from home, everybody else does too, no problem
    Example: FAIL: I logon to TS from my work computer ( not the server ) which is on the same network as the server, everybody else gets booted off, cannot connect, and then I have to restart my server, thus never allowing me to connect to our TS while I'm on the same network.

Does any of this make sense to you guys? Am I able to clearly explain the problem, or should I try to explain it differently?

Anyway, ANY help from the TS masters would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I've forwarded all the right ports in my router (10111, 30333, 9987), and we can connect externally from any other ip address, so a port issue is very unlikely.

That's a security rule (or feature) in your firewall or router.
    Could be that one of them blocks all connections to your voice port since 2 connections from the same ip ask for the same port (kind of miniminininini DDOS).
    When sending me private messages: Please make sure to include reference link to your forum thread or post.

TeamSpeak FAQ || What should i report, when i open a client thread?

More like "someone" enabled port trigger on the port you're using for TS3 (essentially cutting off the other client in same network, when another one sees traffic), or a router is overloaded with torrent traffic and just dropping clients.

Quote Originally Posted by ANR Daemon View Post
    More like "someone" enabled port trigger on the port you're using for TS3 (essentially cutting off the other client in same network, when another one sees traffic), or a router is overloaded with torrent traffic and just dropping clients.
    So how do I fix that? I've got a Belkin F5D8235-4 and I don't see any type of port triggering on the router, and as for torrent traffic, there is none. The server is setup at my work, and torrenting is definitely not happening there.

Is there a log from your router you can check? Maybe there will be some indication of what the issue is in there.

Thread Information